Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: CUETools versions 1.9.5 through 2.1.6 (Read 1894024 times) previous topic - next topic

CUETools versions 1.9.5 through 2.1.5 (current)

Reply #1726
I thought this was just a CUE program thing. apparently it can also convert lossless files? what gives. Can I convert from other types of files?

Use cases are outlined on the CUETools homepage.
(Not much there, documentation-wise, though).

"Convert an album image from one lossless codec to another, preserving CUE sheet structure"
"Supports wav, flac, ape, lossywav and wavpack audio input/output. alac is supported for input only."

The first quote I'm a little confused because I'm pretty sure I didn't have an album  "image", just WavPack track files with the cue sheet.
the second quote I know see implies that it can convert (input/output) those type of files. So basically Yes It can be a converter with those specific files. Pretty cool

Reply #1727
I'm pretty sure I didn't have an album  "image", just WavPack track files with the cue sheet.

True, an "image" is generally one file containing all the audio. But for purposes of CUETools, an album image just means all the audio data from a CD (except maybe track 01 index 00), and unless further specified, it doesn't matter if that audio data is in one big file or in separate files for each track. Such an "image" stands in contrast to "selected tracks" or some other incomplete portion of a CD; most CUETools functions require a complete rip.

Reply #1728
I would like some clarification on a few questions about CueRipper if anyone can help.

If I use CueRipper,exe there doesn't seem to be a way to prepend gaps.  This means that sometimes an HTOA file is created.  No big deal, but it's kind of ugly, especially when it's very small and contains no relevant audio.  (I use 'relevant' in terms of when I add the files to a media player; I realize the relevance of hidden track audio when recreating the original CD.)

There also doesn't seem to be a way to change the name format of the output files.  It's always "%tracknr%. %title".  I would prefer some flexibility in this regard, esp when VA compilations are being ripped.

When I tried ripping by using CueTools.exe, rather than starting CueRipper.exe, I can modify the two above settings.  However, when I try to rip using CueTools.exe, it doesn't appear that metadata/AccurateRip data is queried and filled in.  Am I missing something?

So I'm trying to combine the best of CueRipper.exe and CueTools.exe.  Is the disconnect on my side?

Thanks.

Reply #1729
I would like some clarification on a few questions about CueRipper if anyone can help.

If I use CueRipper,exe there doesn't seem to be a way to prepend gaps.  This means that sometimes an HTOA file is created.  No big deal, but it's kind of ugly, especially when it's very small and contains no relevant audio.  (I use 'relevant' in terms of when I add the files to a media player; I realize the relevance of hidden track audio when recreating the original CD.)
see [a href='index.php?act=findpost&pid=775467']this[/a] for a partial answer and see below.
There also doesn't seem to be a way to change the name format of the output files.  It's always "%tracknr%. %title".  I would prefer some flexibility in this regard, esp when VA compilations are being ripped.

When I tried ripping by using CueTools.exe, rather than starting CueRipper.exe, I can modify the two above settings.  However, when I try to rip using CueTools.exe, it doesn't appear that metadata/AccurateRip data is queried and filled in.  Am I missing something?
CUERipper config = %appdata%/CUERipper/settings.txt
CUETools config = %appdata%/CUE Tools/settings.txt
CUETools profiles = %appdata%/CUE Tools/profile-{profile_name}.txt (replace {profile_name} with the name of the profile)

There isn't any documentation for this but you can change some of the settings like TrackFilenameFormat= to change the name format in CUERipper to match CUETools. Just compare and copy the desired values from the CUE Tools/settings.txt or profile to CUERipper/settings.txt. Just be sure to make backups before changing anything so you can revert back.
korth

Reply #1730
Thanks Korth!

Reply #1731
BTW CUETools/CUERipper uses many of the Foobar2000 commands so you can make TrackFilenameFormat= 'conditional' in either using Control Flow commands.
korth

Reply #1732
you can make TrackFilenameFormat= 'conditional' in either using Control Flow commands.

I tried using
TrackFilenameFormat=%tracknumber% [- %track artist% - ]- %title%
but CueRipper didn't insert the track artist on compilation tracks.
(I also tried it as %trackartist% just for giggles.)
It just did %tracknumber% - %title%

Reply #1733
I tried using
TrackFilenameFormat=%tracknumber% [- %track artist% - ]- %title%
but CueRipper didn't insert the track artist on compilation tracks.
Sorry, I was referring to conditional track numbering, (single disc = 01,02,03; multidisc = 101,102,103...201,202,203).
I see what you're trying to do but I don't think %track artist% is in the metadata. Not all fields are available from (musicbrains, freedb, ctdb) unfortunately.
For compilation discs, the artist listed on the Tracks page of CUERipper is %artist% and on the Meta page is %album artist%. On single artist discs, both have the same value but only %artist% is written to the tags.

BTW, the syntax you would have needed was
TrackFilenameFormat=$if(%track artist%,%tracknumber% - %track artist% - %title%,%tracknumber% - %title%) had the %track artist% field been available. Putting the spaces and dashes between the [] was incorrect.
korth

Reply #1734
[Putting the spaces and dashes between the [] was incorrect.
Well can't re-edit. Ignore that. It would work also if %track artist% had been available.
korth

Reply #1735
So then it's just a matter of switching between my two preferred track naming strings for single artist discs versus multi-artist compilations by modifying settings.txt.  Not ideal, but workable.

