IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Batch transcodes according to CBR?
lightrebellion
post Sep 22 2013, 08:56
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 110213

Hey, so I'm new here. I registered because I need some help, and Lame's SourceForge support page directed me here.

I run a website that allows members to download unlicensed video game music. We don't get many donations, so the server space and data transfers are really taking a toll on my wallet. What I'm trying to do is find all of my mp3 files that were encoded at 320cbr and trans/downcode them to 2-pass v1/v2 vbr (at best quality setting) to save server space (output is generally 190-210). I would batch re-encode my entire collection, but the problem is that more than half of my 60,000+ albums are already at v0-v1 (or at a lower cbr/vbr rate, and I definitely don't want to upcode). I've done over 500 by hand at the slowest speeds for best algorithm matching, and the quality loss is hardly noticeable. Pretty much like cutting the gristle off a steak.

How can I go about transcoding all my 320 cbr to vbr without having to search through all of my albums by hand? Any help will be greatly appreciated!
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd September 2014 - 15:37