Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Columns UI (Read 4588085 times) previous topic - next topic

Columns UI

Reply #5451
Is there a way to prevent Columns UI's Metadata Panel from losing focus while switching tabs? Everytime I switch a Tab Stack's tab, Metadata Panel loses connection to the former selected file, and I have to select the file again to see it's metadata again.

And feature request: Making "View/Columns UI/Activate Now Playing" work even when the playback is stopped. I don't really like to resume playing just to be able to jump to the "Now Playing" playlist.

Columns UI

Reply #5452
there is an item use custom active item frame in preferences - display - columns ui - colors and fonts - colors (element - columns play-list)

if it's not selected, an outline (of the whole line in play-list) consists of small dots. they irritate me a lot
any colour of an outline is also not acceptable for me (neither colour of play-list's background, nor the colour of the selected track)

i really need to get rid of any kind of outline (which appears very often, for example, after deleting of any track from list). is there any way to do it (i have 0.9.6.4) ?

does this problem have a solution ? i tolerate this idiotic outline with difficulty. musicmusic, maybe, you can answer at least something. there should be some way out

Columns UI

Reply #5453
sorry, if this has been asked before. Can I set the color for selected items in albumlist panel? It´s disabled in the Colors and Fonts section.

They cannot be changed within Columns UI, the location of the system settings that control these colours differs between OSs but they are there.

ok I see, I was just asking, because in browser panel there was this option.

another minor thing: is it possible to make the hot spot of each line to the whole width of the panel instead of just where text is? I´m asking, because I use Foobar on a touch screen and at short artist names like 'U2' it´s hard to hit the letter area

Columns UI

Reply #5454
Themed display setting doesn't really work on Windows 7:

Columns UI

Reply #5455
Request for an option (cutting artwork in playlist) :

Now:

What I'd want:

workable ?

Columns UI

Reply #5456
musicmusic: can you make Album list panel not to send items to playlist if we use "quick search key" but only to focus the branch in album list panel?
(please don't say - don't use auto-send)

Columns UI

Reply #5457
I've created an Added ( $date(%added%) ) Filter view and i want to know if it's possible to change the sort order of panel:
My recently added music appears at the end of the list and i want to invert that.

Anyone knows how can i achieve this?

thanks

Columns UI

Reply #5458
How to have the playing time of an album in NGPlaylist?

I have this in my playlist:

Artist --------------------------------
  Date -------------------------------
    Album ---------------------------- (I want to have here the playing time of the album, at the end of this line)

I am not so good in scripting language. Yes I know if I read the FAQ I could find some explanation on how to do this. But I don't have Internet at home and not much time to find this. Is this possible?

Columns UI

Reply #5459
Hi!
I'm looking for an option to lock a panel in the Columns Layout.
I mean: I have two panels in a horizontal splitter. Is there any way to lock them, so they can not be rearranged, moved or redimensionated?
Thanx in advance.

Columns UI

Reply #5460
Although "Show items with empty labels" is unticked in Filters, Name shows empty label items if $tab() is used in Field column t.e. $tab() is treated as non-empty value

Columns UI

Reply #5461
Hello all. I just recently installed Foobar2000 again, figured I'd give it another go, and installed Columns UI with the filter option enabled. I can't seem to get anything to actually appear in the filter, though. Artist, Album, and Genre all only have one line of text in their boxes, "All (0 Artists/Albums/Genres)" and when I click on it, it opens up an empty Filter Results playlist. I have my entire library of music in a playlist called Main Library, so how would I go about getting my music to show up in the filter boxes? Thanks.

Columns UI

Reply #5462
Have you told Foobar where your library is?
Not a playlist but the actual files.
Main Menu > Library > Configure

terry

Columns UI

Reply #5463
Hi!
I mean: I have two panels in a horizontal splitter. Is there any way to lock them, so they can not be rearranged, moved or redimensionated?
Thanx in advance.

Anybody?

Columns UI

Reply #5464

I have never used this function but you can try this:

Choose the layout tab in Columns UI and then the desired element.

On the right hand there should be the option "Locked".

Does this answer your question?

Robertina.
This is HA. Not the Jerry Springer Show.

Columns UI

Reply #5465
Yeah. It worked, not entirely, but it's better than it was before.
The strange is that I've already noticed this option, but I was using it from the Layout Tab (in preferences), and it obviously didn't work.
Thank you, Robertina.
ZJ

Columns UI

Reply #5466
Hi!

I use the latest fb2k 0.9.6.8 (I also tried 0.9.6.9 beta 1). Columns UI 0.3.7.8 (experimental) prevents execution of more than one masstag script with a single shortcut.

I assigned two different scripts to one shortcut on my keyboard. But only one script is executed with 0.3.7.8 (experimental) after pressing the assigned shortcut. No such problem with 0.3.7.3.

