Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_clienc (Read 11243 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_clienc

after foo_mpcenc and foo_vorbisenc when foo_lamenc ???

Give foo_clienc a try, it can use any command line encoder as output.

foo_clienc

Reply #1
after foo_mpcenc and foo_vorbisenc when foo_lamenc ???

Give foo_clienc a try, it can use any command line encoder as output.

Nice.  Just what I was looking for.  But it doesn't work for me.  It just sits there and I'm forced to abort.

I'm running Win2K SP3, FB2K 0.6 b10.  Not using DSP or replaygain.

Encoder: mppenc.exe
Extension: mpc
Parameters: --quality 5 --xlevel --artist "%artist%" --album "%album%" --title "%title%" --track "%tracknumber%" --year "%date%" --genre "%genre%" %d

EDIT: Unchecked "Write APEv2 tags".

And a suggestion:  I would be great if the user could create encoder profiles.  This way, it would be easy to switch between your favorite Musepack and Lame settings.

foo_clienc

Reply #2
Parameters: --quality 5 --xlevel --artist "%artist%" --album "%album%" --title "%title%" --track "%tracknumber%" --year "%date%" --genre "%genre%" %d

And a suggestion:  I would be great if the user could create encoder profiles.  This way, it would be easy to switch between your favorite Musepack and Lame settings.

The calls you have in your parameters probably won't work, because they are used to call for values from EAC. For instance, you are telling mppenc to insert "%artist%" into the artist tag. Where is it grabbing "%artist%" from? The tag of the original file? I just encoded a FLAC into an MPC. It works great, but I wish that the tag could be copied to the new file.

Does the MPPENC plugin use the "--xlevel" switch?

As far as the profiles go, that's a good idea. But if you want to switch between LAME & MPC, you could set the CLI up for LAME, and switch between that and the mppenc plugin.

foo_clienc

Reply #3

The calls you have in your parameters probably won't work, because they are used to call for values from EAC.

Nope.  I'm using foobar2000 variables, like %artist%, which would be %a in EAC.

Does the MPPENC plugin use the "--xlevel" switch?

mppenc.exe uses --xlevel to prevent clipping during encoding.  Please RTFM (recommended settings in the MPC forum).

As far as the profiles go, that's a good idea. But if you want to switch between LAME & MPC, you could set the CLI up for LAME, and switch between that and the mppenc plugin.

mppenc and lame use different parameters.  I don't want to retype these every time I switch formats.

foo_clienc

Reply #4
VLSI:

use only  --quality 5 --xlevel  and check "Write APEv2 tags".

work fine here!

thank you, CASE!

(I would be great if the user could create encoder profiles...)
Music is my first love.

foo_clienc

Reply #5
Nice.  Just what I was looking for.  But it doesn't work for me.  It just sits there and I'm forced to abort.

Perhaps you forgot about input file in cmdline ('-' because plugin will feed encoder's stdin)?
Code: [Select]
--standard --xlevel - %d

works fine.

foo_clienc

Reply #6
VLSI:

use only  --quality 5 --xlevel  and check "Write APEv2 tags".

work fine here!

thank you, CASE!

(I would be great if the user could create encoder profiles...)

That's the first thing I tried.  Doesn't work here.  The progress bar once moved up around 25% and then just stopped.  mppenc was running but wasn't using any CPU time.  I aborted after a minute of inactivity.  the command works properly from a shell prompt though.

EDIT:

@Messer:

I have the stdin flag '-', but mppenc stops encoding after a while and uses no CPU cycles.  Its as though the plugin stops feeding it audio samples.

foo_clienc

Reply #7
Nice CLI enc, Case.

Any chance of dropdown history listings on the encoder, type,and parameter fields? Would minimize typing stuff in over and over as some people use vorbis and mpc and other CLIs interchangebly  and at different bitrates, switches and such.

foo_clienc

Reply #8
That's the first thing I tried.  Doesn't work here.  The progress bar once moved up around 25% and then just stopped.  mppenc was running but wasn't using any CPU time.  I aborted after a minute of inactivity.

I ran the following in a command prompt and it worked fine:

mppenc --quality 5 --xlevel - outfile.mpc < infile.wav

With foo_clienc, it stalls when it gets somewhere around 25%.  Has anyone else experienced this?

foo_clienc

Reply #9
yes, confirmed  sometime with mppenc.exe 1.15r
1.14 not work.

lame.exe work
Music is my first love.

foo_clienc

Reply #10
I got the same ~25% stall as well. Has anyone tried it with 0.586?
superdumprob

"If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?" - Albert Einstein

foo_clienc

Reply #11
I uploaded version 0.0.2, still alpha but includes preliminary preset support and allows conversion through temp file.
I don't know how some of you get stalling, does it happen randomly or with some specific files? Could you also try if that happens with foo_mpcenc.

foo_clienc

Reply #12
It stalls for me too and it doesn't seem to happen randomly.
  - foobar 0.6 b 10
-  win xp sp1
- MPC Encoder  1.15r
- plugin version 0.0.2
- cmdline --xlevel --standard - %d
- does not stall foo_mpcenc

PM me if you want the sample (it is 8.46 minutes long(*), but encoded to lowest quality speex file stalls the plugin as good as original wav and is only 500 kB)

(*) originally it was about 16 minutes long and encoding stopped working in second half of the track. I tried to split it into two halves and see if second one still stalls encoding - yes it did. But surprisingly when I repeated the operation none of the "quarters" stalled the encoding.

foo_clienc

Reply #13
I uploaded version 0.0.2, still alpha but includes preliminary preset support and allows conversion through temp file.
I don't know how some of you get stalling, does it happen randomly or with some specific files? Could you also try if that happens with foo_mpcenc.

