Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Udf Cdrw Software (Read 3624 times) previous topic - next topic

Udf Cdrw Software

does anyone know any windows UDF writer software that isn't completely broken ?
nero incd has just happily rebooted my main box twice (winxp), as far as i can tell its terribly buggy (eg. cant rename directories on cdrw); adaptec directcd just refuses to work (probably some sort of conflict with daemontools according to what i've read).
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

Udf Cdrw Software

Reply #1
I am using directCD from easycd creator 5, and it works fine under win2k.
However, there are still minor problems: I can not change the reading speed of an udf cdrw is the disc label includes some spaces.

Udf Cdrw Software

Reply #2
I settled with VOB InstantWrite for now (from their InstantCD+DVD package). I also tried various versions of DirectCD, InCD and some standalone programs. While directCD is not that bad IMO, it tends to have a lot of compatibility problems with other applications/drivers. And InCD is just not on par yet and also have issues -- it's even unable to UDF format a plain CDR and doesn't support UDF incremental and UDF/ISO conversion. As for standalone UDF programs, they aren't as convenient and flexible for this task.
Moreover, InstantWrite doesn't conflict with any ASPI layer, just because it doesn't use one (only main application is able to switch to system ASPI). Instead it uses its own low-level ASAPI library (compatible with EAC, btw). Even though I don't use UDF that often myself, and there might be issues I haven't experienced yet, I'm quite happy with the current choice so far. So, I suggest you try it out!

BH

PS. Runs fine here on my win2K with Adaptec ASPI 4.60 , VOB ASAPI, VSO Patin-Couffin engine, and Nero ASPI and Jukka Poikolainen ASPI layers installed at the same time!  B)

Udf Cdrw Software

Reply #3
I hear good things for NTI Cd-Maker (http://www.nticdmaker.com/). It includes FileCD, a packet-writing software. I haven't tried them though myself.

Udf Cdrw Software

Reply #4
You can't have InCD and DirectCD running at the same time on your computer for they aren't compatible. There is a bootmenu on the Nero site, in the section utilities which let you choose which to launch at startup.
You should also make sure to disable the native burning tool of XP.

Karamelo
Karamelo

"La vie est un don offert à quelques-uns pour le plaisir de tous." Amedeo Modigliani