Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_uie_lyrics3 (Read 885415 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1425
Cool plugin!

One thing, I don't really like here;
If lyrics are out of sync, because of wild scrolling or by itself, it is hard to get them in sync again.

My proposal:
If you click a line: this line jumps to the vertical middle and is used for further syncing means is the NOW the correct line (regardless, what the file coded sync info says).

No problem, if you click and drag: scrolling is done as usual.

This would get a quick help, when having badly synced lyrics or when you just have messed up the syncing by wild scrolling...

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1426
For anyone having the CPU-spikes-while-changing-songs problem, you may want to try changing the first online lyrics database. The villains here seem to be any database that's inaccessible or offline, the usual suspects being Timestamped 3, Timestamped 1 and lyrics.mirkforce.net. So, you may try moving these to the bottom of the stack or simply moving them to the "Available sources" panel; while you're doing this, you may want to move Timestamped 2 too, so you don't get an error message instead of proper lyrics.

So the "Search Order" might look like:

· Local File search
· Tag Search
· Associations search
· lrc123.com
· Timestamped 3

But not like:

· Local File search
· Tag Search
· Associations search
· Timestamped 3
· lrc123.com

How can you tell if Timestamped 1/3 is offline? The plugin sadly fails to provide any way to test the databases or to show what happens while searching.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1427
How can you tell if Timestamped 1/3 is offline? The plugin sadly fails to provide any way to test the databases or to show what happens while searching.

- lack of results from previously best sources might be a clue
- trial and error when removing them doesn't change anything
- timestamped 1,2 etc. are just code names (I think) for some lyrics sites and someone might know if they're down or downloading impossible?

I understand what you expect but you can't blame a plug-in for disappearing sources. In a perfect world lyrics plug-in would be connected with a source and uploading possible. There are almost no .lrc lyrics at the moment :-( and I'm pretty sure most of them could be found on LSP users' disks.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1428
Would it be possible to make this plugin display the lyrics already available locally (tag or file) first and then search for synced versions online (overwriting, if necessary)? It kills me to have to wait half a minute "searching" only to have it resort to the unsynced version I put there myself.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1429
@elenhil
Ctrl+P --> Tools --> Lyric Show3/Lyrics Searching tab
Select "Tag search" in the "Search order" box and hit the "Up" button to move it to the top.
Then do the same with "Local File search" to move it on top or on second place.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1430
@elenhil
Select "Tag search" in the "Search order" box and hit the "Up" button to move it to the top.

Already did. It still displays "searching" until it tried every last one of them, and then resorts to tags.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1431
@elenhil

Already did. It still displays "searching" until it tried every last one of them, and then resorts to tags.

hello... i have similar problem. on the lyric saving tab, save method i chose save to the config. folder as my default save path.

however, even after i save many lyrics there, when i play songs that already have lyrics inside my config folder... it still takes the plugins ~10 seconds to show lyrics on my foobar (the foobar is on an SSD, and the songs are on a hard drive).

1) i haven't tweak lyric searching tabs at all. should i move "local file search" to the available source box above online DB to make the lyrics that has been saved shows up instantaneously?

2) if i move the lyric saving save path to "directory same as file" or "user defined directory" (where the path is not in the same drive as the foobar itself), will the local file search above still works?

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1432
@elenhil

There's no helping that it seems. Maybe if the dev decides to continue developing this plugin he'll change how this works.

You can only remove the dead and slow ones. Apart from the ones already mentioned, removing lrc123 and lyrdb speed up the process a lot.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1433
BTW is anything working outside Timestamped 2, darklyrics and lyrics.wikia.com? (And google but that's not quite a lyrics database)
Don't get any results from any other databases for any songs I tested with just now.

The lyrics finding ablility of this plugin might become non-existent in the future. Too bad there's no way to add databases manually somehow.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1434
foo_uie_lyrics3 can't find any synced lyrics. Looks like databases search templates outdated. Minilyrics finds almost all songs from my library. Maby someone with programing skill will update databases in sources of foo_uie_lyrics3? It would be excellent

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1435
I dislike how on top of every song there is an Artist: Song: header that gets saved in the metadata. I removed fallback text and it's still there. Why does this happen and how do I avoid it? Is it a thing from lyrics.wikia.com?

