Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_custominfo (Read 189810 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_custominfo

Reply #150
Someone please!! Is there a way to directly edit/set the value set bij the context menu command? Is it possible to edit song info in the playlist?

Or like suggested before, is there someone with programming experience who can do this for us? It shouldn't be too hard really:

Current foo_custominfo database:

Code: [Select]
quicktag (table)
* url (text)
* subsong (integer(8))
* fieldname (text)
* value (text)

I like the subsong field, because that allows us to set custom info for cue sheet files. Plus it oversets the current artist, album, title tags. But I don't understand why there aren't seperate fields for each tag. Is the current way faster than what I suggest?

The only thing foo_custominfo misses for me is that I can't set fields directly (the function to set values is already built in, but through the context menu)

Foosion, mate, please why won't you consider creating this for us? PLEASE!! I honestly think that it shouldn't be too hard to implement. It would make foobar the best player in the world for me. Thanks you guys for the work done already!

foo_custominfo

Reply #151
How can I automatically store the date the song was added to the library into the db? Basically, I would like to have an auto playlist with the 100 latest songs added?

Great plugin by the way, I currently use it for storing rating. And %dateadded% is the only feature left that I need from iTunes.

foo_custominfo

Reply #152
Any chance there could be a way to define how a track is id'ed?(rather than use just the path for that, allowing to define something like filename&filesize, or some other combination not purely based on where the file is located)

It'd really be helpful for people moving files around:)

foo_custominfo

Reply #153
How can I automatically store the date the song was added to the library into the db?

Use foo_cwb_hooks. It provides system date variable and new file tagger functionality.
Sharing delusions since 1991.

foo_custominfo

Reply #154
The server is down? I get a 404... 

foo_custominfo

Reply #157
I'm having some trouble using this with panels UI theme rating buttons.

This seams to be the standard bit of script for rating buttons in a panels UI theme,

$if(%isplaying%,
    $puts(rating,$if2($meta($get(ratingField)),0))
    $button(86,$sub(%_height%,18),0,0,13,13,/images\rating\rating$get(rating).png,/images\rating\rating1.png,TAG:SET:$get(ratingField):1,$if(%glass%,nobkgnd))
    $button(86,$sub(%_height%,18),13,0,12,13,/images\rating\rating$get(rating).png,/images\rating\rating2.png,TAG:SET:$get(ratingField):2,$if(%glass%,nobkgnd))
    $button(86,$sub(%_height%,18),25,0,12,13,/images\rating\rating$get(rating).png,/images\rating\rating3.png,TAG:SET:$get(ratingField):3,$if(%glass%,nobkgnd))
    $button(86,$sub(%_height%,18),37,0,12,13,/images\rating\rating$get(rating).png,/images\rating\rating4.png,TAG:SET:$get(ratingField):4,$if(%glass%,nobkgnd))
    $button(86,$sub(%_height%,18),49,0,13,13,/images\rating\rating$get(rating).png,/images\rating\rating5.png,TAG:SET:$get(ratingField):5,$if(%glass%,nobkgnd))

Or something simmalar to that anyway. Now my questions is how would I make that work to rate with foo_custominfo?

I would appreciate any help.

foo_custominfo

Reply #158
Have the buttons call the Custom Info menu items for rating;
//Rate buttons
        $puts(rW,12)
        $puts(rX,$eval($get(rX) + {$get(columnW) - 5*$get(rW)}/2))
        $puts(rY,$add($get(rY),2))
        $button2($get(rX),$get(rY),$mul($get(rW),4),0,$get(rW),$get(rowH),,,Rate 5,TOOLTIP:"Rate 5")
        $button2($get(rX),$get(rY),$mul($get(rW),3),0,$get(rW),$get(rowH),,,Rate 4,TOOLTIP:"Rate 4")
        $button2($get(rX),$get(rY),$mul($get(rW),2),0,$get(rW),$get(rowH),,,Rate 3,TOOLTIP:"Rate 3")
        $button2($get(rX),$get(rY),$get(rW),0,$get(rW),$get(rowH),,,Rate 2,TOOLTIP:"Rate 2")
        $button2($get(rX),$get(rY),0,0,$get(rW),$get(rowH),,,Rate 1,TOOLTIP:"Rate 1")

foo_custominfo

Reply #159
Have the buttons call the Custom Info menu items for rating;
//Rate buttons
        $puts(rW,12)
        $puts(rX,$eval($get(rX) + {$get(columnW) - 5*$get(rW)}/2))
        $puts(rY,$add($get(rY),2))
        $button2($get(rX),$get(rY),$mul($get(rW),4),0,$get(rW),$get(rowH),,,Rate 5,TOOLTIP:"Rate 5")
        $button2($get(rX),$get(rY),$mul($get(rW),3),0,$get(rW),$get(rowH),,,Rate 4,TOOLTIP:"Rate 4")
        $button2($get(rX),$get(rY),$mul($get(rW),2),0,$get(rW),$get(rowH),,,Rate 3,TOOLTIP:"Rate 3")
        $button2($get(rX),$get(rY),$get(rW),0,$get(rW),$get(rowH),,,Rate 2,TOOLTIP:"Rate 2")
        $button2($get(rX),$get(rY),0,0,$get(rW),$get(rowH),,,Rate 1,TOOLTIP:"Rate 1")

I still can't manage to get it working right. I think I have got the buttons working to set a rating but the 5 heats or whatever it may be doesnt display the current rating.