Any further comment on this part of my original post:
However, when I try to rip using CueTools.exe, it doesn't appear that metadata/AccurateRip data is queried and filled in. Am I missing something?
?

And thanks again.

Reply #1736
However, when I try to rip using CueTools.exe, it doesn't appear that metadata/AccurateRip data is queried and filled in. Am I missing something?
Confirmed and a good question. Maybe someone else knows why.
korth

Reply #1737
Hi

Tried searching but couldn't find the answer. Does CUEripper support embedding Album Art when creating a FLAC image? If so, how do I set it up.

Presently CUERipper does everything I need (FLAC Image + CUE, Embedded CUE, extraction log, etc). I am trying to consolidate on a single program.

Thanks
Lasko

Reply #1738
Does CUEripper support embedding Album Art when creating a FLAC image?
link
Not currently. Because the source is the CD, it would likely have to be downloaded.
According to the source code repository, coverart search is being added to CTDB 2.0 so it may be a future option.
korth

Reply #1739
I have a question concerning the repair option. I ripped a disc using CUERipper. When I inserted the disc, I saw that the CTDB already had one submission for this particular disc. It turned out my particular disc was damaged (three of the tracks would not rip properly) and the AccurateRip results agree. One real problem with the CTDB is that it accepts the bad rip regardless.

No problem, I thought. Since there was already a submission in the CTDB, I'll just repair my bad rip via CUETools. Here's the problem: CUETools is saying my rip is correct because it is checking against the bad rip I had just inadvertently submitted. The log does show that there is another, AR confirmed version of this disc in the CTDB, but unless I'm missing something here, there does not seem to be any way whatsoever that I can have CUETools refer to the *correct* rip in order for me to repair the bad rip. Is there an option that I am overlooking?

Reply #1740
@Pepzhez - This is the same question I had in the CTDB thread. Gregory's response is [a href='index.php?act=findpost&pid=782763']here (click)[/a].

Reply #1741
Hey boys, I just ripped a new CD and then (obviously) checked with CT.  Disc was not present in CTDB so, as the faithful CTDB contributor I am  , I submitted when asked.
To my big surprise I found this strange 'discs with pregaps not supported in this protocol version' message. Tried 4 or 5 times more with no avail.
What's this all about?
A new submission policy?
What's the purpose?
I ran out of clues. 

Thanks in advance!

Reply #1742
'discs with pregaps not supported in this protocol version' message. Tried 4 or 5 times more with no avail.
What's this all about?
A new submission policy?
What's the purpose?
I ran out of clues. 
I've asked [a href='index.php?act=findpost&pid=782187']here[/a] and [a href='index.php?act=findpost&pid=782923']here[/a] and been asked [a href='index.php?act=findpost&pid=783564']here[/a]. I've had dozens of submissions rejected.
It appears that Gregory is highly focused on the CTDB 2.0 right now. This might just be a temporary byproduct of the new code.
korth

Reply #1743
@Pepzhez - This is the same question I had in the CTDB thread. Gregory's response is [a href='index.php?act=findpost&pid=782763']here (click)[/a].

Thank you! This thread is so unwieldy and long I completely missed that!

Reply #1744
I've asked [a href='index.php?act=findpost&pid=782187']here[/a] and [a href='index.php?act=findpost&pid=782923']here[/a] and been asked [a href='index.php?act=findpost&pid=783564']here[/a]. I've had dozens of submissions rejected.
It appears that Gregory is highly focused on the CTDB 2.0 right now. This might just be a temporary byproduct of the new code.

I'm reading those right now, but I see no answers yet.
Knowing nothing at all of the fact, googled a bit about this new CTDB and found a G+ newsgroup mentioning some 'pregap ignore' from now on, on behalf of per-track ripping mode.
Now, what about those of us who prefer CDImage method for archival and future 'bit-perfect' reproduction purpose? Are we bound to be banned from this new feature?
Sorry but I still see no point on this? It was working so good... 

Regards!

Reply #1745
Cutting up a single FLAC with embedded CUE sheet into per-track FLAC works beautifully from the UI, but when I try to use "cuetools.exe /convert file.flac" from the command prompt there is an error message "Error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object." 
Couple of questions:
Why the error? Maybe somebody knows how one can set the output directory? Come to think of it I'm not even sure how to set the default ouotput format (as mentioned under 'Command Line Options') to get the same result as through the UI.

Thoughts or advice welcome :-)

Reply #1746
I'm reading those right now, but I see no answers yet.
That was my point. Gregory is either being tight-lipped or is extremely busy.
found a G+ newsgroup mentioning some 'pregap ignore' from now on
link The new beta-version of EAC plugin requires an installer??? I don't like where this is headed now either.
{deleted}
korth

Reply #1747
I am sure Gregory will come up with a solution to allow submissions with pregap in the database, just give him some time.

Reply #1748
link[/url] The new beta-version of EAC plugin requires an installer???

Don't know! I haven't installed and don't think I ever get to.
Who needs a plugin rejecting good rips submissions? Not me. 

I am sure Gregory will come up with a solution to allow submissions with pregap in the database, just give him some time.

Amen!

Reply #1749
Hi guys, I used EAC before until I discovered this. It's so much faster than EAC. I have a question and didn't find an answer. I rip to FLAC tracks. However I don't know which Flac to use. There are 4 options in CueRipper:
libFLAC
FLACCL
libFlake
flake