Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9 (Read 274116 times) previous topic - next topic

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #100
It is great that "Play" is now available as a context menu item!  Now it is possible to set the default action to "Play" in foosion's Database Search without the need of installing additional components (the other features of which I would not use anyway).

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #101
This comes surprising as ever since I learned columns ui I asked myself if there could be a simpler, wysiwyg configuration method. Since the script coding madness of panels ui (no rant) foobar's gone wild for a while and possibly new-comers were distracted by the complexity, foobar's main dev now responding, reining complexness and creating a nice proportion of effective user configurability and complexity... - my gratulations!

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #102
I'm missing the ability to use different patterns for sorting and displaying in a playlist. For example, I want to sort rows by track gain. On the one hand, the unmodified string cannot be used for it because it is sorted like -10.00 < -10.50 < -9.00, so a conversion is necessary. On the other hand, the converted string cannot be used for display. This was possible in Columns UI.

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #103
I read through the 5 pages so far, and I have 2 questions:

1. Will this update be okay with my current configuration and database? I don't want anything lost, overwritten, or removed if I update. Normally I wouldn't ask, but this update seems fairly large.

2. I use Panels UI as my main interface. Does this new build of foobar add anything to that? Like, are there any new panels I can add into my config? I like the new playlist and the spectrum analyzer. Can those be added into a Panels UI interface?

I mainly want to make sure this update wont harm my current install.

Thank you .
Song List: keikoniumboards.ke.funpic.org/files/songlist.html

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #104
1. Will this update be okay with my current configuration and database? I don't want anything lost, overwritten, or removed if I update. Normally I wouldn't ask, but this update seems fairly large.

0.9.5 should be compatible with most components. However since this is a beta this hasn't been tested thoroughly and there might be some incompatibiltity with certain components. However nothing should happen to your database.

In case of doubt simply install to a different folder and make a clean install of 0.9.5 and reinstall your needed components there.

2. I use Panels UI as my main interface. Does this new build of foobar add anything to that? Like, are there any new panels I can add into my config? I like the new playlist and the spectrum analyzer. Can those be added into a Panels UI interface?

No this version will not add anything to Panels UI since Panels UI is an interface designed by a third party and has nothing to do with the main fb2k development team. It uses elements from cloumns UI wich are not compatible with the new default UI. You can not use the playlist and the spectrum analizer to panels UI.

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #105

Normally, nothing should be lost except of the things mentioned in the upgrade notes. If you want to be absolutely safe however, just make a copy of the entire foobar folder and its configuration-file (depending on your settings, this file will be in the foobar folder, or somewhere in your windows profile folder).

PanelsUI is a 3rd party component - it is unrelated to the official components of foobar2000 and the new default UI. Panels UI is an entirely different UI than the new Default UI mentioned in the releasenotes and there is no interoperability.

- Lyx
I am arrogant and I can afford it because I deliver.

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #106
Thank you very much for your replies picmixer and Lyx. I shall make a backup, and install the new version .
Song List: keikoniumboards.ke.funpic.org/files/songlist.html

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #107
Thanks for clearing things up picmixer, I know you guys are all really good people so there was never a doubt that that there were bad intentions or anything like that. I just wanted to know/confirm that musicmusic had a means of keeping up with the latest dev info.

Loving the latest version - keep em coming

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #108
Is there a way to remove the "number of sub-items" thing from the Album List?

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #109
I've noticed that highlighting a track in the playlist (using facets) and right-clicking and selecting "tag in tagger window" does nothing. Has this feature not been implemented yet?

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #110
I love the new features, keep up the great work!

I only have one request, and its regarding the playlist view...would it be possible to have playlist specific groupings?  The only reason I ask is because it would be nice to have one grouping for albums and one for singles!

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #111
I've noticed that highlighting a track in the playlist (using facets) and right-clicking and selecting "tag in tagger window" does nothing. Has this feature not been implemented yet?

I have never seen this "Tag in tagger window" command before. I think it must be from some third-party component you have installed.

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #112
after playng around a little,  just a word:

WOW!

Thanks for all your work! You guys are reading my mind? All the new/different functions I've found are exactly what I was hoping...

And now, some notes.

A little visual glicht:
preferences/display/default user interface/colors and fonts : the fonts section is not aligned (win xp sp2 here, with noting special installed)

and: still no plan for different language support?

Thanks again!

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #113
No, still no plans for different language support and as stated many times before this will most likely never happen.

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #114
It looks like it's impossible to delete a splitter without delete several (or all) UI elements.

Well, what would you expect to happen when you delete a container with several (more than one) elements in it?

I think Franck's screenshot should be expressive (I wanted to delete an empty container):
It looks like it's impossible to delete a splitter without delete several (or all) UI elements.

Cut the UI Element which you would like to keep, and paste it over the splitter.

Screenshots: 1, 2, 3, 4

Thanks.

Besides, how have you got this background graduation for the playlist ?
In future development (since interface looks like in todo list), would it be possible to have a "font service" plugin, I mean fonts which could be used by others plugins. This font service would allow others plugins to use effects like shadow, etc. I suppose I dream, but why not transparency, etc. 

Edit: why changing icons ? I suppose it's because of the change and I will get used to, but for now, I rue old icons.

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #115

I have never seen this "Tag in tagger window" command before. I think it must be from some third-party component you have installed.

It comes with newer versions of cwb_hooks.

The "tagger window" is a panel, so it will not work w/ the default ui.

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #116
What about adding "Previous" and "Next" in the Properties dialog?

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #117
What about adding "Previous" and "Next" in the Properties dialog?

What about naming your motives for a proposal?

You can for example open the Properties dialog for multiple files, double-click on the field you would like to edit, and enter all values at once.

Screenshot

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #118
I don't know if this is the right place to ask, but here it goes anyway.

Is it possible to add an option for the columns to auto scale when the window is resized? If there is such an option I haven't seen it.

I'll admit upfront that it is not such a big deal since I usually set the window size and leave it like that almost forever,  but I just thought it was a nice feature of ColumnsUI.

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #119
Frank Bicking sorry, I didn't know about this feature.

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #120
What does the Clean Up command in the properties Dialog do?

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #122
I got an error when I tried to convert a file to FLAC,
I'm using FLAC 1.2.1b

"Error writing to file (管道正關閉中。  ) : file://G:\Converted\01.flac"
I really don't know what it means.

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #123
Don't know if it's been mentioned, I apologize for being redundant if it has, but renaming file with the new utils component, deletes the play_count statistics.

Great new interface, btw, definitly a step in the right direction! Keep up the stellar work, guys!

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #124
Don't know if it's been mentioned, I apologize for being redundant if it has, but renaming file with the new utils component, deletes the play_count statistics.

Great new interface, btw, definitly a step in the right direction! Keep up the stellar work, guys!

Not if you use the recently released official foo_playcount 2.0.