Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: lame bug? (Read 4290 times) previous topic - next topic

lame bug?

Hey Dibrom,

I was just encoding BT track Dreaming and noticed it sounds very different from original. Listen to it, and I am sure u will notice what sounds bad (this is especialy noticeable in the first seconds when violins starts playing).
Heres the links to sample:
http://www1.omnitel.net/fk/lame/test.pac (lpac)
http://www1.omnitel.net/fk/lame/lame391.mp3 (Lame 3.91 from mitiok, --alt-preset standard)

Thanks for your outstanding work and Happy New Year

lame bug?

Reply #1
The file is called lame391.mp3? Looks like I'm having problems to d/l it, thanks.

lame bug?

Reply #2
I don't hear anything obviously wrong with the encoded file.  Can you describe what is bad about it?

It would also be useful to report ABX results (www.pcabx.com).  Decode to the mp3 to wav using lame --decode

ff123

lame bug?

Reply #3
Neither me. What do you use to play mp3s? Maybe that's the cause of bad sounding.

lame bug?

Reply #4
Never mind, sorry to bother you.

At first I listened both .mp3 and .wav in winamp. They sounded differently. And now I did --decode with lame and listened those two wavs in winamp also. And I didn't notice differences.
Anyway, thanks for your replies.
So what could be wrong with winamp, it sounds differently on mp3s and wavs.

lame bug?

Reply #5
1. It's the EQ off?
2. Are you using any special DSP plug-in?
3. What input plugin are you using to decode mp3 files?

I hope this can help you.

lame bug?

Reply #6
which Winamp version ?
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

lame bug?

Reply #7
Assuming equalization is the problem:

In Winamp, you have to actually go into the equalization panel and turn off the eq there.  It's not good enough to just close the panel using the eq button from the main panel (that doesn't turn the eq off).  Also, it's not good enough to set the sliders to the flat position without turning the eq off.

ff123

lame bug?

Reply #8
Thanks, amp, it helped. Seems that EQ is not working on wavs. Stupid me
Maybe moderator now can delete this thread?

lame bug?

Reply #9
No problem Evalda.