Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Best software for burning .cue audio CDs (Read 34768 times) previous topic - next topic

Best software for burning .cue audio CDs

Reply #25
I always run as admin. I use Win7 pro. Changing the length of the file name does not help. I still get that error.

Reply #26
I always run as admin. I use Win7 pro.

Ignorance is bliss....

Maybe it is time already that you reinstall the operating system...

Reply #27
Has anyone tried ImgBurn with noncompliant CUE sheets?

EDIT: Grammar  .
WavPack 5.7.0 -b384hx6cmv / qaac64 2.80 -V 100

Reply #28
According to our past knowledge, the best (in term of quality) software to burn audio stuff is (was ?) Padus DiscJuggler:

Audio
Support for PQ (index points and variable gap size), R-W (CD+G/Karaoke) subcodes, and on-the-fly audio stream re-synchronization.
Hybrid Multimedia Production Suite will be a platform-indipendent open source suite for advanced audio/video contents production.
Official git: https://www.forart.it/HyMPS/

Reply #29
Just a follow-up: I fixed the problem by converting the flac file into several wav files, which was easily done with foobar. I could then burn them flawlessly using CDBurnerXP. Thanks for all replies BTW.

Reply #31
Okay this is ridiculous...

foobar2000 is out as it doesn't fully support cue-sheets
EAC crashes all over me. If it doesn't crash somewhere randomly in the program, it crashes when I try to load it...
Burrrn can't find my burner at all
ImgBurn is a joke since it doesn't come with appropriate filters
CDburnerXP actually seem to work pretty well, but I'm sucpicious about it's support for non-compliant cue-sheets, or even cue-sheets with indexes, since it suggested 2 sec silence between tracks upon burning.

Who'd have thought it should be so difficult to find something that just works.... 
Can't wait for a HD-AAC encoder :P

Reply #32
EAC works just fine for me, just that as far as lossless formats are concerned, I can only feed it wave or Monkey's Audio files.  This really shouldn't be news since EAC has worked for many many people exactly as expected for over a decade now.

What I find interesting is the trouble Maggi uncovered when burning with CDBurnerXP and that the OP has seemingly overlooked it.

Reply #33
EAC has worked for me fine long time ago. However, I use CUEtools nowadays mostly, and recently when I've tried to use EAC it just didn't work as it should.

Right now i get this in my face when i try to run it:

Latest version btw., but also the same error when I try to run an older version from a portable share i use sometimes.
Can't wait for a HD-AAC encoder :P

Reply #34
Did you verify that gap information was preserved?

It has been preserved, to my ears, exactly as it should have been (in one loud passage, the current track continues into another completely seamlessly).

Reply #35
I am talking about preservation of subcode information.  It has absolutely nothing to do with gapless playback!  In fact I have no reason to think any of the programs presented aren't capable of creating copies without inserting silence between tracks, provided that the source files are aligned on frame boundaries.  If you don't care about preservation of subcode information then aside from the fact that EAC can internally compensate for writing offset and can overwrite into the lead in/out with compatible hardware as well as the apparent additional abilities DiscJuggler presented by forart.eu, all the suggestions provided are more or less on equal footing.  IOW, it should be expected that any burning program should be able to write PCM data as CDDA without loss except for a possible constant time-shift caused by your hardware.

@odyssey:
It sounds like you're having similar problems as others who are using either Vista or Win7, typically 64-bit.  I don't recall reading many specifically related to burning, but I'd be surprised to find out that it wasn't due to the same general issue.

Reply #36
[...]EAC crashes all over me. If it doesn't crash somewhere randomly in the program, it crashes when I try to load it...[...]
Doesn't happen with XP or 7 32-bit.
[...]ImgBurn is a joke since it doesn't come with appropriate filters[...]
ImgBurn is actually a very nice and free Swiss army knife for burning all sorts of discs including compilations, integrating the necessary filters needed isn't such a burden or difficult task, can anybody please advise if it's able to handle noncompliant CUE sheets properly? I never burn lossless files/images back to disc so I don't have any CD-R/RW's handy, can it be tested burning to image too?

Reply #37
IMGBURN works perfectly with noncompliant CUE sheets from my combination of EAC/REACT. I am ripping the CDs in FLAC and MP3 format and REACT saves the files in the correct folder together with the cue sheet in the flac folder  with noncompliant format and the corresponding Album Art+ Playlist.  I am working with WindowsXP SP3 32Bit and using the combination of EAC 0.99 prebata 5 with REACT 2.0 and Akkurat Mod  b.04. I tried Burrn, IMG BUrn and CDBurnerXP and they all could create a CD out of the cue sheet. Only Foobar cannot read these noncompliant cue sheets.

Reply #38
Thanks for your post.

Have you tried extracting the CUE sheet of the burned disc with EAC and comparing it to the original one?

Reply #39
ImgBurn

Reply #40
ImgBurn

How is that post supposed to help the original poster?

When I try to load the cue sheet into Imgburn I receive an error message.

Reply #41
What I find interesting is the trouble Maggi uncovered when burning with CDBurnerXP and that the OP has seemingly overlooked it.

Just to close this particular case for now, I contacted the author of CDBurnerXP and apparently, he has only limited knowledge of cue sheet support.

Thus, I don't see those non-compliant cue sheets from EAC being properly supported in CDBurnerXP anytime soon.