Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: MAREO 4 Released! (Read 124327 times) previous topic - next topic

MAREO 4 Released!

Reply #25

Wow, madxcream, you really should reformat your post!
You probably didn't noticed, but it is so wide that it is practically unreadable... 

Cheers! 

Sergio

really? How to reformat a copy and paste job?

By clicking the edit button and then manually splitting the longest offending lines? I don't know if with your browser you have the same effect, but with mine (IE 6.0 under Windows XP SP2) I have to scroll all the way right even for reading your text, because the long lines inside the CODEBOX makes the post to be sized to their width but also everything outside the box is justified to that width.
Sergio
M-Audio Delta AP + Revox B150 + (JBL 4301B | Sennheiser Amperior | Sennheiser HD598)

MAREO 4 Released!

Reply #26

need a little help here. Trying to do my rips another way and can't seem to get the executeif going right. The seperate "sections" aren't getting executed right. When the executif is true, it's executing a previous section. LIke the "write other entries" turns out to be true, but then it executes the "write first entries" instead. Then "finish up" turns out to be true, but it executes "write other entries". It's lagging behind and I can't seem to figure out why. Thanks for any help.

sorry, i see the log is fine ... can you comment on the problems, on the log?

look at this:
Code: [Select]
*** PROCESSING ENCODER ORDER # 4 ***

Execute If         = TRUE

NEW EXTENSION      = mp3

TEMPORAL Full Name = C:\tempdump\10 - Oceans From the Rain.mp3
TEMPORAL Path Only = C:\tempdump
TEMPORAL Name Only = 10 - Oceans From the Rain

RENAME Final File  = FALSE

FINAL Full Name    = D:\Music\MP3\Seventh Day Slumber\Once Upon a Shattered Life (2005)\10 - Oceans From the Rain.mp3
FINAL Path Only    = D:\Music\MP3\Seventh Day Slumber\Once Upon a Shattered Life (2005)
FINAL Name Only    = 10 - Oceans From the Rain

EXECUTING: D:\mareo\files\filewrite.exe C:\flac\bin\metaflac.exe --add-replay-gain

EXECUTION: SUCCESS

The execution it is doing is actually from encoder order #3 not #4. It should be executing this: D:\mareo\files\filewrite.exe "D:\Music\Flac\[ARTIST]\[ALBUM] ([YEAR])\[TRACKPADDED] - [TITLE].flac"

and also the next step

*** PROCESSING ENCODER ORDER # 5 ***

Execute If         = 10 = 10

NEW EXTENSION      = mp3

TEMPORAL Full Name = C:\tempdump\10 - Oceans From the Rain.mp3
TEMPORAL Path Only = C:\tempdump
TEMPORAL Name Only = 10 - Oceans From the Rain

RENAME Final File  = FALSE

FINAL Full Name    = D:\Music\MP3\Seventh Day Slumber\Once Upon a Shattered Life (2005)\10 - Oceans From the Rain.mp3
FINAL Path Only    = D:\Music\MP3\Seventh Day Slumber\Once Upon a Shattered Life (2005)
FINAL Name Only    = 10 - Oceans From the Rain

EXECUTEIF = "10 = 10" ... Evaluating ... TRUE

EXECUTING: D:\mareo\files\filewrite.exe "D:\Music\Flac\Seventh Day Slumber\Once Upon a Shattered Life (2005)\10 - Oceans From the Rain.flac"

this execution should be:
D:\mareo\files\flacbatch.exe " "

hope you understand.

MaDx

MAREO 4 Released!

Reply #27

Wow, madxcream, you really should reformat your post!
You probably didn't noticed, but it is so wide that it is practically unreadable... 

Cheers! 

Sergio

really? How to reformat a copy and paste job?

By clicking the edit button and then manually splitting the longest offending lines? I don't know if with your browser you have the same effect, but with mine (IE 6.0 under Windows XP SP2) I have to scroll all the way right even for reading your text, because the long lines inside the CODEBOX makes the post to be sized to their width but also everything outside the box is justified to that width.

well I use firefox and when I use codebox the box has it's own sliders itself, it doesn't make the whole page that wide, just the codebox has sliders, so not sure why IE displays that way. I've seen other posts on here the same as mine.

MAREO 4 Released!

