Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_uie_lyrics3 (Read 873897 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1550
foobar can tag wav files but other software might not be able to read them. the most sane thing to is convert those wav files to flac. if you use itunes/ipods/iphone/ipads etc then apple lossless would be a better choice.

That's not an option for me. I need a way to do it via the folder structure.

Just convert and tag them.

If you have files and directories named consistently (artist - album - filename) you may try to extract search strings parameters from them using title formatting, I don't know: $directory(%path%,2) for artist and $substr(%filename%,6,100) for title if filename is 01 - title.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1551
foobar can tag wav files but other software might not be able to read them. the most sane thing to is convert those wav files to flac. if you use itunes/ipods/iphone/ipads etc then apple lossless would be a better choice.

That's not an option for me. I need a way to do it via the folder structure.

Just convert and tag them.

If you have files and directories named consistently (artist - album - filename) you may try to extract search strings parameters from them using title formatting, I don't know: $directory(%path%,2) for artist and $substr(%filename%,6,100) for title if filename is 01 - title.

Using these parameters is what I thought of as well. If I use yours, it seems to work in general, but it cuts off the beginning of the title name in the title search field ("yond" instead of "09 Beyond"). Can you explain what $directory, (%path%), %substr% and the numbers 2, 6 and 100 mean in this context?

Thank you.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1553
Using these parameters is what I thought of as well. If I use yours, it seems to work in general, but it cuts off the beginning of the title name in the title search field ("yond" instead of "09 Beyond"). Can you explain what $directory, (%path%), %substr% and the numbers 2, 6 and 100 mean in this context?

Thank you.

From the link above:
$substr(s,m,n) Returns substring of string s, starting from m-th character and ending at n-th character.
In your case m=4 09 Beyond

$directory(x,n)[edit]
Extracts directory name from the file path x; goes up by n levels.
So if you have "artist" folder above "album" folder(s) than n=2.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1554
Alright, now everything works perfectly fine and I get lyrics for all my songs. Thanks for your help.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1555
I seem to get best results using this for title during search:

[%title%] "lyrics.wikia.com" OR "genius.com" OR "oldielyrics.com" OR "lyricsfreak.com" -azlyrics.com

azlyrics.com wont let you load lyrics so it's blocked on the end with the minus sign.

So add any site to end with minus sign to not use that site for lyrics search.

LyricsFreak.com seems to work the best for the music I listen to. Mainly country.
God Bless U.S.A

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1556
Is there any chance to add fullscreen support? like a karaoke mode?

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1558
Version 0.4.5 can't retrieve lyrics from www.azlyrics.com.
So I build lyric spource compoment,from the "Lyric source SDK".
https://github.com/tripod31/foo_lyricsource

I can confirm it works. The Readme needs a little work (and a spellcheck).

After installing the new component and placing the 2 DLLs in the Foobar directory, Go to Preferences > Tools > Lyric Show 3 and add "www.azlyrics.com" from 'Available Sources' to 'Search Order'.
I would suggest deactivating the "Online DB: Google Search" by moving it back to 'Available Sources'.

I hope this helps clear things up.

Good work, Tripod31, I appreciate it. 

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1559
I followed the instructions for foo_lyricsource but I get:

Failed to load DLL: foo_lyricsource.dll
Reason: Unsupported format or corrupted file

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1560
Reason: Unsupported format or corrupted file
::

Working flawless here. Check the size of the file (should be 198.144 Bytes).
If it's wrong try loading it again here.

Greetings, ...

::

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1561
Thanks, it works now!

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1562
I seem to get best results using this for title during search:

[%title%] "lyrics.wikia.com" OR "genius.com" OR "oldielyrics.com" OR "lyricsfreak.com" -azlyrics.com

azlyrics.com wont let you load lyrics so it's blocked on the end with the minus sign.

So add any site to end with minus sign to not use that site for lyrics search.

LyricsFreak.com seems to work the best for the music I listen to. Mainly country.

Where do you enter this string in the preferences? Thank you.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1563
Still getting "Load Failed" on Genius and Wikia Google searches. See picture:

Any fix would be appreciated.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1566
Still getting "Load Failed" on Genius and Wikia Google searches.

Quote from: Arcane-BLUE link=msg=0 date=
After installing the new component and placing the 2 DLLs in the Foobar directory, Go to Preferences > Tools > Lyric Show 3 and add "www.azlyrics.com" from 'Available Sources' to 'Search Order'.
I would suggest deactivating the "Online DB: Google Search" by moving it back to 'Available Sources'.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1567
a component made years ago , adding 4 or 5 more lyric sources for lyrics3: 
????/ttplayer  (timestamps 2 or 3 )?
????/xiami.com
????/mp3.baidu.com
qq??/music.qq.com

download:
https://userscloud.com/2xn3muinb1ir

Can you please reupload the plugin? The link is dead.

https://userscloud.com/8cubgnmhqrbf

by the way, xiami.com is only available in mainland China.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1568
Need option to save lyric as lrc and in a tag at the same time as possible in minilyrics

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1569
And what about possibility to make lyric clickable? Point to some string goes to that part of file with proper timing

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1570
Is it possible to make the lyrics panel have a minimize option?

I hate the fact that its focus has to be on top at all times and it blocks the rest of my Foobar window / other objects on my screen.

I'd like to be able to minimize it, closing the lyrics panel and reopening it is not very intuitive, but I wouldn't be surprised if this was some limitation in Foobar..

Much appreciate your work, this is a great plugin!

Thank you.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1571
How fast disable lyric search? With one checkmark like audoscrobbler? Can't find that option in settings

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1572
Still getting "Load Failed" on Genius and Wikia Google searches.

Quote from: Arcane-BLUE link=msg=0 date=

AzLyrics has nothing to do with my request or issue but here's your pat on the head. Congrats. Well done.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1574
Does anyone know how to bypass the "local lyric already exists" false positive?

The situation: I got several versions of my audio files in different versions - mostly FLAC 44100 for "on the go" purposes, FLAC 96000 or 192000 for home listening.
However, just because I do have a .lrc for a 192k, that does not mean that I shouldn't be able to automatically save an .lrc for a different version. For a different dir, different file.

Yes, the artist-title is the same, but the directory is different, and even the filename is different. (all my FLACs are renamed to include bitrate on filename!)

All feedback appreciated.