Bye

Columns UI

Reply #5468
Status-bar flickers ... (Hope someone can reproduce this) ... No such problem with 0.3.7.3

Status bar flickers on my system too (f2k v0.9.6.9 beta 1, CUI v0.3.7.8).

But till yet I  thought this would depend on the font for the status bar (Tahoma 8pt on mine).

Columns UI

Reply #5469

This is my UI at the moment, it's not much I know, but is there any way to change the colour of the grey areas? (Toolbars etc)

Also, is it possible to decide which album cover gets used for each artist? I don't want to have to split up music by albums, just choose which cover 'represents' the artist.

Columns UI

Reply #5471
...is there any way to change the colour of the grey areas? (Toolbars etc)

It's windows style, so if you have XP and change visual style, toolbars will change accordingly.
Also if you put toolbars away from main toolbar you'll have same other effect on background

Also, is it possible to decide which album cover gets used for each artist? I don't want to have to split up music by albums, just choose which cover 'represents' the artist.

Like where? In Artwork panel you can just select "Artist picture" as artwork type, which you can define in "^P > CUI > Artwork > Artist picture" or if you want artist to show up in playlist view just enter artwork string as first one in "^P > CUI > Artwork > Front cover" source (in this case you may want also to change grouping pattern "^P > CUI > Playlist view > Grouping)

Columns UI

Reply #5472
Hi!

I use the latest fb2k 0.9.6.8 (I also tried 0.9.6.9 beta 1). Columns UI 0.3.7.8 (experimental) prevents execution of more than one masstag script with a single shortcut.

I assigned two different scripts to one shortcut on my keyboard. But only one script is executed with 0.3.7.8 (experimental) after pressing the assigned shortcut. No such problem with 0.3.7.3.

Bye
I only changed to using the newer keyboard shortcuts API - I guess it behaves differently in that respect, that would be on the Core's side.

Status-bar flickers ... (Hope someone can reproduce this) ... No such problem with 0.3.7.3

But till yet I  thought this would depend on the font for the status bar (Tahoma 8pt on mine).
The new text renderer is slightly slower, I guess you are more likely to see the status bar in the state before the text is drawn. But I don't really see any significant flickering - only if I put VBR updates to some silly value. What OS are you both using? That might have something to do with it.

Columns UI

Reply #5473
I thought about this many times, but I'll post now (h07 W1n3):

I remember some post where some poster just jokes about how users got every possible idea about UI customization and "even want to change the look of tabs"!?
On first sight this thought may look convention, but just think about tabs as working elements in UI

Here are some examples (VS and Eclipse - existent in even small editors/programs and so):

[a href="http://img269.imageshack.us/i/65513593.png/" target="_blank"]

Columns UI

Reply #5474

The new text renderer is slightly slower, I guess you are more likely to see the status bar in the state before the text is drawn. But I don't really see any significant flickering - only if I put VBR updates to some silly value. What OS are you both using? That might have something to do with it.
My operation systems are Windows XP SP2/3 (I use several computers).

I use a more complex Title format script for the Status bar (update interval 1 second), sometimes the information is longer than the Status bar itself.

The flickering occurs with CBR and VBR files, the default update interval for VBR files (Preferences, Advanced, Display) is unchanged (2 seconds), but based on my script it should make no difference.

My Title format script for the Status bar:

Code: [Select]
$rgb(0,0,255)$if($strcmp($left(%path%,7),'http://'),'[- online -]  ','['drive $left(%path%,2)']  ')$rgb()
%codec%[  %codec_profile%]'  ('$info(encoding)')'
$if($stricmp(%__encoding%,lossless),'  ['$div($mul(%bitrate%,100),$mul(%__channels%,%__bitspersample%,$div(%samplerate%,1000)))'% of original]',)
$rgb(170,170,170) $char(2502)$rgb() %samplerate% Hz
[$rgb(170,170,170) $char(2502)$rgb() %bitrate% kBit/s]
$rgb(170,170,170) $char(2502)$rgb() $if2($info(mp3_stereo_mode),%channels%)
$rgb(170,170,170)  $char(1472)$rgb()  [%playback_time%][ / %playback_time_remaining%]
$rgb(132,42,0)[  '['%length%']']
[$rgb(255,0,0)    $char(9679)  RATING: %rating%$rgb()]
$rgb(255,0,0)$if(%__replaygain_album_gain%,    $char(9679)'  RG-Art: Album gain',$if(%__replaygain_track_gain%,    $char(9679)'  RG-Art: Track gain'))
[  $char(9679)'  TG:  '%replaygain_track_gain%]
[  $char(9679)'  TP:  '%replaygain_track_peak%]
[  $char(9679)'  AG:  '%replaygain_album_gain%]
[  $char(9679)'  AP:  '%replaygain_album_peak%]
[$rgb(170,170,170)  $char(1472)$rgb(0,128,128)  $meta(comment)]