Reply #28
; Write first entry
EXECUTEIF = [TRACK] = 1
FINALPATH = D:\Music\MP3\[ARTIST]\[ALBUM] ([YEAR])\
FINALNAME = [TRACKPADDED] - [TITLE]
EXTENSION = mp3
ENCODEREXE = D:\mareo\files\filewrite.exe
PARAMETERS = C:\flac\bin\metaflac.exe --add-replay-gain
RENAME = FALSE

; Write other entries
EXECUTEIF = TRUE
EXTENSION = mp3
PARAMETERS = "D:\Music\Flac\[ARTIST]\[ALBUM] ([YEAR])\[TRACKPADDED] - [TITLE].flac"
RENAME = FALSE

; Finishup
EXECUTEIF = [TRACK] = [2]
EXTENSION = mp3
ENCODEREXE = D:\mareo\files\flacbatch.exe
PARAMETERS = " "
RENAME = FALSE

can you tell me what are you trying to do?

MAREO 4 Released!

Reply #29

; Write first entry
EXECUTEIF = [TRACK] = 1
EXTENSION = mp3
RENAME = FALSE

; Write other entries
EXECUTEIF = TRUE
EXTENSION = mp3
PARAMETERS = "D:\Music\Flac\[ARTIST]\[ALBUM] ([YEAR])\[TRACKPADDED] - [TITLE].flac"
RENAME = FALSE

; Finishup
EXTENSION = mp3
ENCODEREXE = D:\mareo\files\flacbatch.exe
PARAMETERS = " "
RENAME = FALSE

can you tell me what are you trying to do?

well basically I'm writing a script that will be run at the end to add replaygain to all the flac files. I tried running metaflac with wildcards, but didn't work for me.

Have you seen any kind of error in my INI file that is screwing up mareo?

MAREO 4 Released!

Reply #30
; Write first entry
EXECUTEIF = [TRACK] = 1

; Write other entries
EXECUTEIF = TRUE

; Finishup

what i interpret you are trying to do, is, do something if it is the first file, do something else allways, and do something if the track is the last one?

MAREO 4 Released!

Reply #31

; Write first entry
EXECUTEIF = [TRACK] = 1

; Write other entries
EXECUTEIF = TRUE

; Finishup

what i interpret you are trying to do, is, do something if it is the first file, do something else allways, and do something if the track is the last one?

yes, exactly right!!

MAREO 4 Released!

Reply #33
try MAREO 4.0.2 http://www.webearce.com.ar/mareo402.rar

it has a new placeholder [NOTHING], that you can use to pass nothing to the encoder (PARAMETERS = [NOTHING]

Also, if it founds an unrecognized action line, it tells you so.

yes, exactly right!!

and you are using EAC? whats the command line?

Just tried and it's doing the same thing. I'm wondering if it could be because it's trying to call the same exe file in these two right after each other?

; ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
; Write first entry
; ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EXECUTEIF = [TRACK] = 1
EXTENSION = mp3
RENAME = FALSE

; Write other entries
EXECUTEIF = TRUE
EXTENSION = mp3
RENAME = FALSE

I am gonna try and copy and rename the exe so I have two different files being run to see and let you know in a second.

No that didn't work either. I'm puzzled 

MAREO 4 Released!

Reply #34
try http://www.webearce.com.ar/mareo403.rar i think i found something.

and last, please, when pasting the INI, shorten the ----------------------------------

MAREO 4 Released!

Reply #35
try http://www.webearce.com.ar/mareo403.rar i think i found something.

and last, please, when pasting the INI, shorten the ----------------------------------

That solved it kwanbis. Sorry for the --------------, that's just the default length in your INI file. I'll shorten them up next time.

Thanks alot!!!

PS and what resolution do you guys run on your desktop? I guess I don't notice much cuz I run mine at 1280 x 960

MAREO 4 Released!

Reply #36
OK then, so MAREO 4.0.3 is oficially realeased. It fixes a problem involving the renaming of files.

MAREO 4 Released!

Reply #37
PS and what resolution do you guys run on your desktop? I guess I don't notice much cuz I run mine at 1280 x 960

1280x1024 on a 20" monitor

And, really, your post is the first one I see to behave that way in Hydrogenaudio. I can't figure out what's wrong with it. If I try to reply to your original post quoting it, the quote is wrapped and doesn't look like your original. Sorry, I really do not want to bother you with this stupid issue: I'm just curious why it shows that way. I'm inclined to think that it could be a Power Board bug. If you are interested I can send you a snapshop of my screen with your post (actually three snapshots, because that's what it takes to fit your post).

