Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Which mp3 plugin? (Read 41698 times) previous topic - next topic

Which mp3 plugin?

Reply #50
Or just rename competitors to something like:
in_mp3.dll.OFF
in_mad.dll.OFF
in_mp3PRO.dll.OFF
"ONLY THOSE WHO ATTEMPT THE IMPOSSIBLE WILL ACHIEVE THE ABSURD"
        - Oceania Association of Autonomous Astronauts

Which mp3 plugin?

Reply #51
Yes, Otachan's.. and I did one better and uninstalled the original mp3 plugin    OK, the no title thing goes away if I remove ID3v2 tags (which is fine)

But, essentially, with an Apev2 tagged .mp3 file and mp3infp is useless as it allows only ID3v1 and ID3v2 editing and display. I guess ape users will need to give up editing from winamp, but I noticed dbpoweramp could be used to display the Ape tag info, at least.

H

Which mp3 plugin?

Reply #52
the link above doesn't work:

http://cyberquebec.ca/harashin/cpl_english.zip

I re-downloaded your mp3infp bundle, but it doesn't seem to be updated to me. 

Oh, excuse me.

Fixed. Both of them should be available now.

hi,harashin

i can't run the soft of mp3infp.cpl_english.exe. 

pls Give me a link to download the soft of mp3infp.cpl.
It's My Life,
It's Now Or Never,
I Ain't Gonna Live Forever,
I Just Want To Live While I'm Alive.

Which mp3 plugin?

Reply #53
...It wouldn't be possible to convince the author of mp3infp to make a full english version of his program...??  (You see how poplular it's becoming at HA.)

Which mp3 plugin?

Reply #55
...It wouldn't be possible to convince the author of mp3infp to make a full english version of his program...??   (You see how poplular it's becoming at HA.)

Its author changed the base resouce into English since v2.43beta3.
You can choose a language(English, Japanese) while installing.

Which mp3 plugin?

Reply #56
hi,harashin

Hello, Hyperion.

Sorry for later reply. I didn't check mp3 threads last few days. (It's an useless excuse, I know)
My patches need explorer.exe to be closed. I forgot to mention it in readme.

Anyway, as my above post, since the official one, it's still beta though, has an English language pack,  I recommend using v2.43beta3 for English-language speakers here.

http://win32lab.com/fsw/mp3infp/

Which mp3 plugin?

Reply #57
It's a fully implemented English language pack --- every word - except for the helpfile "Japanese.chm" is translated into English (And this proggy are so selfexplanatory that a big helpfile is hardly necessary) -- including the statusbarinfo on directories (very handy!).
...So all we greedy bastards could wish for now are  ape2 tagging on mp3-files..... 
--- Thank's for pointing in the right direction, harashin!       

Which mp3 plugin?

Reply #58
Anyway, as my above post, since the official one, it's still beta though, has an English language pack,  I recommend using v2.43beta3 for English-language speakers here.

It's not beta anymore - official mp3infp Ver.2.43 (Japanese with English language pack) released:
mp3infp - Shell extension type tag editor -
Ver.2.43 for 98/Me/2000/XP
Copyright© 1998-2004 T-Matsuo (win32lab.com)

**** mp3infp is freeware ****

Overview

Tag reference / edit function is added to Explorer using
the shell extension function of Windows.

Support extension

mpeg1.0/2.0/2.5 Layer1`3 (.mp3/.mp2/.mp1/.rmp)
    -> ID3v1/v1.1/v2.2(read only)/v2.3
    -> RMP3 format RiffSIF (It is used in Japan)
TwinVQ (.vqf)
WAV (.wav)
AVI (.avi)
   -> AVI 1.0 (Video for Window)
   -> AVI 2.0 (OpenDML)
Windows Media (.wma/.wmv/.asf)
Winamp 2.xx,5.xx/Media Player playlist (.m3u)
Ogg Vorbis (.ogg)
Monkey's Audio (.ape)

---------------------------------
http://win32lab.com/

Which mp3 plugin?

Reply #59
Firstly, the mpg123 dlls were updated Feb 6 at http://www3.cypress.ne.jp/otachan/in_mpg123.html
Secondly, thanks to all who created this thread.  Direct sound output (WA 5.01) hadn't worked at all in this notebook with the old Nullsoft MP3 dll.  Though "gapless" still isn't quite seamless, playback is definitely improved and is more relaxing.

Which mp3 plugin?

Reply #60
hi,harashin

Hello, Hyperion.

Sorry for later reply. I didn't check mp3 threads last few days. (It's an useless excuse, I know)
My patches need explorer.exe to be closed. I forgot to mention it in readme.

I recommend using v2.43beta3 for English-language speakers here.

THX,harashin!

Now using v2.43
It's My Life,
It's Now Or Never,
I Ain't Gonna Live Forever,
I Just Want To Live While I'm Alive.

Which mp3 plugin?

Reply #62
Hmm. There seem to be updates to advanced title formatting....

(because of the japanese on the site) 

I wish that IDtagging would be included internally in the plugin. The solution with mp3infp will not allow you to tag the song that is currently being played.

Which mp3 plugin?

Reply #63
Update: (2004/2/17)
Appears to be mostly a bug fix.
Here is a WorldLingo translation.
Ver. 1.18y ot63
Correcting the fact that it cannot decode the data which is encoded with RealOne Player normally

http://www3.cypress.ne.jp/otachan/in_mpg123.html

The development appears to be quite active.

Which mp3 plugin?

Reply #64
Thanks for this thread, I came here originally because I wanted to find our why iTunes sounded better than WinAmp 2.91 on my P3 600 PC.
What decoder does iTunes use? Why so much CPU usuage? Can it be tweaked?.
Turns out my WinAmp was defaulted to out_wave, changing to Direct Sound made the biggest difference and then MAD and 123 made some more - cheers.

I still like the interface and Mac OSX navigation style in iTunes - except that I can't right click files or folders and play them in iTunes and the latest version doesn't toggle easily to the compact player (which I think is very well designed).
I'd use iTunes exclusively but it hogs my CPU - even just clicking an iTunes menu causes stuttering in the playback.
So I'm running foobar, 1by1, WinAmp, iTunes and even Vallen JPegger, which is good for browsing MP3s by genre, album and artist (like iTunes) but doesn't have a compact player or right-click.
Apart from being annoying, is there any downside to having multiple players installed?

Finally(if anybody still has patience), I installed mp3infp which works well in Windows Explorer and has a nice tag editor but it trashed the mp3 icons from MP3ext_V3.4b23 - can I get the icons back or does mp3infp have icons?

Which mp3 plugin?

Reply #65
I'm also curious... I'd like to see the answers to leif's questions.
Another problem is mine...
Sorry for my poor English, I'm trying to get better... ;)
"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled, was convincing the world he didn't exist."