Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: playlist gets replaced by file being opened from folder (Read 1034 times) previous topic - next topic

playlist gets replaced by file being opened from folder

When I accidentally double click on a music file, what ever the last playlist I used was, gets Rewritten to Only have the new file I just accidentally double clicked on. I have 2 Radio Playlists that are now gone. No radio file links. I had to switch my default player back to WMP so I don't lose anymore playlists.

Thanks!  And no, I can't personally do any troubleshooting stuff, but if you post here, my sister can figure it out. I'm too distraught to think clearly.

Player: Did update to latest foobar2000 version today After I lost another playlist content.
This bug still exists. I just tested it. (

I am on Windows 7. Thanks again!

Reply #1
Where are you double clicking on a file to play. Once of the various library viewers, windows explorer or ?

If you are clicking using windows explorer than set your shell integration to avoid the issue altogether.
Preferences>Playback>shell integration>Tick Always send files to playlist [name whatever you like] Other playlists will be untouched.

No bug.

Reply #2
File > Preferences > Shell Integration
Always send new files to ...
Enqueue as the default

Ctrl+Z (standard undo shortcut) will within a session undo changes.
foo_jesus backs up stuff - so look into that.

C.

Ah, a little late!
PC = TAK + LossyWAV  ::  Portable = Opus (130)