And yes, the codeboxes have their own sliders to scroll vertically. The problem is on the horizontal dimension. The codeboxes are wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide and so is your text above them.

Sergio
Sergio
M-Audio Delta AP + Revox B150 + (JBL 4301B | Sennheiser Amperior | Sennheiser HD598)

MAREO 4 Released!

Reply #38

1280x1024 on a 20" monitor

And, really, your post is the first one I see to behave that way in Hydrogenaudio. I can't figure out what's wrong with it. If I try to reply to your original post quoting it, the quote is wrapped and doesn't look like your original. Sorry, I really do not want to bother you with this stupid issue: I'm just curious why it shows that way. I'm inclined to think that it could be a Power Board bug. If you are interested I can send you a snapshop of my screen with your post (actually three snapshots, because that's what it takes to fit your post).

And yes, the codeboxes have their own sliders to scroll vertically. The problem is on the horizontal dimension. The codeboxes are wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide and so is your text above them.

Sergio

I got the codebox from this thread here from old mareo 3:  http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....ic=42050&st=200

I see what you mean, I opened up with internet explorer 6 and doesn't show it right, not from how firefox shows it.  Even the thread above doesn't show right. That does not happen with firefox. I can send you a screenshot of what I see if you'd like. Let me know.

MaDx

MAREO 4 Released!

Reply #39
Hello there - let me just say that mareo is simply great!

Now, an embarassing question:

To use mp3gain with mareo the [finalpathshort] needs to be specified. See mareo.ini.
That's supposed to be the DOS 8.3 format if I recall correctly.

However, I CAN NOT REMEMBER HOW TO EXACTLY WRITE THE FOLLOWING IN 8.3 format, what to do with the spaces and how exactly to handle the "~" ... Having WinXP the old DOS (or win9x for that matter) days are long gone and cmd in win also gives me the fully written out path...  So there's no where to copy from.

This is the path:

F:\Eigene Dateien\Eigene Musik\test mareo\lame

Could someone pleas be so kind? Shame on me! 

MAREO 4 Released!

Reply #40
To use mp3gain with mareo the [finalpathshort] needs to be specified. See mareo.ini.
That's supposed to be the DOS 8.3 format if I recall correctly.

This is the path:

F:\Eigene Dateien\Eigene Musik\test mareo\lame

MAREO takes care of it ... it reads the normal (long) path, and transforms it to the short equivalent. But you only need it for MP3gain, as in the INI example.

MAREO 4 Released!

Reply #41
MAREO takes care of it ... it reads the normal (long) path, and transforms it to the short equivalent. But you only need it for MP3gain, as in the INI example.

Thanks kwanbis - still having trouble figuring it out though.  Maybe you or somebody else can have a look at my ini:

; --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
; MP3 LAME: best MP3 encoder: http://www.rarewares.org/mp3.html
; --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EXECUTEIF = TRUE
FINALPATH = F:\Eigene Dateien\Eigene Musik\test mareo\lame\[ARTIST]\[ALBUM]\
FINALNAME = [TRACKPADDED] [TITLE]
EXTENSION = mp3
ENCODEREXE = E:\Programme\eac\lame.exe
PARAMETERS = -V3 --vbr-new --ignore-tag-errors --noreplaygain --ta "[ARTIST]" --tl "[ALBUM]" --tt "[TITLE]" --tn "[TRACK]" --ty "[YEAR]" --tg "[GENRE]" "[SOURCE]" "[DESTTMP]"
RENAME = TRUE

; ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
; MP3gain: ALBUM Mode: mp3 normalizer: http://www.rarewares.org/mp3.html
; ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EXECUTEIF = [1] = [TRACK]
EXTENSION = mp3
ENCODEREXE = E:\Programme\MP3Gain\mp3gain.exe
PARAMETERS = /k /a /s r F:\Eigene Dateien\Eigene Musik\test mareo\lame\[ARTIST]\[ALBUM]\*.mp3
RENAME = FALSE

Please note that for mp3gain, in the parameters line I put in [ARTIST]\[ALBUM]\ for illustration purposes of the full path to an album, don't know if that needs to be done that way.
Before that I just had: F:\Eigene Dateien\Eigene Musik\test mareo\lame\*.mp3

Creating mp3's and wv's (wv-part not included in the above ini) works fine.

