Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Chronflow (Read 475139 times) previous topic - next topic

Chronflow

I was watching the new Finder portion of the Apple WWDC 2007, and saw how they incorporated cover flow into the finder.

So I thought, hey maybe it would be cool if foobar2000 had its own cover flow component for browsing albums. What do you guys think? Feasible? Overkill? Good?

Chronflow

Reply #1
I was watching the new Finder portion of the Apple WWDC 2007, and saw how they incorporated cover flow into the finder.

So I thought, hey maybe it would be cool if foobar2000 had its own cover flow component for browsing albums. What do you guys think? Feasible? Overkill? Good?

I look after too . It is so good but itunes suxx on itunes we can't choose that the cover was a jpg file named cover.jpg
So it will be a great idea to make cover flow for foobar

Chronflow

Reply #2
I think it'd be great.

Chronflow

Reply #3
thats brilliant nice perfect , go for it...

Chronflow

Reply #5
any update?

the pi

Chronflow

Reply #6
there are another minimalistic, simple and alpha alternative named COVERPLAY

link
in action youtube

the author says "there won't be any more development soon. Sorry."
But if someone can continue the work (with permission of course), perhaps will be possible to implement in fb2k .

In my opinion trying to get work HARMONY it means you are running iTunes and Vista and NET 3.0. Too many monsters for me 
more or less, minus is best

Chronflow

Reply #7
In my opinion trying to get work HARMONY it means you are running iTunes and Vista and NET 3.0. Too many monsters for me 

Still using DOS 6.2?
Can't wait for a HD-AAC encoder :P

Chronflow

Reply #8

You don't need Vista. The thing is that Vista already ships with .NET 3.0, so you only need to install that if you are not running Vista.

Still using DOS 6.2?

This provocation is completely unnecessary.

Chronflow

Reply #9
there are another minimalistic, simple and alpha alternative named COVERPLAY

link
in action youtube

the author says "there won't be any more development soon. Sorry."
But if someone can continue the work (with permission of course), perhaps will be possible to implement in fb2k .

It doesn't work for me when i open it it closes

But it seems to be a good things.
I am agree with you about The Monsters which are Vista and Itunes

Chronflow

Reply #10
i already knew that isn't necessary install Vista to work Harmony, only NET 3.0. You need otherwise to install iTunes with some library imported in it to work "(Using the library file generated by Apple's iTunes)"
but it's impossible and a suicide (in my opinion) work, enjoy and manage more than 30gb with iTunes as fb2k does.

but it's obvious that fb2k will improve visual with this kind of tricks

sorry my english
more or less, minus is best

Chronflow

Reply #11
Well, just found this Thread and I have good news.
I'm just writing such a plugin. It's not yet implemented into foobar, but that's next.
Here's a little demonstration video (7mb)
http://chron.visiondesigns.de/misc/ChronFlow.avi

Chronflow

Reply #12
Good news but the link doesn't seems to work

Chronflow

Reply #13
sry, corrected

Chronflow

Reply #14
Absolutely awesome!

Chronflow

Reply #16
ooooh baby !
- creative x-fi extreme music
- sennheiser 650hd
- F U B A R++

Chronflow

Reply #17
Looks great - I'm sure there'll be lots of early adopters!

Chronflow

Reply #18
This really looks impressive 
But one question what will be shown if no cover is availbale? I haven't yet covers for all albums.

Chronflow

Reply #21
It's great you ask for performance - since I've tuned that quite a lot and I feared noone would notice .

For cpu-usage: while there is no movement, it's exactly 0. The image is only rendered if there is something changed. This changes once you start moving, of course - but I'm using OpenGl, so with hardware-acceleration it' still all right.

For memory footprint: You need to have quite some covers in memory, to be able to render this rapid movement. The covers are loaded into buffer by a separate thread -- if the movement is faster than the buffer allows, you see something like at 0:40 in the video. So the buffer size is one factor  -- I'm buffering 200 covers in the video (what is quite an overkill). The other one is the cover size. I have a lot highres covers, but the size is limited to 512*512 px in the video's setup. With this setup, the memory footprint peaks at 150mb. But with reasonable settings, say 100 Covers, max-size 256*256 the footprint peak goes down to 17MB.

But one question what will be shown if no cover is availbale? I haven't yet covers for all albums.

Either these Albums are not shown, or a "no-cover" image is displayed.

Chronflow

Reply #22
Well it sounds nice !!

The next step is to see it integrated to foobar and see how it behaves to add albums etc..

Good luck for the end of the development of this promising plugin. It will be quite useful as you remember some albums thanks to their album art and forget their names.

Chronflow

Reply #23
My album covers are usually pretty high res too. Would it be possible to let the app make an index of more compressed versions of the covers on first use or something? I believe iTunes does it in a similar way. If you know what I mean.

Chronflow

Reply #24
I have a question,
The source of picture are only tag or can we choose where he must search ?
It's a really beautiful work, I wait for the foobar integrated version