Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foobar sampling rate (Read 23191 times) previous topic - next topic

foobar sampling rate

Hi!
Could somebody please help me out! I want to know what sample rate foobar gives out to external DAC without using resampler, for exaple, if i play 16bit/44.1khz audio than that would come out, but if i play 24bit/96khz will that be native output or will it be downsapled to 16/44.1 without using resampler? in other word will that what comes in goes out or do I have to specify sample rate?

foobar sampling rate

Reply #1
That depends on your OS and output method, which version is your OS (Vista/7/XP) and what output set in Foobar Preferences -> Output?

foobar sampling rate

Reply #2
Depends on input decoders too.

foobar sampling rate

Reply #3
That depends on your OS and output method, which version is your OS (Vista/7/XP) and what output set in Foobar Preferences -> Output?

I use windows7 64bit. In foobar kernel streaming output.

foobar sampling rate

Reply #4
With Kernel Streaming, WASAPI and ASIO the samplerate coming out of your sound card matches the input file. Bit depth is what you have configured in the output preferences. With DirectSound sample rate is what you have set Windows mixer to use.

foobar sampling rate

Reply #5
With Kernel Streaming, WASAPI and ASIO the samplerate coming out of your sound card matches the input file. Bit depth is what you have configured in the output preferences. With DirectSound sample rate is what you have set Windows mixer to use.

In foobar preferences:advanced - decoding is tone/sweep saple rate:44.1 What is that?

foobar sampling rate

Reply #6
That is the sample rate for virtual files added using the Add Location dialog, with the URL format:

tone://frequency,seconds

or

sweep://frequency-frequency,seconds

foobar sampling rate

Reply #8
THANK YOU