No matter which path I use I don't think mp3gain is applied. I certainly don't see any dosbox popping up for that as it does for lame or wavpack. And it should right?

Thank you for your help!!!

MAREO 4 Released!

Reply #42
EXECUTEIF = [1] = [TRACK]
EXTENSION = mp3
ENCODEREXE = E:\Programme\MP3Gain\mp3gain.exe
PARAMETERS = /k /a /s r F:\Eigene Dateien\Eigene Musik\test mareo\lame\[ARTIST]\[ALBUM]\*.mp3
RENAME = FALSE

as per the indications on the sample ini

PARAMETERS = /k /a /s r [FINALPATHSHORT]\*.mp3

MAREO 4 Released!

Reply #43
as per the indications on the sample ini

PARAMETERS = /k /a /s r [FINALPATHSHORT]\*.mp3

Now I got ya - sorry for beeing stupid - I just read "path" and "dos 8.3 naming" and totally overlooked that I don't actually have to set it myself...

Thanks for your help!

MAREO 4 Released!

Reply #44
Now I got ya - sorry for beeing stupid - I just read "path" and "dos 8.3 naming" and totally overlooked that I don't actually have to set it myself...

no problem. The idea of MAREO.INI is to have samples for most of the situations

MAREO 4 Released!

Reply #45
This is my first post on this forum so I hope I can describe my problem right. So yesterday I was ripping "Made in Japan" by Deep Purple to my hard disk. Things were going smoothly, but then, after ripping the sixth song, "Lazy", MAREO called oggenc2 to encode the file to Vorbis, and the program answered crashing itself. It never happened before with the few albums I encoded, so it was strange. At first I thought I got something wrong, and I discovered that the "Use file extension" was using ".flac" as extension. Silly me . So I changed to ".ogg" and I tried again. And the same error again.

I tested with other albums, and the same problem surfaced in the second track of the "Boy" album by U2 (the song "Twilight") and in the second track of The Doors' first album (the song called "Soul Kitchen"). I don't know if the bug is caused by MAREO, or by external factors. Anyway, here's the log generated by MAREO:

* MAREO - Multiple Applications Runner for EAC and Others *
* Copyright 2003-2006 by Kwanbis -- Under the GPL License *
* Version 4.0 --- Home Page at [url=http://www.webearce.com.ar]http://www.webearce.com.ar[/url] *
* Developed with Borland Delphi [url=http://borland.com/delphi]http://borland.com/delphi[/url] *

*** Received Command Line ***

"C:\Archivos de programa\mareo\mareo.exe" vorbis_album.ini "C:\My Music\Dtmp668(2.wav" "C:\My Music\Dtmp668(2.ogg" "Deep Purple" "Made in Japan" "Lazy" "06" 1972 "Hard Rock" 7

*** Parsed Parameters ***

INIFILE      (%1) = vorbis_album.ini
[SOURCE]      (%2) = C:\My Music\Dtmp668(2.wav
[DESTTMP]    (%3) = C:\My Music\Dtmp668(2.ogg
[ARTIST]      (%4) = Deep Purple
[ALBUM]      (%5) = Made in Japan
[TITLE]      (%6) = Lazy
[TRACK]      (%7) = 6
[TRACKPADDED]      = 06
[YEAR]        (%8) = 1972
[GENRE]      (%9) = Hard Rock
[1]          (%10) = 7

*** INI Parameters ***

Padding Zeros        = 2
LogToScreen          = TRUE
LogToFile            = TRUE
DeleteWavFile        = TRUE

*** mareoLAST.INI ***

[LASTTRACK]          =

*** PROCESSING ENCODER ORDER # 1 ***

Execute If        = TRUE

NEW EXTENSION      = ogg

TEMPORAL Full Name = C:\My Music\Dtmp668(2.ogg
TEMPORAL Path Only = C:\My Music
TEMPORAL Name Only = Dtmp668(2

RENAME Final File  = TRUE

FINAL Full Name    = C:\Mis documentos\Mi música\Deep Purple\Made in Japan\06. Deep Purple - Lazy.ogg
FINAL Path Only    = C:\Mis documentos\Mi música\Deep Purple\Made in Japan
FINAL Name Only    = 06. Deep Purple - Lazy

