Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: WinAmp control emulator plugin? (Read 1454 times) previous topic - next topic

WinAmp control emulator plugin?

I have a game (Star Trek Online) that will allow you to control either WinAmp or iTunes if it's installed.  Since WinAmp isn't being actively developed anymore, I'd like to use fb2k.  Is their a plugin which will fool programs into thinking it's Winamp for the purposes of playback control?

Reply #1
What's the point of using weird hooks from games instead of controlling your music player using...the music player itself?

You can set up keyboard shortcuts in foobar. You can also use the multimedia keys on your keyboard (if you have any) and foobar will respond accordingly as well.

Reply #2
What's the point of using weird hooks from games instead of controlling your music player using...the music player itself?

You can set up keyboard shortcuts in foobar. You can also use the multimedia keys on your keyboard (if you have any) and foobar will respond accordingly as well.

Well.  I have no multimedia keys (Das Keyboard).  Also, I've tried setting up keyboard shortcuts.  I'm assuming that STO intercepts them for it's own use, since it doesn't work, no matter how bizarre of a key combo I set up.