Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: CD Balance and Ripping (Read 2163 times) previous topic - next topic

CD Balance and Ripping

I have one cd that gives me a hard time ripping because I believe it is not balanced very well. And I'm not talking about L-R balance either. Weight balance. This happens in both MJ-MC and EAC.

CD is: Godsmack - Godsmack. Problem I've had is at fast disc speeds during a rip it will actually shake the crap out of the cd drive. I've found a way to get around this with EAC. Insert disc, uncheck spin up drive from drive options. I also let the drive slow down before even attempting to rip, and go from there. In other words, leave EAC idle until the drive slows down from inserting the disc. I have another one, but forget what it is at the moment.

Have any of you had a problem like this? And how did you get around it?

Funny thing about this cd is it plays just fine on the stereo with no ill effects whatsoever.

CD Balance and Ripping

Reply #1
Yes, i have several of these. It just scares the hell out of you when you want to make a normal rip at maximal speed, sounds like the cd-rom can explode any minute. I have one where my whole desk & computer starts to vibrate.

I just use a lower extraction speed, so that the cd doesn't have to spin so fast.