Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Proxy settings dialog error (Read 5753 times) previous topic - next topic

Proxy settings dialog error

In Preferences: Networking dialog there is no way to avoid using proxy server at all. You can only specify proxy server directly or use IE settings.

Reply #1
Uncheck it?
Windows 10 Pro x64 // foobar2000 1.3.10

Reply #2
I'm going to assume that unchecking makes it use the system settings (i.e. "IE" settings), without a possibility to bypass the proxy entirely.

Reply #3
I take it that having it enabled and leaving the text field empty will use the IE proxy settings and unchecking it will disable proxy.
Windows 10 Pro x64 // foobar2000 1.3.10

Reply #4
Leaving text field blank will cause Invalid proxy URL error and unchecking do not disable proxy but force to use IE settings instead.

Reply #5
Same problem here. I have a NTLM proxy so there is no way foobar2000 can make a correct negotiation with it. I have a local Icecast server but I cannot connect to it because I'm forced either to enter a proxy address or use IE settings (NTLM proxy that talks to Internet). There should be a way to tell foobar2000 to completely disable any use of proxies.

Reply #6
Wait for it, it's coming to a release near you.

Reply #7
how could you do so, I spent an hour could not understand what was happening. Proxyfire use and redirects all traffic socks proxy, so the same is IE proxy but it can be used. A Foobar forcibly pulls setting is per IE: (
I really hope that soon it will be corrected, and now has to use a different player:

Reply #8
Version 1.2 (currently in beta) introduces a new proxy setting, "No proxy", in addition to the existing "Use Internet Explorer settings" and "Specify proxy address".

Reply #9
oh it is at least a solution for now, thank you.

Reply #10
Hi there,

I just downloaded version 1.2.1 beta and tried the "Use Internet Explorer settings" option, alas Foobar keeps on responding "Unable to open item for playback (Proxy Authentication Required (407))", while Windows Media Player and XMPlay are able to play the very same playlist (built by ampache from my home).

Am I mistaking somewhere or is there a bug ?

Arnaud

Reply #11
It probably doesn't support NTLM authentication.

Reply #12
It probably doesn't support NTLM authentication.

Thanks for your answer.

It seems this is the root cause of the problem ; this should be a nice feature anyway, as I think many foobar users want to use their favorite player to listen their remote music at work, where proxy NTLM authentication is often used, and without this they have to use another player.

So, how could I submit a feature request ?

Arnaud