Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: FLAC-Playback using Cuesheet Index Points ... (Read 3083 times) previous topic - next topic

FLAC-Playback using Cuesheet Index Points ...

hi,

anybody thinking about a flac-playback plugin for winamp/implementation for foobar2k which allows usage of index points as defined in a (previously imported cue-sheet), now that flac has that fabulous "CUESHEET"-block? mp3cue sucks and has some serious flaws in it ...

bye

Reply #1
in what way do you want to use these indexes?
I think about implementing access to individual tracks.

Reply #2
I think about implementing access to individual tracks.

that's exactly what i'm talking about. if you have one big wave-file (-> flac) representing the cd-image and one cuesheet, it should be possible to select each track individually and directly. there is a tool from guerillasoft called mp3cue which does exactly that, but it needs an external cuesheet to process, and this is an unnecessarily extensive approach, since flac stores the cuesheet data inside...

would you realize this seeking ability in a separate plugin (winamp) or just for the decoding process on command-line?

Reply #3
would you realize this seeking ability in a separate plugin (winamp) or just for the decoding process on command-line?

I'll add it to the winamp2 flac plugin