Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Quick Tagger (Read 116271 times) previous topic - next topic

Quick Tagger

Reply #50
A more up-to-date "Fill values from filenames" function has been present in the Properties dialog for about a year.

Thanks for this info Frank -- I had no idea Fb2k had this capability.  Impressive! 

I guess I'd seen it down there in the right-click menu but it hadn't registered mentally what "Automatically Fill Values" implied.

Quick Tagger

Reply #51
Sorry if I missed this question somewhere else, or am entering this in the incorrect forum....

Does quick tagger support Global Hotkeys?  The hotkeys for quick tagging only seem to work when I uncheck the global option.  I have other options like next track and volume set as global and they work fine.

Quick Tagger

Reply #52
It works fine for me, if I set the action type to "context/now playing".

Quick Tagger

Reply #53
Thank you very much, I feel like an idiot now.  I was using action type [context].

thanks again.

Quick Tagger

Reply #54
There is not Preferences / Tools / Tagging / Quick Tagger

Quick Tagger 1.0.1
Foobar2000 V0.9.5.6

Quick Tagger

Reply #55
Quick Tagger is tailor-made to support scenarios where you want to set the a field to one of several values like rating, genre, mood, etc.

Is it possible to use quick tagger for multi value fields such as "style" or "mood"? I can't figure out how to get quick tagger to append another value rather than replace the current single value.

Quick Tagger

Reply #56
Is it possible to use quick tagger for multi value fields such as "style" or "mood"?

I don't think so. But you can use Masstagger to do this.
Just make "Add value" scripts for the %mood% & %style% tags, save them and you can access them in the right-click menu.

Quick Tagger

Reply #57

Is it possible to use quick tagger for multi value fields such as "style" or "mood"?

I don't think so. But you can use Masstagger to do this.
Just make "Add value" scripts for the %mood% & %style% tags, save them and you can access them in the right-click menu.

Thanks, I suppose I could do that... but it's a lot of tedious work to set up dozens of individual add value scripts (unless I'm missing an easy way to do it, such as the way you add values in quick tagger).

I also have a small suggestion for quick tagger... it would be nice if you could have a description for each value like the old custom info component.

Ex: instead of "Set <value> to > X" you would have "Set <value> to > X - [description of X]"

Quick Tagger

Reply #59
Could you please add the commands:
set <tag> to the next value
set <tag> to the previous value

Example:
Track has a RATING (1;2;3;4;5) of 3.
"set <tag> to the next value" would set the RATING to 4, then to 5 ...
When 5 is reached that command shouldn't do anything.

Quick Tagger

Reply #60
Track has a RATING (1;2;3;4;5) of 3.
"set <tag> to the next value" would set the RATING to 4, then to 5 ...
When 5 is reached that command shouldn't do anything.

The functionality you request can already be accomplished using the masstagger component. Just add two scripts like:

Code: [Select]
Increase Rating: Format "RATING" using "$if(%rating%,$min(5,$add(%rating%,1)),3)"
Decrease Rating: Format "RATING" using "$if(%rating%,$max(0,$sub(%rating%,1)),2)"
                                                    Range ^    Default values ^

You then can assign keyboard shortcuts, call them from the context menu and add buttons to the toolbar to call them.

Quick Tagger

Reply #61
hi. i'm using the <BPM> field as a rating field. (don't ask why )
ok. the problem is that files, where this "rating" isn't yet existing he is not creating this field with quick tagger. you know what i mean?

Quick Tagger

Reply #62
Is it possible to write a tag use ID3v2.3 UTF-16?
you know,  windows media player could write rating data to tag  "RATING WMP",  but the tag is writing with ID3v2.3 UTF-16 format,
and it can't read in foobar!
If Quick Tagger could read/write tag use ID3v2.3 UTF-16, it could be a nice thing, 
just because many people use window mobile phone, and use ActiveSync to sync music files,  the rating info is a filter condition.

Quick Tagger

Reply #63
Version 1.0.2 doesn't work for me with this error message: "Internal Error - please re-run the foobar2000 installer." Removing the plugin or reverting to 1.0.1 fixed the problem. I have Win7 x64, foobar2000 1.0.

Quick Tagger

Reply #64
You have probably accidentally renamed the component file to something else than foo_quicktag.dll.
Full-quoting makes you scroll past the same junk over and over.

Quick Tagger

Reply #65
You have probably accidentally renamed the component file to something else than foo_quicktag.dll.

Exactly. I didn't know this because it used work after renaming. Thanks for letting me know.

Quick Tagger

Reply #66
Would it be possible that when selecting "Quick Tagger -> Set <rating> to -> More..." the focus would be in text box, not OK-button. Small thing, I know, but pressing Tab two times every time seems kind of pointless, as I just recently started to rate my albums and there's a long way to go...  (and no, I can't use separate shortcuts because my rating goes from 10 to 50)

Quick Tagger

Reply #67
If one is using Masstagger scripts the process would be:
  • Context
  • Tagging
  • Scripts
  • %SCRIPT%

With Quick Tagger it's:
  • Context
  • Tagging
  • Quick Tagger
  • Set <%FIELD%> To
  • %VALUE%

Both solutions can be mapped to shortcuts.

It would be nice if Quick Tagger could be placed in the context menu hierarchy set by the user.
A dropdown toolbar would be great too.
</thorbeck>

Quick Tagger

Reply #68
Hello

I have Quick Tagger installed.
My ratings don't show in the playlist.
I have: "%rating%".
It shows the rating from Playback Statistics component.
But this does not stick to the file metadata.
I followed the instructions from here:
http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....showtopic=59187

How can i fix this?

Quick Tagger

Reply #69
Link is nearly 5 years old. This from the foo_playcount docs might help.
Please note that this component takes over %rating%, showing rating according to its own database. If you store rating in tags, use $meta(rating) to access it. This behavior has changed in version 3.0, previous versions would fall back to tag contents when rating information was not present in the database.

Quick Tagger

Reply #70
Link is nearly 5 years old. This from the foo_playcount docs might help.
Please note that this component takes over %rating%, showing rating according to its own database. If you store rating in tags, use $meta(rating) to access it. This behavior has changed in version 3.0, previous versions would fall back to tag contents when rating information was not present in the database.

That solves it. Thank you tpijag!

Quick Tagger

Reply #71
HI! Here's a suggestion for foo_quicktagger:

Would it be possible to add generic value item to all defined fields for assigning the value of clipboard?

Quick Tagger

Reply #72
Hi there,

I use Quicktagger as a rating tool (from 1-5 stars). It is nearly perfect for that purpose.
I have only one problem: The confirmation dialog. I use the shortcuts to rate the tracks that are being played in the background while I work on something else and hate to be interrupted by the dialog. Also, I am in the process of setting up a remote control for foobar via a tablet and wish to implement the quicktag-rating system there, too. Now if I rate a tracvk playing in my iving room while I am in my office, I'd have to go there and confirm the dialog.

Is there any chance to implement an option to be ticked inside the preferences setup, so that certain scenarios where quick tagger is used don't require the dialog to be confirmed (ie a 'silent mode')?

Great many thanks for the plugin in the first place.
Foobar is great. And this component is just one more (but a very important) reason to love this system.

Best

Quick Tagger

Reply #73
Set 'Require confirmation before processing more than X tracks' higher.

Quick Tagger

Reply #74
Is there a way to batch-change multiple tag fields at once through Quick Tagger? Or through some other function in Foobar? I often apply a standard set of tags to nearly all incoming files - including blanking out or deleting fields I don't use and don't want - and would love to be able to have one click or keyboard shortcut that applies all these tags at once.