EXECUTING: C:\ARCHIVOS DE PROGRAMA\MAREO\Encoders\oggenc2.exe -q 6 -p 4 "C:\My Music\Dtmp668(2.wav" -o "C:\My Music\Dtmp668(2.ogg" -a "Deep Purple" -l "Made in Japan" -t "Lazy" -N "06" -d "1972" -G "Hard Rock" -c "TOOL=Exact Audio Copy 0.95 Beta 3 + MAREO 4.0 + OggEnc 2.83 (aoTuV Beta 4.51) + VorbisGain 1.01"

EXECUTION: -ERROR- (-1073741819)

DIRECTORY "C:\Mis documentos\Mi música\Deep Purple\Made in Japan" allready exists.

DELETING: C:\Mis documentos\Mi música\Deep Purple\Made in Japan\06. Deep Purple - Lazy.ogg ... SUCCESS

RENAMING: C:\My Music\Dtmp668(2.ogg =] C:\Mis documentos\Mi música\Deep Purple\Made in Japan\06. Deep Purple - Lazy.ogg ... SUCCESS

*** PROCESSING ENCODER ORDER # 2 ***

Execute If        = 6 = 7

NEW EXTENSION      = ogg

RENAME Final File  = FALSE

FINAL Full Name    = C:\Mis documentos\Mi música\Deep Purple\Made in Japan\06. Deep Purple - Lazy.ogg

EXECUTEIF = "6 = 7" ... Evaluating ... FALSE

*** PROCESSING ENCODER ORDER # 3 ***

NEW EXTENSION      = ogg

*** PROCESSING ENCODER ORDER # 4 ***

NEW EXTENSION      = ogg

*** PROCESSING ENCODER ORDER # 5 ***

NEW EXTENSION      = ogg

FINAL Full Name    = C:\Mis documentos\Mi música\Deep Purple\Made in Japan\Deep Purple - Made in Japan.ogg
FINAL Name Only    = Deep Purple - Made in Japan

*** PROCESSING ENCODER ORDER # 6 ***

NEW EXTENSION      = m3u

TEMPORAL Full Name = C:\My Music\Dtmp668(2.m3u

FINAL Full Name    = C:\Mis documentos\Mi música\Deep Purple\Made in Japan\Deep Purple - Made in Japan.m3u

*** PROCESSING ENCODER ORDER # 7 ***

NEW EXTENSION      = m3u

FINAL Full Name    = C:\Mis documentos\Mi música\Deep Purple\Made in Japan\Deep Purple - Made in Japan.m3u

*** PROCESSING ENCODER ORDER # 8 ***

NEW EXTENSION      = m3u

*** PROCESSING ENCODER ORDER # 9 ***

NEW EXTENSION      = m3u

*** Encoder Orders Ends ***

DeleteWaveFile is TRUE.

DELETING: C:\My Music\Dtmp668(2.wav ... SUCCESS

+++ DONE +++

1 errors ocurred. Press any key to end.
And these are the settings used to encode the album:

