Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Confused as the come? (Read 2948 times) previous topic - next topic

Confused as the come?

Yes I am a newbie with limited skills. I bought all illustrate products. I have since found little use as an add on to Foobar2000. As I admit I am an idiot when it comes to code/media (JRiver/Foobar2000)  With my issues on Lib etc, I will do to the proper forum.

I had to use a gamer You Tube video just to get it up and working (I am not a gamer and do not speak gamerese fluently.)
Could some one who grew up with vinyl or reel to reel as their music source or a kind soul offer a link to tutorial for the elderly-Thank You-PW

(Appreciate moving this to the correct forum-PW)
Do not fear mistakes, there are none-Miles

Confused as the come?

Reply #1
I'm not sure what you mean by "illustrate" products. There's no connection between foobar and illustration- or graphics software.

Are you able to enjoy your music on your computer using Foobar2000 or is there a problem?

Confused as the come?

Reply #2
It is probably a reference to dbpoweramp, etc. Home page has a Foobar2000 mobile banner.

Beyond that I have no understanding of the OP.

Confused as the come?

Reply #3
I had to use a gamer You Tube video just to get it up and working

What is it you are really trying to do? Play music, I guess?

The connection between foobar2000 and Illustrate/dBpoweramp is that they cooperate on developing the mobile version of foobar2000 - and therefore they have had ads for each others' products too. The software applications themselves are independent of each other.

Confused as the come?

Reply #4
I'm not sure what you mean by "illustrate" products. There's no connection between foobar and illustration- or graphics software.

Are you able to enjoy your music on your computer using Foobar2000 or is there a problem?

I apologize for not being clear. I did see the banner for DBPower Amp and the other products I purchased them thinking they were part of Foobar2000. )did not see the AD in the right hand corner...) I posted on Hydrgen Audio as I also thought it was a Foobar Communty.

The reason for the post was to ask for clarification on the illustrate products and Foobar2000

So I bought the products and they are not related or used by Foobar2000? Can they work on other players is a question I should ask on the correct forum?

BUT... NO I do not get the full benefit from Foobar2000. The interface does not read my music folder correctly, etc. I change all WAV to Flac and tag.... Is there anther player such as JRiver/Foobar2000? 

I am confused ?

Confused as the come?

Reply #5
I had to use a gamer You Tube video just to get it up and working

What is it you are really trying to do? Play music, I guess?

The connection between foobar2000 and Illustrate/dBpoweramp is that they cooperate on developing the mobile version of foobar2000 - and therefore they have had ads for each others' products too. The software applications themselves are independent of each other.

A mobile version? WTH... I misread the whole page. I want a PC Desktop audiophile quality to rip WAV (CD) to Flac for mass storage and playback. I play back via NAD DAC in my office and stream in other rooms with the Logitech Slim Devices.

Thanks for your help. I wonder if I can get refunds as I do not do mobile.If I could configure Foobar to fit my needs and a cool skin, I would stay.

Confused as the come?

Reply #6
Foobar is a proper desktop application with a very customisable layout, but it doesn't support skinning well.

Time to change the layout of the download page, methinks!

Confused as the come?

Reply #7
Foobar is a proper desktop application with a very customisable layout, but it doesn't support skinning well.

Time to change the layout of the download page, methinks!

I would agree. Now I have to attempt to get refunds and still find a Foobar2000 forum for installation tutorial help- Thanks

Confused as the come?

Reply #8
A mobile version? WTH... I misread the whole page. I want a PC Desktop audiophile quality to rip WAV (CD) to Flac for mass storage and playback. I play back via NAD DAC in my office and stream in other rooms with the Logitech Slim Devices.

Well if you bought dBpoweramp that is what you got. Illustrate offers that on a freemium basis. (I paid for dBpoweramp Reference myself, even though there are other good ripping suites around - and even more today than back then.)

foobar2000 is a desktop audio player.  (Yes it also supports ripping, and better than e.g. Windows Media Player, but I still found dBpoweramp worth paying for.)

The mobile version that is advertised, is still in the works. It is for that development Peter (the creator of fb2k) and Spoon (the creator of dBpoweramp) and others have teamed up.