foo_custominfo

Reply #160
You need to draw/print the hearts/stars/images out as well, use $repeat(*,%rating%)$repeat(-,$sub(5,%rating%)) or something

foo_custominfo

Reply #161
quick question..

should this work (cuz i don't think it does, if not how would i do it)

i want to set the tag %time% as the mod of the system time and 5

I have the following set up in the context menu commands,
Display name:Custom Info/Time
Field name: TIME
Value: $mod(%_SYSTEM_SECOND%,5)

i can't see what wrong... but i have no idea what the limitations are on custominfo.. haven't really used it.
basically i want this done continually (once every second).. is it possible?

foo_custominfo

Reply #163
Everything is ok except

basically i want this done continually (once every second).. is it possible?

so there is no way to gewt the system time (seconds) as a variable in foobar then? cwb hooks doesn't have it in seconds.... and the field name time (in above post) only gets set when a button gets pushed setting the time.

foo_custominfo

Reply #164
I am looking to import information from last.fm into the database of playcounts, but I am having trouble understanding the syntax of the txt file.  How would anyone recommend that I do that?

Thanks!

foo_custominfo

Reply #165
Hi,

Does anyone know how to remove a field so it's actually removed from the custominfo_sqlite.db file? I'm trying to reduce the load on it, but can't see how a single field can be removed without flushing all the fields.

Had a look through this post and elsewhere but didn't find anything.

Any help welcome.
Thanks
C.
PC = TAK + LossyWAV  ::  Portable = Opus (130)

foo_custominfo

Reply #166
Hi,

Does anyone know how to remove a field so it's actually removed from the custominfo_sqlite.db file? I'm trying to reduce the load on it, but can't see how a single field can be removed without flushing all the fields.

Had a look through this post and elsewhere but didn't find anything.

Lets say you want to remove a tag called XYZ

Then under the "Context Menu Commands" in foo_custominfo preferences, add a new entry that sets the tag XYZ to an empty value. Then make sure the "Instead of writing value, remove tag" field is checked. Apply this to all relevant tracks.

foo_custominfo

Reply #167
Lets say you want to remove a tag called XYZ

Then under the "Context Menu Commands" in foo_custominfo preferences, add a new entry that sets the tag XYZ to an empty value. Then make sure the "Instead of writing value, remove tag" field is checked. Apply this to all relevant tracks.

Thanks.    I'd done the first part (intuitively seemed right) but ...
I must be blind; I hadn't even noticed that tick box -- [use with caution!] must have scared me off.
Cheers.
C.
PC = TAK + LossyWAV  ::  Portable = Opus (130)

foo_custominfo

Reply #168
I think I am getting close to be able to reproduce a textfile with a perl script similar to what is produced by the plugin but I have errors when I open it in foobar.  It tells me "filename not valid."

Does anyone have any Idea what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks!

EDIT:  I fixed my first problem by specifying UTF-8 encoding when I wrote the textfile, however now I am getting an error message about an invalid header.  Should I have changed the encoding or is there a different problem with the file format?  The format of the file I create is as follows from my perl script.

open OUTFILE, ">:encoding(UTF-8)", "$outfilename"

print OUTFILE "D08C788A-7F13-40C5-B3B2-E4B4ED99E6F7";
print OUTFILE "\n<Total Tracks>";

print OUTFILE "\nfile://";
print OUTFILE $Location . "\n";
print OUTFILE "0\n4\n12\nPLAY_COUNTER\n";
print OUTFILE length($playedCount) . "\n";
print OUTFILE $playedCount . "\n";
print OUTFILE "12\nFIRST_PLAYED\n";
print OUTFILE length($firstPlayed) . "\n";
print OUTFILE $firstPlayed . "\n";
print OUTFILE "11\nLAST_PLAYED\n";
print OUTFILE length($lastPlayed) . "\n";
print OUTFILE $lastPlayed;

close OUTFILE;

foo_custominfo

Reply #169
Quick question:

How can I make a script to automatically convert custominfo in the text database to an actual tag?

foo_custominfo

Reply #170
Guess tag from tag works nice IIRC.
Sharing delusions since 1991.

foo_custominfo

Reply #171
New to foobar.

I wanted this component so I could create a date-added section. It appears as if the link is down and I cannot find it anywhere else

found the new link like 4 posts up. thnx

foo_custominfo

Reply #172
foobar2000 0.9.5.3 obliterated my custominfo.  As in, it told me custominfo didn't work properly with 0.9.5.3, removed all the songs from my ratings-based autoplaylists, broke my ratings custominfo tag loading, and after installing 0.9.5.2 over it, my custominfo was still ****ed.  Thank God I just copied my foobar2000 folder to my laptop this morning so I didn't lose days worth of library maintenance.

Anyone else had this problem?  Is it because 0.9.5.3 removed whatever API support, whatever that means?

foo_custominfo

Reply #173
foobar2000 0.9.5.3 obliterated my custominfo.  As in, it told me custominfo didn't work properly with 0.9.5.3, removed all the songs from my ratings-based autoplaylists, broke my ratings custominfo tag loading, and after installing 0.9.5.2 over it, my custominfo was still ****ed.  Thank God I just copied my foobar2000 folder to my laptop this morning so I didn't lose days worth of library maintenance.

Anyone else had this problem?  Is it because 0.9.5.3 removed whatever API support, whatever that means?

Yes but thankfully I store my ratings as a tag. I only used custominfo for creating some temporary playlists. I'll probably just store everything in tags going forward since tags can easily be removed.