Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Software to add Replay Gain tags to flac files? (Read 3409 times) previous topic - next topic

Software to add Replay Gain tags to flac files?

I'd like to add replay gain tags to my entire flac library.  What software can I use (Windows GUI or command-line) to do this?  It will need to traverse the entire directory structure and add both track and album gain tags.  Albums are organized one per directory.

Reply #1
foobar would most likely be the easiest way..

Reply #2
You can use the metaflac command line utility to do it.

Code: [Select]
metaflac --add-replay-gain *.flac

Would work fine in any *nix type system, but the metaflac binary itself doesn't expand wildcards (instead relying on the shell to do that), so using Windows you would have to do something like:

Code: [Select]
metaflac --add-replay-gain Track01.flac Track02.flac ... Track10.flac

Not quite the easiest way to do it, but it could be possible to automate the process with scripting.

Reply #3
I would go with Cyaneyes' suggestion - Foobar would be your best bet.
Reason is immortal, all else mortal
- Pythagoras