Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [TOS #2,5; trolling and/or PEBKAC] From: EAC Rip Advice - repair with  (Read 972 times) previous topic - next topic

[TOS #2,5; trolling and/or PEBKAC] From: EAC Rip Advice - repair with

EAC is the cancer of audio CD ripping

During the last week I've had 3 "bad rips" done in EAC. The CUE points were all badly positioned. One album lacking the first seconds in the first track. Results were obvious: after splitting in CUE Splitter the beginning of the tracks were all cut off since the CUE points were positioned late instead of the real beginnings. EAC is the real pain in the ass. It is a completely amateur buggy software that does not work right. Sadly it is commonly used and as a result a lot of crappy rips are being produced. I hate the author of the that program. I really do. Sorry I just had to write this since I am very angry after manually repairing the layouots in Goldwave...