Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Small but serious bug in EAC - and how to avoid it, German version only
post Aug 10 2003, 22:37
Post #1

Group: Members
Posts: 281
Joined: 4-August 02
From: Nuremberg/Bavaria
Member No.: 2924

A few weeks ago I discovered a small but annoying bug in EAC. It appears, when there were "suspicious positions" at some tracks while grabbing. In earlier versions EAC always wrote then "There were errors" at the end of the logfile. But instead of doing this, it now always wrote "No errors occured". So it happened during my last several dozen ripps, that I grabbed 7 or 8 CD´s with errors - and didn´t notice it at first, as I took my focus only at the end-message of the logfiles. Important: The bug appears only in the german version of EAC, as there happened a mistake in the german translation-file of EAC. It was reported to André Wiethoff (the author of EAC) a few weeks ago, and meanwhile he uploaded a corrected german textfile (dated on 14/07). So, if you haven´t done it not yet, please download this one from his webpage. If you downloaded the main-program newly, you also have to download the fixed german textfile additionally, as the main program-package was not yet updated.

This post has been edited by R.A.F.: Aug 11 2003, 13:28

My used codecs and settings:
FLAC V1.1.2 -4 / APE V3.99 Update 4 -high / MPC V1.15v --q 5 / LAME V3.97b2 -V2 --vbr-new / OGG aoTuV V4.51 Lancer -q5
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:


RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th November 2015 - 02:05