Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How to do this in albumlist? (Read 1720 times) previous topic - next topic

How to do this in albumlist?

I can come close, but I wanted to see if anyone can get it spot on...

Basically, when there is no album tag I want to put it under the name of the folder it is in, which is most often called the same as the album anyway.

Also, if the album and artist tags are not set, I'd want it to to use the folder above that one for the artist name. It's tricky!

How to do this in albumlist?

Reply #1
I can come close, but I wanted to see if anyone can get it spot on...

Basically, when there is no album tag I want to put it under the name of the folder it is in, which is most often called the same as the album anyway.

Also, if the album and artist tags are not set, I'd want it to to use the folder above that one for the artist name. It's tricky!

Take a look at the title formatting help:

$directory(x), $directory(x,n) : extracts directory name from file path, optionally goes up by n directory levels.

So for the album:
$if2(%album%,$directory(%_path%))