; ****************************************************************************************************
; *********** MAREO: Multiple Applications Runner for EAC and Others - by Kwanbis - Open Source GPL Licensed ***********
; ****************************************************************************************************
; ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
;  [PLACEHOLDER]      VALUE
; ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
;  [SOURCE]          Temporal source FULL file name, command line arameter #2 passed by the ripper to MAREO
;  [DESTTMP]          Temporal destination FULL file name, command line arameter #3 passed by the ripper to MAREO
;  [ARTIST]          CD Artist Name, command line arameter #4 passed by the ripper to MAREO
;  [ALBUM]            CD Name, command line arameter #5 passed by the ripper to MAREO
;  [TITLE]            Track (song) Name, command line arameter #6 passed by the ripper to MAREO
;  [TRACK]            Track (song) Number, command line arameter #7 passed by the ripper to MAREO
;  [TRACKPADDED]      [TRACK] padded with PaddingZeros.
;  [YEAR]            Year of the CD release, command line arameter #8 passed by the ripper to MAREO
;  [GENRE]            CD's Music Genre, command line arameter #9 passed by the ripper to MAREO
;  [1] .. [N]        Any parameter passed by the ripper to MAREO, after the genre.
;  [OWNPATH]          Full path to MAREO, without the the ending backslash, example: c:\encoders
;  [EXTENSION]        File extension without the dot (ex: MP3), as specified to MAREO on the INI as EXTENSION = XXX
;  [DESTTMPPATH]      Destination temporal PATH as passed to MAREO by the ripper (in dest).
;  [DESTTMPNAME]      Destination temporal NAME as passed to MAREO by the ripper (in dest), with no extension.
;  [DESTTMPFULLNAME]  Destination temporal full name: desttmppath+desttmpname+extension.
;  [FINALPATH]        Destination final PATH as specified to MAREO on the INI, as PATH.
;  [FINALPATHSHORT]  DOS/8.3/"no spaces" version of [FINALPATH]. Is required because mp3gain does not works with paths with spaces.
;  [FINALNAME]        Destination final NAME as specified to MAREO on the INI, as FILENAME, with no extension.
;  [FINALFULLNAME]    Destination final FINALPATH+FINALNAME+extension.
;  [APPDATA]          File system directory that serves as a common repository for application-specific data.
;  [CDBURN_AREA]      File system directory acting as a staging area for files waiting to be written to CD.
;  [COMMON_MUSIC]    File system directory that serves as a repository for music files common to all users.
;  [DESKTOP]          Virtual folder representing the Windows desktop, the root of the namespace.
;  [DESKTOPDIRECTORY] File system directory used to physically store file objects on the desktop (not to be confused with the desktop folder itself).
;  [LOCAL_APPDATA]    File system directory that serves as a data repository for local (nonroaming) applications.
;  [MYDOCUMENTS]      Virtual folder representing the My Documents desktop item.
;  [MYMUSIC]          File system directory that serves as a common repository for music files.
;  [MYPICTURES]      File system directory that serves as a common repository for image files.
;  [MYVIDEO]          File system directory that serves as a common repository for video files.
;  [PERSONAL]        Virtual folder representing the My Documents desktop item.
;  [PHOTOALBUMS]      Virtual folder used to store photo albums.
;  [PLAYLISTS]        Virtual folder used to store play albums, typically username\My Music\Playlists.
;  [PROFILE]          User's profile folder.
;  [PROGRAM_FILES]    Program Files folder.
;  [PROGRAM_COMMON]  A folder for components that are shared across applications.
;  [PROGRAMS]        The file system directory that contains the user's program groups (which are themselves file system directories).
;  [SYSTEM]          Windows System folder. A typical path is C:\Windows\System32.
;  [WINDOWS]          Windows directory or SYSROOT. This corresponds to the %windir% or %SYSTEMROOT% environment variables.

; NUMBER OF ZEROS TO PAD THE TRACK NUMBER (0 to disable)
  PaddingZeros = 2

; IS MAREO REQUIRED TO LOG TO THE SCREEN?
  LogToScreen = TRUE

; IS MAREO REQUIRED TO LOG TO A TXT/LOG FILE?
  LogToFile = TRUE

; IS MAREO REQUIRED TO DELETE THE WAV FILE AFTER ENCODING (TRUE) OR THE CD RIPPER DOES (FALSE)?
  DeleteWavFile = TRUE

; EXPLANATION
; EXECUTEIF  = MAREO evaluates the formula, and if true, MAREO executes this "encoder order".
;              It could be TRUE (executes), LASTTRACK (it reads mareoLAST.txt and evaluates agains current track number,
;              or XXX = YYY, in this last case MAREO evaluates the equality, for example, [TRACK]. = [1]
;              Assuming that in [1] MAREO is getting the last track number from the ripper, and that it is for example,
;              12, and that the current track number is 4, MAREO would evaluate 4 = 12, and not execute.
;              When track number is 12, MAREO would evaluate 12 = 12, and execute.
; FINALPATH  = the path to place the encoded file, example: C:\Music\[ARTIST] - [ALBUM]
; FINALNAME  = the name of the encoded file, example: [TRACKPADDED]. [TITLE]
; EXTENSION  = the extension of the encoded file, example: mp3
; ENCODEREXE = the full file name of the encoder executable, including, if not in the same folder as MAREO, the full path (c:\encoders\lame.exe).
; PARAMETERS = the command line parameters we would normally pass to the encoder, as if we where running it from a command prompt.
; RENAME    = if TRUE, MAREO would rename as per the FINALPATH, FINALNAME and EXTENSION options.

