Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> foobar2000 General Forum Rules

This is NOT a tech support forum.
Tech support questions go to foobar2000 Tech Support forum instead.

See also: Hydrogenaudio Terms of Service.

Qaac & Foobar Parameters, How To Change Output File Name
post Feb 9 2012, 21:39
Post #1

Group: Members
Posts: 8
Joined: 13-March 08
Member No.: 51993

Hi All, first time poster, log time user smile.gif.
I am trying to convert my WMA Lossless to ALAC using Qaac (refalac). I have set it up as stated on the net using the parameter '--silent --ignorelength - -0 %d' and it works fine, only thing it does not put across is the album art, no probs, just add that in I-Tunes. I would like the file name output to be like this 'track Number' - 'Artist' - 'Song Title' (ie; 01 - INXS - Kick.m4a). I can't make sense of the parameters like %d (Makes '01 Kick.m4a'), cant find a list that explains it all in english that I understand, just small descriptions of what they are and not many examples. looks like there are 1001 ways to do the same thing.

1. Is the above ok for converting or should I use one like I found on 'Foobar & Qaac' from 'Surroundbyus.com' (PDF) has alot more settings in it (Looks like it names all fields to bring over to the new file)? but still uses %d output. I beleive that refalac only converts alac and does not need the -A part to convert?

2. A List of descriptions & Examples of what I can use on the Foobar converter.

3. One last thing I converted from the same 'original file' In I-Tunes and in qaac and bit compared them to be the same (No errors) but I did note they had different Bitrates, close but not the same, they are using the same apple codec? should this be a problem? also converted them back to Wav and the same no errors, checked in Foobar & in EAC.

Using the latest Qaac V1.25 & Foobar V1.1.11.

Thanks In Advance.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Start new topic
post Feb 25 2012, 18:54
Post #2

Group: Members
Posts: 2
Joined: 30-June 04
Member No.: 14997

I'm having trouble with foobar v1.11 und qaac/refalac (tried different versions up to 1.31) on a Windows 7 x64 system.
All I'm getting is: "An error occurred while writing to file (The encoder has terminated prematurely with code 1 (0x00000001); please re-check parameters)"
I have foobar installed as a portable application. The weird thing is I have the setup running fine on another PC with foobar 1.10 without any problems.
I stripped down the command line to "-o %d". Told the encoder not to use multiple threads for testing but to no avail.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:


RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st December 2015 - 07:29