Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Foobar doesn't reach end of playback queue with UPnP output (Read 2301 times) previous topic - next topic

Foobar doesn't reach end of playback queue with UPnP output

In fb2k, I've always experienced a strange phenomenon where, when I play songs to UPnP, the end of the last song is never reached.  Basically, after the end of the audio track is reached, foobar continues "playing."  At that point, what I hear are high-pitched, erratic beeping noises - which are quite annoying to say the least.  This issue affects 100% of my songs, without exception.

On the other hand, when I play to my sound driver, fb2k stops normally after the last song, and I hear no beeps.  This is what I'd prefer to happen when playing to UPnP

Any thoughts on the cause of my UPnP issue?

Re: Foobar doesn't reach end of playback queue with UPnP output

Reply #1
Hi
I recently discovered this fantastic audioplayer that supports gapless, Upnp, ape files, ....
 I use the UPNP to send music to my HiFi amplifier through a connected WDTv Live box that acts as a Upnp renderer.
Unfortunately I have this exact same problem when playing a list : all tracks are OK, but the last track never ends, and I can hear a repeated sound (looks like last buffer sent to the renderer).
I tried to modify the buffer size, to add the Affix silence component, ... but nothing fixed the problem.
If I just open a single audio file, the problem is present.
I have windows 10 installed and using the windows 10 "Playto" feature, the problem does not exist.
So the problem looks to be linked to Fb2.
Does a specific configuration solve the problem, or is there any fix or workaround ?
Thanks in advance for your help.

Reply #2
Sadly WDTV UPnP support is a bug fest, the noises are some funny feature on their end, and it's not the only stupid thing they do - for an example, last time I tested my unit, it failed to recognize mono streams and played mono as stereo at 2x speed.

We're certainly not sending the same data over and over to the renderer.

I suppose sending silence after the end of valid data will fix this, I'll add this behavior for the next update of the UPnP component.
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

Reply #3
New version posted.

Reply #4
New version posted.

Hi Peter

Thanks for solving my problem !
With the last Upnp Media renderer Output component rev. 1.0 beta 16, my WD TV works great as media renderer :
. gapless is OK (after removing the affix silence component).
. last track ends OK without spinning on the last sounds  >:(  (Silence is the most important with music  O:) ).
I think WDTV Live was a nightmare at the beginning (there where networking issues), but with the last FW it looks very stable for my usage.
Thanks again.

Reply #5
Good to hear, thanks for confirming the fix.