I tried again with foo_clienc 0.0.2 and mppenc 1.14.  It still fails, but the stall position seems file-dependent.  It happens with all files I've tested.

I tested foo_mpcenc with a few wav files.  No problems there.  It might be worths checking that stdout is switched to binary mode.

foo_clienc

Reply #14
wav -> mpc = ok
mp3 -> mpc  = freeze at 25% (with  foo_mpcenc.dll :ERROR (FOO_MPCENC) : Only lossless source files allowed...)
ogg -> mpc = freeze at 80% (with  foo_mpcenc.dll :ERROR (FOO_MPCENC) : Only lossless source files allowed...)

wav -> mp3 = ok
mpc -> mp3 = ok
ogg -> mp3  = ok
mp3 -> mp3  = freeze  at 100%

wav -> ogg  = freeze at  10% (work with foo_vorbisenc)
mp3 -> ogg = freeze at  10%      ''
mpc -> ogg = freeze at  10%      ''

mppenc 1.14 lame 3.92 ogg 1.0 and OggEncGT3b1
win 98se 128 Mo ram duron 1.1 mhz foobar 0.6 b10

question for case: why it is not possile to add id1 tag to mp3 ?
Music is my first love.

foo_clienc

Reply #15
Case:

Fisrt of all, this is lovely.

Second, a few suggestions.....

- Merge the encoder and parameters into a single textbox so we can have multiple commands:

IE:
mppenc.exe --quality 5 --xlevel %d && replaygain --auto %d

- Let the CLIencoder retrieve the tags variables so we can have someting like:

mppenc.exe --quality 5 --xlevel - %d && replaygain --auto %d && tag.exe -t ARTIST=%artist% -t TITLE="%title% %d

this way you can kill the add APE2 tag and have support for every tag using your very own Tag.exe

and perhaps a little option for not launching the CLI window when using a temporary input file.
"You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you."

foo_clienc

Reply #16
Great! Now foobar works for me as my primary audio player, masstagger AND file converter  Only ripping and burning CDs (and occasionally tagging) is now done by some other software

foo_clienc

Reply #17
foobar 0.6 b11:

ERROR (CORE) : Failed to load DLL: foo_clienc.dll, reason: Wrong version number; this component appears to have been built with outdated version of foobar2000 SDK and needs to be recompiled with newer version in order to load; please contact author of this component to obtain an updated version of this component.

ERROR (CORE) : Failed to load DLL: foo_vorbisenc.dll, reason: Wrong version number; this component appears to have been built with outdated version of foobar2000 SDK and needs to be recompiled with newer version in order to load; please contact author of this component to obtain an updated version of this component.

Redownload.

foo_clienc

Reply #18
Version 0.0.3 uploaded, this should solve hanging.

foo_clienc

Reply #19
Version 0.0.3 uploaded, this should solve hanging.

Thanks Case.  This fixed it.

I also ran a test with temporary input files.  It didn't work for me.  The file decoded to wav without a hitch, but the console window flashed shortly and closed.  This is what I did:
--quality 5 --xlevel %s %d

It worked when I tried it from a dos box.

foo_clienc

Reply #20
Version 0.0.4 uploaded, includes several fixes and improvements.

Encoder presets are now stored in external text file,
new presets can be created and old ones deleted from config,
encoder's maximum supported bit depth can be set,
WAV header is now fixed for temp file to contain correct number of bytes,
fixed (possibly) incorrect size reporting in wav header when outputting to pipes,
when using temp wav console screen is opened in minimized mode and can be optionally hidden completely,
metadata fields can be passed on parameter list,
default presets improved.

foo_clienc

Reply #21
Version 0.0.4 uploaded, includes several fixes and improvements.

Encoder presets are now stored in external text file,
new presets can be created and old ones deleted from config,
encoder's maximum supported bit depth can be set,
WAV header is now fixed for temp file to contain correct number of bytes,
fixed (possibly) incorrect size reporting in wav header when outputting to pipes,
when using temp wav console screen is opened in minimized mode and can be optionally hidden completely,
metadata fields can be passed on parameter list,
default presets improved.

Temp file encoding works now.  Didn't find any other problems.  Good stuff. 

foo_clienc

Reply #22
Sorry to raise this thread again but i have a request if it's not to hard and if im not being to cheeky    .

The CLIenc is working great on my computer but i was wondering if it would be possible to add a command that would "copy /b" all albums into one file for formats that support it such as vorbis. Would this be feasable to do or do you not think it a good idea or not in the scope of this plugin.

Cheers for your time,

Kristian

foo_clienc

Reply #23
Actually, if i extract to the same directory structure i keep my Flac's in, i can use sweep to run the "copy /b" command recursivly through the directories, does anyone know how to automatically remove the source ogg's though and how to give the final combined file a proper filename such as "artist -- album"?

Cheers Kristian

foo_clienc

Reply #24
Hi!
First, that's a really great Plug-in!
Thanks Case!

I'm using CLI encoder 0.1.2 for transcode from mpc -> mp3.
It works fine! Only one question.
Does the "Dithered float -> PCM conversion" option mean
that the output (in my case of the mpc) is dithered before
it goes to the encoder?
What is better for transcode? Dithered or undithered?

sorry, english is not my favourite language