Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: FLAC ratings tags (Read 2886 times) previous topic - next topic

FLAC ratings tags

Lets start discussion about tune rating implementation in various FLAC supporting software/hardware. Today is 19th AUG 2015. This is what I have discovered:

Native Instruments Traktor (v. 2.6.8.)

- Traktor has ratings of 0-5 stars. It seems to save these ratings in "rating wmp" field as following values. 1 star corresponds to 51, 2 stars corresponds to 102, 3 stars corresponds to 153, 4 stars correspond to 204 and 5 stars correspond to 255.

Mediamonkey

- Mediamonkey saves FLAC ratings in "rating" field as following values. 1 star correspond to 20, 2 stars correspond to 40, 3 stars correspond to 60, 4 stars correspond to 80 and 5 stars correspond to 100.

Foobar2000

- In Foobar2000 there is no native rating support you have to organize ratings manually. I was able to get "rating wmp" to work with Foobar2000, but I dont see stars but direct values.

Windows 10....?

- anybody knows how Win10 handles this?

Serato....?

- anybody know how Serato handles this?

Other ratings supporting FLAC players...?

Traktor saves MP3 ratings in "rating" field, so in Foobar2000 I have to have to rating columns ("rating" and "rating wmp"), and depending on the file type I have to update either one of them. There seems to be also a but in Traktor 2.6.8. If I update "rating" of MP3 in foobar to values 0,1,2,3,4,5, everything updates OK in traktor, but if I update ratings in Traktor, Foobar sees them as follows: 5 stars rating = 5, 4 stars rating = 4, 3 stars rating = 3, 2 stars rating = 3 !!!, 1 stars rating=2.