Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Burning ogg to Audio CD (Read 4957 times) previous topic - next topic

Burning ogg to Audio CD

CopyToCD is the first burning soft that i found for win that supports burning Audio CDs from oggs.

Here is what the authors have to say about it:

What is CopyToCD ?

CopyToCD is the easiest way to backup your files in a cdr(w). Integrated to the shell or used as a normal application, CopyToCD works with any CD writer* to create Audio CD, write a folder and files, pictures and what you want.

CopyToCD offers a large numbers of options and settings for both users and developers, CopyToCD is a way to build your own cd burning software application. a SDK is available.

Why I should use CopyToCD ?

I want to backup files quickly without creating a project.

I want to backup a divx on few clicks.

I want to create an audio CD from MP3,WMA,Ogg Vorbis,MP1,MP2,MPEG.

I want to schedule a backup, and I am developer

Latest news : 15 August 2002

CopyToCD 0.6 release candidate

What's new ?
- fixes some bugs with slow writers.
- add cue/sheet support for developers.
- add support for :
WAV : Microsoft WAV
MP? : Mpeg 1 Layer 1, 2, 3 (aka mp3)
OGG : Ogg Vorbis
WMA : Windows Media Audio
APE : Monkey's Audio (lossless audio compression technique)
-Automatic volume adjust

http://www.copytocd.com/

Burning ogg to Audio CD

Reply #2
Originally posted by Gambit

I want to create an audio CD from ...,WMA,...

Don't the Developers have a problem with Micro$oft's patent etc. policy regarding WMA ? (see Winamp WMA plugins - ones installed with normal winamp distributions > 2.22)

Burning ogg to Audio CD

Reply #3
Benjamin Lebsanft: Thanks for the tip on Burn 'n' Go! It's just what I've been looking for.

Burning ogg to Audio CD

Reply #4
Originally posted by maciey
Don't the Developers have a problem with Micro$oft's patent etc. policy regarding WMA ? (see Winamp WMA plugins - ones installed with normal winamp distributions > 2.22)

I would believe it can only write CDs from unprotected WMAs.

Most CD-Writing software out there (Nero, EasyCD, NTI...)  support it, so I guess Microsoft has no problem with it - or they would have already taken an attitude.

The Winamp plugin was problematic because it allowed decoding protected WMAs back to WAV.

Burning ogg to Audio CD

Reply #5
Something like deCSS coming... probably.        [ehm... could be Vorbis ?]

*NOTHING DIGITALLY CODED COULD BE 100% PROTECTED*

(Bill, please, try to understand it ! It's simple !)

Burning ogg to Audio CD

Reply #6
Originally posted by PatchWorKs
Something like deCSS coming... probably.

LOL!... Coming?

Do a Google search for
+FreeMe +WMA

3rd link.

Burning ogg to Audio CD

Reply #7
Originally posted by Benjamin Lebsanft
burn everything using winamp plugins:

http://www.cdngo.com

Burn'n'Go

This is fantastic!!! :insane:

This give to this burning tool incredible possibilities 
"Taking a jazz approach and concentrating on live playing, I wanted to use several different rhythm sections and vintage instruments and amps to create a timeless sound that's geared more around musicality and vibe than sonic perfection. The key was to write with specific rhythm sections in mind, yet leave open spaces for soloing." Lee Ritenour

Burning ogg to Audio CD

Reply #8
Originally posted by unplugged

This is fantastic!!! :insane:

This give to this burning tool incredible possibilities 

whats up with this bogus hype???

as benjamin said, the winamps diskwriter plugin can decode any audio file playable in winamp to wav and then you just use it with nero...

Burning ogg to Audio CD

Reply #9
Originally posted by Phobos
whats up with this bogus hype???

as benjamin said, the winamps diskwriter plugin can decode any audio file playable in winamp to wav and then you just use it with nero...

I think it's more of a matter of practicity.

It's much easier to just load your encoded tracks in the CD project, than decode them first and then load.

Burning ogg to Audio CD

Reply #10
Ja, that was my point

I think ~700 Mb of temp WAV data with a lot of harddisk "tra tra tra ..." is quite annoying... very uncomfortable with nero/easycd...

Especially if we consider that we have monster CPUs we could do almost all on fly.
"Taking a jazz approach and concentrating on live playing, I wanted to use several different rhythm sections and vintage instruments and amps to create a timeless sound that's geared more around musicality and vibe than sonic perfection. The key was to write with specific rhythm sections in mind, yet leave open spaces for soloing." Lee Ritenour

Burning ogg to Audio CD

Reply #11
I have said incredible possibilities, because everything Winamp hands than CD'n'Go too,
= anything .XXX audio source to on-fly CD-R/RW recording

Burning ogg to Audio CD

Reply #12
Originally posted by unplugged
I have said incredible possibilities, because everything Winamp hands than CD'n'Go too,
= anything .XXX audio source to on-fly CD-R/RW recording

shoul've typed that before lol, now thats cool

but practicity means nothing, what matters is the possibility to do it...