Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Error When Switching or Skipping Song Using Wasapi Plugin (Read 1762 times) previous topic - next topic

Error When Switching or Skipping Song Using Wasapi Plugin

Hi,

I am having a problem when using the wasapi plugin with foobar. When I switch the song I am playing to a different song, the song does not play and foobar freezes up for a few seconds than displays the error: Unrecoverable playback error: Timeout. After this, foobar is unusable- when I try to play any more songs I get the error: Unrecoverable playback error: Device in use. I have to unplug and plug back in or restart my DAC for audio to work again. If I enqueue a song to play after the initial song, it plays smoothly once the first song is finished. If I try to use the skip button to go to the next song in the playlist, the same error occurs.

I am using an E-MU 0202 USB as a DAC on Windows 7 64-bit. My Playback > Output settings are Buffer length: 1030 ms, output data format: 24- bit. I have tried modifying these two settings- the buffer length doesn't change the error at all and songs only work on 24-bit. If I change to any other option for output data format no songs work and I get an error: Unrecoverable playback error: Unsupported stream format: 44100 Hz / [8/16/32]-bit / 2 channels. I have tried playing many different mp3s and flacs, the error remains consistent. I have also tried both event and push, but this has no effect on the error.
I am sorry if this is in the wrong place, I wasn't sure if the wasapi component is 3rd party since it is developed by the creator of foobar but it is not bundled with foobar. I have no other components besides wasapi output support that didn't come with foobar.
Thanks.

-Pequod

Error When Switching or Skipping Song Using Wasapi Plugin

Reply #1
Hello everyone,

I have a similar problem. When I use the Wasapi plugin, I get the same error from time to time: "Unrecoverable playback error: Timeout".
Usually it occurs when I start foobar, set the output to Wasapi and try to play the first song. Also it may occur without any visible pre-conditions: the music is playing for about an hour, but then it stops in the middle of a song and I get the "Timeout" error message in a short time.

My environment: Windows 7 32-bit, external usb sound card (Creative XMod).

Thanks,
Mykhailo