Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: FooNight FooDay (Read 160917 times) previous topic - next topic

FooNight FooDay

Reply #100

@magn3tik

Columns UI isn't in the components folder because qwertz didn't include it in his release. You have to download it yourself.

To fix the album art displaying 1 song too late, first download the newest version of WSH Mod, put it in your components folder, then open foobar with the foonight config loaded, right click on the cover art, go to splitter settings, click the behaviour tab, and check the box that says "psuedo transparent." It appears to be a glitch with WSH Mod, but doing this is a temporary fix.

FooNight FooDay

Reply #101
@shiphtfour

There is also a rectangle under Cover Art + Background. It's best to search scripts in an external editor, you're bound to overlook things otherwise. Apart from text color, you have to change every color in Field Definition. And don't forget that there also is a rectangle in the PSS, that contains ELP.

You have to adapt
$puts(l.panel.button.top,10)
$puts(l.panel.text.top,11)

Well, I didn't try it lately, but $gradientrect(), with or without transparency, always worked for me.

FooNight FooDay

Reply #102
Hi
I just want to say that your config is really cool. Also I have one question, Why did you dropped Fooday? It does look really cool too! It woul be nice to have them both.

FooNight FooDay

Reply #104
Hi
I just want to say that your config is really cool. Also I have one question, Why did you dropped Fooday? It does look really cool too! It woul be nice to have them both.

You can still get Fooday. Its right here:

http://qwasio.deviantart.com/art/FooNight-FooDay-121164027

Yes indeed but the rating symbols below the album art are displayed kind of funny. I Think qwertz realize that there was an error there and dropped the confing. I want to clarify that I am not lazy, just in case you are thinking"why does this guy does not make the correction", but I do note get how to code that (I am not programmer illuminatti). One thing that I like of foonight is that qwertz was kind and clever enough to include everything you need in order that his config works with out a problem the very first time you install it.

FooNight FooDay

Reply #105
My apologies, fooday works perfect, the only thing you have to do is read the included text file and type the proper variables and their values in  foo exvar

FooNight FooDay

Reply #106
first, i'd like to say thank you for this configuration. its very clean and nice.

one question i have is in reference to the album art. I store my art in "C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\My Pictures\Album Art" and the images are saved as the title of the album. How would i modify the code "$replace(%path%,%filename_ext%,)folder.jpg" to work? sorry, im new to the coding/title formatting. thank you in advance

FooNight FooDay

Reply #107
Thanks for this skin qwerty but my problem is also album art related.

How do i modify so it reads embedded album art ie album art inside the mp3! as well as the normal stuff.

Thanks again, love the skin big time!!

FooNight FooDay

Reply #108
@Big Olmec Head

Then the path is:

'C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\My Pictures\Album Art\'%album%'.jpg'

@raven3k

You'll have to use foo_covers, as mentioned in this thread.

FooNight FooDay

Reply #109
@Big Olmec Head

Then the path is:

'C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\My Pictures\Album Art\'%album%'.jpg'

@raven3k

You'll have to use foo_covers, as mentioned in this thread.

thanks for the reply
but the foo_covers thread says this:
WARNING: It does NOT support the images embedded in the audio files.

Which is what i want to achieve with your skin.

FooNight FooDay

Reply #110
Strange, it works for me, could be of course, that PSS can handle embedded art now.

FooNight FooDay

Reply #112
Look at the code of this config, you'll have to change a few variables to adapt it for foonight, but the principle should be clear.

FooNight FooDay

Reply #113
Look at the code of this config, you'll have to change a few variables to adapt it for foonight, but the principle should be clear.

thanx will fiddle around, your work is greatly appreciated!

FooNight FooDay

Reply #114
thanks for the help regarding the album art earlier. ive decided to just transfer the files to the folder so that i can display artwork from albums which have characters that filenames wont support.

i have one more question. how would i go about changing the transparency of the ellipse on the album art?

FooNight FooDay

Reply #115
I'm not sure what you want to change, maybe post a screenshot?

FooNight FooDay

Reply #116
a couple problems.

the navigation buttons at the bottom, and the ones near the quicksearch are there, cuz i can press them, but they are not visible?  Do I have to manually attach images?

there was some other stuff, but i cant remember right now.

FooNight FooDay

Reply #118
@kelkor

You will have to install foo_covers. Set %path% as the cover path in PSS (%el_group_first_path% in ELP). Then search PSS for the $drawimage() lines, that include $get_ps_global(cover.path), replace

nokeepaspect
with
artreader_front nokeepaspect

IN ELP, search for the $imageabs() lines that include $get(e.cover), replace

nokeepaspect
with
artreader_front nokeepaspect

I assume i just misunderstood how to enter the script, it is not working for me.  My album art was embeded into the ID3 tags using itunes. default foobar art reader can read them.  anyways (i installed foo_covers .04)
My current script:
//------------Cover Art

$if(%ps_isplaying%
      $if($stricmp('FOO_LASTFM',$left(%path%,cover path)) (did i do this right? what exactly is the cover path?)
      $drawimage($get_ps_global(cover.left),$get_ps_global(cover.top),$get_ps_global(cover.size),$get_ps_global(cover.size),%path%,artreader,nokeepaspect,)
      $drawimage($get_ps_global(cover.left),$get_ps_global(cover.top),$get_ps_global(cover.size),$get_ps_global(cover.size),$get_ps_global(image.path)'\cover\case2.png',nokeepaspect,,)
      $drawimage($get_ps_global(cover.left),$get_ps_global(cover.top),$get_ps_global(cover.size),$get_ps_global(cover.size),$get_ps_global(image.path)'\cover\nocover.png',nokeepaspect,,)
      $drawimage($get_ps_global(cover.left),$get_ps_global(cover.top),$get_ps_global(cover.size),$get_ps_global(cover.size),$get_ps_global(cover.path),artreader_front nokeepaspect,,)