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1436
not working for me. cant find any lyrics. plz advise

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1437
Is there a way to make a line break? I cant seem to figure it out after googling for a bit and posting in other places. Please help if you know how!

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1440
Hi, I'm having a problem where the lyrics only show up in the Lyrics panel as a single dot (".") for FLAC files. Mp3 and M4a files show their full lyrics just fine, yet the FLAC files only show that single dot. All of my files have their lyrics saved to the LYRICS tag.

I did not have this issue before when I was using an older version of foobar2000 (I forget what version, but it had to be more than a year old), but installing this plugin on a fresh installation still results in showing that single dot for all the FLAC lyrics. I think I have the options set up correctly, and copying the lyrics to another tag (and changing the options to match) have no effect.

Any insights to help me resolve this issue would be appreciated. Thanks!

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1441
check you're using the latest version of the component.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1442
check you're using the latest version of the component.

Thanks for replying! I am currently using component version 0.4.4, which is the latest one that I can find on the foobar site. This is running on foobar2000 v.1.3.6.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1443
sorry i didn't read your post properly and completely missed that some files are working - it's just flac that is a problem. that is odd.

there was an issue when foobar 1.3 was first released because by default it blocks caching of larger tags like lyrics. you usually see a "." if the component hasn't been updated to work with foobar 1.3 or above. i know from the changelog in the first post that this component has been updated which is why i posted what i did.

i suppose you can try highlighting all your files in a library viewer or playlist and right click>properties>tools button>reload info. see if that makes any difference?

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1445
^that shouldn't make any difference because the component was updated to get around that. i tested this by adding an unsynced lyrics tag to a file. i'm using the default LargeFieldsConfig.txt where both lyrics and unsynced lyrics are on the spam list. notice how my wsh panel mod script displays a "." but the lyrics panel is fine.

the only way for my WSH script to display the full content would be to edit LargeFieldsConfig.txt.

edit: thinking about it, editing the file would force a complete library/playlist rebuild so it could have a positive effect??

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1446
As I said in the linked post, I never needed to alter LargeFieldsConfig.txt, but this issue has still cropped up a few times which is why I suggested it in case it helps. I have flacs with lyrics in tags of ~4000 characters and they show fine without altering LargeFieldsConfig.txt. "." is I believe what is expected if foobar2000 is seeing the tag as too large a field, suggesting there has been a bad caching interaction somewhere along the line. As you say changing LargeFieldsConfig.txt may force a database refresh and solve the problem if reloading info doesn't help - although wouldn't copying to another tag have caused a database/info update if done in foobar2000 anyways? It may be worth double checking the lyrics3 version in components to ensure it's not an old version in there for for some reason.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1447
i suppose you can try highlighting all your files in a library viewer or playlist and right click>properties>tools button>reload info. see if that makes any difference?

Tried this first on its own without any effect on the problem.

If the dot issue persists see here: LargeFieldsConfig.txt

Success! I moved the LYRICS and UNSYNCED LYRICS tags from the spam list to the basic list, which on its own had no effect. But when I upped the size limit for the basic fields and reloaded the tag info for all of my files (took some time with my music library size), all of my lyrics now appear correctly as far as I can see. I think that Foobar seems to start a little bit slower (I'm guessing that's why the lyrics data was labeled as 'spam' in the first place), but not too much to make much of a difference. I'm still not quite sure how it all works, but it's working.

Thanks again for all of your help!

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1448
Yeah, why does the search takes so long? And 50% of the time it finds nothing, but if I google "song name lyrics" matching options appear among the first results, even in databases that the program is set to look. Winamp's lyricsplugin takes less than one second to find lyrics...

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1449
After messing with foo_uie_lyrics3 SDK the last few days, i give up due to my poor programming skills.

So im turn it into a "Add Database" request instead.

As a Metalhead i often use lyrics because of the vocalist often scream, yell, growl etc.
Darklyrics.com have a good database, but http://www.metal-archives.com is the most complete/absolute site in metal lyrics, they have alot of the rare stuff.

So if someone have the skills: Is it possible to include http://www.metal-archives.com as a Online DB?

Example how to find lyrics on metal-archives/Metallum -  http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/DBC/D...rain_Cells/7965