Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Album List minimum width (Read 2279 times) previous topic - next topic

Album List minimum width

I was wondering whether there is any way to lower the minimum width of the album list window?  I like to keep it open but it takes up a lot of screen width.

I presume the current minimum width has been set in order that all the buttons at the bottom stay visible?  If there is no current way to make it narrower, perhaps this could be acheived by allowing the user to select some of these buttons to be hidden.  Personally I don't need the two playlist buttons as this functionality is available via the context menu, and I don't need the Hide button as I can use the close button on the title bar.

Album List minimum width

Reply #1
i was wonderin about that, too.

while we are at it, i got two minor (? ) feature requests for the albumlist: ability to make it save it's current state (which coloumns are opened/closed) and an option to make it auto open on foobar restart.

regards; ilkedirt

Album List minimum width

Reply #2
I agree, with a 1024x768 screen resolution it is far too wide to keep open (I usually put the right half of it outside the screen). A while back I compiled a version for myself where I removed some of the buttons to decrease width. That worked out pretty well, as most of the displayed info only use about half the minimum width in my case.

IMHO the album list could do with a makeover. I was thinking of making a thread some day, with some ideas that I think could improve it as I see it as a powerful plugin that is currently not utilized to its full extent. The drawback is that someone would have to code it as I can't do it myself...

Album List minimum width

Reply #3
I guess coding user-selected buttons could be a little complicated.  Perhaps simpler would be to just allow the button bar at the bottom of the album list to be toggled on or off.  The only functionality that would be lost if it was hidden would be Refresh which could perhaps be added to the album list context menu.

Album List minimum width

Reply #4
IMHO the album list could do with a makeover. I was thinking of making a thread some day, with some ideas that I think could improve it as I see it as a powerful plugin that is currently not utilized to its full extent. The drawback is that someone would have to code it as I can't do it myself...

You read my mind.  I have several ideas that could be implemented, but I have the same problem as you... no programming ability.

If you start the thread though, I'd be happy to contribute.