$drawimage($get_ps_global(cover.left),$get_ps_global(cover.top),$get_ps_global(cover.size),$get_ps_global(cover.size),$get_ps_global(image.path)'\cover\case2.png',nokeepaspect,,)
      )
$drawimage($get_ps_global(cover.left),$get_ps_global(cover.top),$get_ps_global(cover.size),$get_ps_global(cover.size),$get_ps_global(image.path)'\cover\nocover.png',nokeepaspect,,)
)

EL:
//------------ Cover Art + Background

$enabledraw(1)
$setworldtransform(2)
$puts(art.top,2)
$puts(art.left,%ART.MARGIN%)
$puts(e.cover,%__ART.COVER__%)

$drawrect(,$mul(%el_item_count%,%el_row_height%),,,$get(bg.color),$get(bg.color),)

$if($strcmp($left(%path%,7),'http://')
   $puts(e.cover,$get(image.path)'/cover/radio.png')
)
$if($findfile($get(e.cover)),
   $puts(e.cover,$get(image.path)'/cover/nocover.png')
)

//$puts(e.cover,$findfile($get(e.cover)))

$ifequal(%ON.ART.IN.LIST%,1
     $if($stricmp('FOO_LASTFM',$left(%el_group_first_path%,10)) (enter here?)
   $imageabs($get(art.left),$get(art.top),$get(art.size),$get(art.size),%path%,artreader,nokeepaspect,)
   $imageabs($get(art.left),$get(art.top),$get(art.size),$get(art.size),$get(image.path)'\cover\case2.png',nokeepaspect,)
                $imageabs($get(art.left),$get(art.top),$get(art.size),$get(art.size),$get(e.cover),artreader_front nokeepaspect,)
   $imageabs($get(art.left),$get(art.top),$get(art.size),$get(art.size),$get(image.path)'\cover\case2.png',nokeepaspect,)
   )

what did i do wrong?

additionally:
I cant solve the problem with the ratings script error.  I redownloaded the latest stable foobar, columns UI, and the foonight archive. the script error wont go away 

my ratings script:
//------------Rating

$if(%ps_isplaying%
$showpanel_c(Rating,1)
$movepanel_c(Rating,$div($sub($get_ps_global(l.panel.w),120),2),$add($get_ps_global(cover.size),$el_scale(30,$get_ps_global(cover.size)),14),120,24)
$showpanel_c(Rating,0)
$movepanel_c(Rating,0,0,0,0)
)

Finally:  I still cant see any of the playback buttons.  i am a lil frustrated, but this skin is such rape i wanna make it work.

FooNight FooDay

Reply #119
sorry if this has been already asked, but can somebody explain the functions of the icon bar in the utilities panel? some functions didn't get mapped and I want to rectify that. Thanks!

FooNight FooDay

Reply #120
@raven3k
Replace case2.png in the images directory.

@katzy687
For Last.fm you don't have to change anything, for the rest see Post #113

@nopants
Those are custom scripts, for Masstagger, Converter, etc. The buttons are the usual CUI buttons, so they are easily customizable via Preferences -> Layout or Right Click -> Splitter Settings -> Name of the button bar

FooNight FooDay

Reply #121
Small (final) update:

- Fixed the issue with delayed cover display
- Since you should always use the latest components I removed them from the pack.

Needed components:
foo_exvar.dll link
foo_ui_columns.dll
foo_uie_biography.dll
foo_uie_elplaylist.dll
foo_uie_library_tree.dll
foo_uie_lyrics.dll
foo_uie_panel_splitter.dll
foo_uie_quicksearch.dll
foo_uie_textbox.dll link
foo_uie_vis_channel_spectrum.dll
foo_uie_wsh_panel_mod.dll

A good list for components:
link

FooNight FooDay

Reply #122
@raven3k
Replace case2.png in the images directory.

@katzy687
For Last.fm you don't have to change anything, for the rest see Post #113

@nopants
Those are custom scripts, for Masstagger, Converter, etc. The buttons are the usual CUI buttons, so they are easily customizable via Preferences -> Layout or Right Click -> Splitter Settings -> Name of the button bar

I am bit lost? Still having no luck working this thing.

FooNight FooDay

Reply #123
Small (final) update:

- Fixed the issue with delayed cover display
- Since you should always use the latest components I removed them from the pack.

Needed components:
foo_exvar.dll link
foo_ui_columns.dll
foo_uie_biography.dll
foo_uie_elplaylist.dll
foo_uie_library_tree.dll
foo_uie_lyrics.dll
foo_uie_panel_splitter.dll
foo_uie_quicksearch.dll
foo_uie_textbox.dll link
foo_uie_vis_channel_spectrum.dll
foo_uie_wsh_panel_mod.dll

A good list for components:
link

And where can I find this update?

FooNight FooDay

Reply #124
I noticed in the readme it says:
Included in the pack is foorun_nightday.xml, DO NOT IMPORT IT INTO FOOBAR, it will overwrite your settings. Instead open it with notepad and import the settings manually.

where do i go to import the settings manually?