Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: DVD to WAV (Read 6257 times) previous topic - next topic

DVD to WAV

With all the great live DVDs out there (Like Staind Unplugged, Oasis Live By The Sea, etc.), can someone recommend an EASY and good program to convert the audio from these DVDs to WAV files? I would love to listen to this music on my portable (after encoding to MP3) or in the car as a regular CD.

DVD to WAV

Reply #1
I suggest you take a look at Doom9. Specially the guides.

DVD to WAV

Reply #2
I haven't ripped DVDs in a year or two but I think that right now probably the best way to do it would be to first rip the DVD to VOBs with DVD Decrypter and then use BeSweet & BeSweet GUI to convert it to whatever format you want. Be Sweet will be able to extract the AC3s from the VOBs and convert them to .wav or whatever you want. I believe you can also use DVD Decrypter to rip only the AC3s from the start, saving you some diskspace and time. I haven't done that yet though so I don't know if it works.

Edit:

Okay I found on DSP Guru's site that he also has a program BeSure that is designed specifically for making CDs from DVDs so this might be exactly what you are looking for. You will still need DVD Decryptor in order to get the VOBs off of the DVD.
Sorry, I have nothing witty to say here.

DVD to WAV

Reply #3
I only have one DVD with music on it. The Corrs - Live At The Royal Albert Hall.

One side of the disc has audio in WAV format. I just load Smart Ripper, and tell it to demux the WAV file. Job done. Encode in format of choice. I could imagine many music DVD's has sound in WAV format.

Otherwise rip the AC3 directly, decode to WAV and encode in format of choice. Enjoy teh low quality.

DVD to WAV

Reply #4
yes that rapes quality big time... i have a rammstein dvd also, wavs sound just like, if not better than the cd. But ac3 sounded like crap, maybe dowmixing but it sucked

DVD to WAV

Reply #5
I only have one DVD with music on it. The Corrs - Live At The Royal Albert Hall.

One side of the disc has audio in WAV format. I just load Smart Ripper, and tell it to demux the WAV file. Job done. Encode in format of choice. I could imagine many music DVD's has sound in WAV format.

Otherwise rip the AC3 directly, decode to WAV and encode in format of choice. Enjoy teh low quality.

I think I saw a few where the file extension was LPCM. All I did was change the file extension to .wav and all was set.

If there is no wav file, the ac3 can easily be decoded by azid or a variety of tools available at doom9.