Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Tagging application for Mac (Read 27458 times) previous topic - next topic

Tagging application for Mac

Reply #50
Kid3

Reply #51
Kid3 is pretty good actually. Nice simple interface. Displays/edits/copies/removes V1 and V2 tags.

Reply #53
ID3 editor costs too much money, and I'm getting an error for jmplayer:
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/media/ControllerListener

Reply #54
well, kid3 still seems to be the best of the bunch for your needs. i haven't tried jmplayer myself but i know some older java apps need an older java version.
in the utilities folder inside applications, there's an app to configure java. if you have an older java installed on your machine it will show up on the list. just drag it to the top so it will use it first.
other than that, it probably won't be worth the trouble to install an older version (you also need to install mplayer to play music, anyway).

Reply #55
sorry guys but...what about to just use iTunes to tag files? I usually decode flac files in mp3s then open them in itunes, select all the album and just tag in Info..am i wrong?

Reply #56
sorry guys but...what about to just use iTunes to tag files? I usually decode flac files in mp3s then open them in itunes, select all the album and just tag in Info..am i wrong?

from the original post, the op wanted a power tagger which also allowed copying ID3V2 to ID3V1 and use both versions. itunes fails on both features.
but what do i know, i don't even have itunes installed.

Reply #57
With Doug's great collection of applescripts, I've found iTunes to be an incredibly powerful tagger, but YMMV of course!

but itunes is so stupid to not let you select number-value-only-fields such as year and title. you have to enter the info dialog and cannot change them from the list view.