Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Improving foo_playcount for 0.9 (Read 179655 times) previous topic - next topic

Improving foo_playcount for 0.9

Reply #100
BTW, the official component loses playcount data even if you move or rename files using foobar2000 — this is a bug.
The official foo_playcount was never designed to track item path changes.

OK, let's call this a feature then.
But foosion, will this component ever have an update (No, it works fine, but maybe any further development)? And is it designed only to test new API?
stimulating the audio nerve directly

Reply #101
this was just a proof-of-concept (storing data for tracks in extarnal file / config). it was never ment to be real replacement of the original plugin and imho not going to be updated / developed any further (unless someone else takes over ...)

Reply #103
Hello, is  there any chance to get rid of the progressbar when updating play_counter tags? Also the pause when first tagging a file is very annoying. Thanks.

Reply #104
It seems the development stopped so probarly there wont come anything new.

Reply #105
Hello, is  there any chance to get rid of the progressbar when updating play_counter tags? Also the pause when first tagging a file is very annoying. Thanks.

As stated, by I think foosion, this is not of the foo_playcount plugin, but because of foobar itself. Maybe this will be changed in one of the future betas?!

Reply #106
Cool plugin!

Edit:  Figured out what I was asking. 

Reply #107
EDIT: Sorry I found the answer.

Search is my friend

For the curious
foobar2000 + EAC + Burrrn = Happiness

Reply #109
Sorry, i don't know who develop this component, but there is a problem while using the foobar2000.0.9.3.b1, it seem that it doen't work at all!

I very enjoying this plugin, what is the problem?

Reply #110
Please G-Lite, update this component to work with fb2k 0.9.3.
-=BUMP=-

Reply #111
While (if?) this component is being updated, I think it would be a good idea to add PLAY_STAMP functionality, creating a multi-value field called PLAY_STAMP that (optionally, of course!) added a timestamp value to a track every time it is played.  The new file properties dialog box is designed in such a way that this wouldn't clutter things up at all, and this data could be useful (e.g., in my hotness code  )

Reply #112
While (if?) this component is being updated, I think it would be a good idea to add PLAY_STAMP functionality, creating a multi-value field called PLAY_STAMP that (optionally, of course!) added a timestamp value to a track every time it is played.  The new file properties dialog box is designed in such a way that this wouldn't clutter things up at all, and this data could be useful (e.g., in my hotness code  )

I like this play_stamp tag. But each time playing a song the tag size increases - let' say you have played a song 300 times ....
So: Improvement could be to use the offer of Fermion tu use his plugin foo_custominfo for database-only infos

I've also been working on a mini-sdk (which i'll release in couple of days) that allows other components to easily set their own fields using foo_custominfo. And i hope that components like foo_playcount would some day add an option for this. The sdk also has an interface for implementing other methods for storing the information, in case someone wants to export the info to MySQL or something. Right now there is only the fb2k config storage, but i'll add support for sqlite database, which will be compatible with Quicktag SQL.

Last but not least: I know it was mentioned several times. But because it is so annoying once again: the pop up while writing tags to files.

I think this three features would make foo_playcount complete!

Reply #113
I have been using this plugin for .09 for a while.  Unfortunately, the method in  which itt stores data is not  similar the data format used in the official statistics plugin, and therefore, converting the data generated from this plugin to the correct tags used in the offical statistics plugin is no easy task.  As such, is there any hope that this plugin will be modified so that it can work with the new .93?

Reply #114
please update playcount so its compatible with 0.9.3.1/2 as the one that comes with it sucks...

Reply #115
People, migrate to the official one.
You can easily move PLAY_COUNTER to PLAY_COUNT field and it will work.

Reply #116

That is good news.  My question is can the %last_played% from the unofficial be easily migrated to the corresponding field in the official.  Do both components store the data for %last_played% in the same way when stored in file tags?

Reply #117
That is good news.  My question is can the %last_played% from the unofficial be easily migrated to the corresponding field in the official.  Do both components store the data for %last_played% in the same way when stored in file tags?

There is no way that I know of. The date formats are different AFAIK.

Reply #118

But official plugin don't support FIRST_PLAYED yet. This tag is very important part for statistic calculation.

Reply #119
yes i want first played and last played, otherwise the new official version is useless.... the new last played format doesnt work with any of my scripts...

Reply #120
TO 4nt1

One days (from 0.0.0 to 24.0.0) contains 864000000000 points  from Last_played_timestamp tag.

For new  songs a use new tag first_played_timestamp - create it with masstager from last_layed_timestamp after playing.
For song already in media library  - I delete with masstager tag last_played.
(Already in Advanced setting I check sinchronize  box).

I use Navigator ver 1.4.3 and change next field - "total played"

$if(%play_count%,
%play_count%'x'
$get_global(standard_color_low)' total',

$if(%play_counter%,
%play_counter%'x'
$get_global(standard_color_low)' total')

)

"age"

$if(%first_played_timestamp%,

$add(
$sub($get_global(system_d-2000),
// 2191 - days from millenium to 2006-01-01
$add(2191,
$div(
$sub(%first_played_timestamp%,
// next string is 2006-01-01
          127805328000000000),
// 864000000000 is number points in one day
864000000000)
)
),
1),

// calculate firstplayed-days since millenium
$if(%first_played%,
$puts(first_played,%first_played%)
$puts(firstplayed_d-2000,$add(
$mul($substr($get(first_played),3,4),365),
$select($substr($get(first_played),6,7),0,31,59,90,120,151,181,212,243,273,304,334),
$substr($get(first_played),9,10)))
// calculate days since first play
$puts(days_since_first_play,$max(0,$sub($get_global(system_d-2000),$get(firstplayed_d-2000))))

// age
$add($get(days_since_first_play),1)
$get_global(standard_color_low)' days'

)
)

Reply #121
Where is the latest version of official?

Does it write to tags?

I got 1.0 from pete's site, but that was just a dll in an archive. Where is the config etc etc?
hi

Reply #123
Everyone should use version 1.2, that can be found here
http://www.foobar2000.org/beta/components.html

I think it should be used with the latest beta of foobar2000 v0.9.3. It can write to tags and even if you plainly add PLAY_COUNT field, it will show up as "Played : XX times" in Properties.

Where is the config etc etc?

What config and other misc. are you talking about here?

Edit: ew, beto's faster

Reply #124
No word on any updates for this , I would kill for it to work with foo_custominfo and for it to be able to write track added information.