; ====================================================================================================
=======================
; LOSSY ENCODERS
; ====================================================================================================
=======================

; OGG VORBIS: excellent and patent free encoder: [url=http://www.rarewares.org/vorbis.htm]http://www.rarewares.org/vorbis.htm[/url]
  EXECUTEIF = TRUE
  FINALPATH = [PERSONAL]\Mi música\[ARTIST]\[ALBUM]\
  FINALNAME = [TRACKPADDED]. [ARTIST] - [TITLE]
  EXTENSION = ogg
  ENCODEREXE = [OWNPATH]\Encoders\oggenc2.exe
  PARAMETERS = -q 6 -p 4 "[SOURCE]" -o "[DESTTMP]" -a "[ARTIST]" -l "[ALBUM]" -t "[TITLE]" -N "[TRACKPADDED]" -d "[YEAR]" -G "[GENRE]" -c "TOOL=Exact Audio Copy 0.95 Beta 3, MAREO 4.0, OggEnc 2.83 (aoTuV Beta 4.51), VorbisGain 1.01"
  RENAME = TRUE

; VorbisGain: ALBUM mode: Vorbis normalizer: [url=http://www.rarewares.org/vorbis.htm]http://www.rarewares.org/vorbis.htm[/url]
  EXECUTEIF = [TRACK] = [1]
  FINALNAME = [TRACKPADDED]. [ARTIST] - [TITLE]
  EXTENSION = ogg
  ENCODEREXE = [OWNPATH]\Encoders\vorbisgain.exe
  PARAMETERS = -a "[FINALPATH]\*.ogg"
  RENAME = FALSE

=======================
; GENERAL PURPOSE TOOLS
=======================

; Tag: command-line tagger: [url=http://synthetic-soul.co.uk/tag/]http://synthetic-soul.co.uk/tag/[/url]
  EXECUTEIF = [TRACK] = [1]
  FINALNAME = [ARTIST] - [ALBUM]
  EXTENSION = m3u
  ENCODEREXE = [OWNPATH]\Encoders\tag.exe
  PARAMETERS = --playlist "[FINALPATH]\*.ogg"
  RENAME = FALSE

; EOF

The programs used and their versions are included under the "TOOL" comment in the configuration file. All were executed in a computer running Win98SE.

And two more things. First, encoding the same files under FLAC give no problems, so it could be a bug caused by the same oggenc2. And second, Dr. Watson (was running in the background) reported something about oggenc2 trying to write in a non existant or a read-only memory zone, and this could be caused by a non initialized variable or it was trying to access a memory zone after it was freed.

MAREO 4 Released!

Reply #46
first, you should download latest MAREO version. Once you have done that, test by ripping the problem track to wav, and then encode it with oggenc. If it fails, is not MAREO.

MAREO 4 Released!

Reply #47
It's me again - hopefully not asking another too stupid question 

Can I or rather, how do I create a single wavpack file of a cd with the associated cue file using mareo.ini and EAC. The wavpack would be solely used as a backup of the original cd without gain applied to it.

I know I can just tell mareo to do this by firstly telling EAC to create a compressed image with cuesheet and secondly, have only the "create a wavpack file" section in mareo.ini active. Although, that wouldn't even require mareo - I could just set up EAC for wavpack directly.

However, I'd rather like to have it all in one go - after all that's what mareo should be used for. Currently, my mareo.ini is set up to create mp3s, apply albumgain to them and create wavpack files for each song.

Is there a way?

Thank you for your patience and help!

MAREO 4 Released!

Reply #48
i actually never used EAC like that ... i assume that what comes out of it, is a big encoded file, and a .cue file with it, right?

MAREO 4 Released!

Reply #49
i actually never used EAC like that ... i assume that what comes out of it, is a big encoded file, and a .cue file with it, right?

Exactly - If U set up EAC for .mp3 and select "create compressed image and create cue" then you get the whole album in one .mp3 and a .cue. Same for wavpack (one .wv for the album and a .cue) if you set up EAC to use wavpack.

And of course the same is true if you tell EAC to hand compression over to mareo and the encoder set up there. But as I said - using just one encoder like wavpack - there would be no need to use mareo as EAC can handle that.

The very cool thing would be if mareo could create individual .mp3's for each album track AND a SINGLE .wv file with a .cue for archiving purposes.

I read that REACT - run EAC task can do it - but I quite like mareo and the straightforward mareo.ini which I understood (almost    ) completely form the beginning. For what I konw, react seems more difficult to me.