Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Nero 7.5 released (Read 75259 times) previous topic - next topic

Nero 7.5 released

Nero has released a new major update, Nero 7.5.

Of particular interest:
  • AVC / H.264 High Profile encoding, with multithreaded encoder
  • Blu-ray and HD-DVD support
  • new version of Nero Mobile music player for PDA and SmartPhones
  • Improved mp3PRO support
Main page
Download link

Nero 7.5 released

Reply #1
Thanks, just one question: Yahoo! Toolbar not present anymore or not optional anymore please?
WavPack 5.6.0 -b384hx6cmv / qaac64 2.80 -V 100

Nero 7.5 released

Reply #2
I too cam curious about the Yahoo! Toolbar.  I guess I will see in 3.5 hours.  One additional comment/question though (it has nothing to do with audio encoding):
When will Nero Recode 2 support high resolution mepg-4 AVC encoding with the iPod profile?  The newer 5.5G iPod support mpeg-4 AVC video encoded up to 640X480 and 1500kbps.  Additionally, Apple updated the older 5G iPod firmware to be compatible with these higher resolution and higher bitrate videos.

If Nero Recode 2 supports high resolution mpeg-4 AVC encoding in the iPod profile then thanks.

Now I will have to wait and go through all the new features, thanks.

Nero 7.5 released

Reply #3
Cool now i'll just wait for the micro installer version for it.
Blueray and HD DVD support too, one step ahead I see. Drives cost $1000.

Nero 7.5 released

Reply #4
Won't it pay off for Nero to address the size issue at some stage? It would sure make a lot of people happy. The package has increased with 60MB again to 189MB. I can't imagine Nero likes to waste as much bandwidth as possible?

Nero 7.5 released

Reply #5
Won't it pay off for Nero to address the size issue at some stage? It would sure make a lot of people happy. The package has increased with 60MB again to 189MB. I can't imagine Nero likes to waste as much bandwidth as possible?

it's only 189mb until you try to install it...  then you'll have over 500MB of crap in your temp files folder (which never gets deleted) plus whatever gets copied over to the program files folder.  IOW you'll have over a gig of Nero on your disk if you do a default install. 
Thanks garf, it's a pretty good chunk of programs despite the size.

Nero 7.5 released

Reply #6
One more thing: how come you no longer state below your avatar you're a Nero MP4 dev Garf?
Did I miss something?

Nero 7.5 released

Reply #7
Garf, what about interlaced support in newest H.264 encoder? I heard that Nero 7.5 still doesn't have it.

And, can new H.264 encoder fully utilize future Quad-core Intel, Core 2 Quadro?

Nero 7.5 released

Reply #8
One other quick question, when is Windows Vista compatibility coming?
thanks

Nero 7.5 released

Reply #9
it's only 189mb until you try to install it...  then you'll have over 500MB of crap in your temp files folder (which never gets deleted) plus whatever gets copied over to the program files folder.  IOW you'll have over a gig of Nero on your disk if you do a default install. 
Thanks garf, it's a pretty good chunk of programs despite the size.
Nero is following the lead of Microsoft... and Adobe... and Symantec... and...

Nero 7.5 released

Reply #10
It appears at least the AVC encoder is completely broken and generates way oversized files.

I hope your downloads didn't finish yet....

Nero 7.5 released

Reply #11
It appears at least the AVC encoder is completely broken and generates way oversized files.

Oh noes!

Nero 7.5 released

Reply #12

I still got mine queued in GetRight... will the filename be the same after fixing? And more importantly: When will it be fixed?

Gee, I'd better get it off the queue in the meanwhile...

Nero 7.5 released

Reply #13
I just used the AVC encoder a bit ago in 7.5.1.1, but didn't check the file size, it seemed to work great though.

Nero 7.5 released

Reply #14

Can you explain how to reproduce?

Nero 7.5 released

Reply #15
Finally h.264 high profile!

It was something like 1.5 years between core encoder beeing ready and integration into Nero suite. I was really wondering if it would be integrated one day.

Nero 7.5 released

Reply #16
Also, some will notice that now Recode is also using new Nero AAC encoder for the best possible quality.

Nero 7.5 released

Reply #18
The burning part works reliable, and apart from two annoying bugs (sorting of files in the compilation window and selecting speed for DVD copying) is pretty much usable now. But I seriously haven't seen a Recode version that would work. The ammount of bugs we've seen in Recode is simply ridiculous.

Nero 7.5 released

Reply #19
Finally h.264 high profile!

It was something like 1.5 years between core encoder beeing ready and integration into Nero suite. I was really wondering if it would be integrated one day.

Yes. And it's broken. 1,5 years is too much.  During this period 2 high quality H.264 High Profile  encoders  have released. x264 and Elecard/Mainconcept AVC. Competitors won't wait. Elecard is preparing a really BOMB!  New beta AVC is actually very fast with highest quality.

Nero 7.5 released

Reply #20
This software is a complete embarrasment.. One of the worst I have ever encountered (since its 7-th version).

Nero 7.5 released

Reply #21
This software is a complete embarrasment.. One of the worst I have ever encountered (since its 7-th version).

I do think we still require arguments and reasons, particularly before making such a generalizing statement.

Nero 7.5 released

Reply #22
Garf, can you please answer my two questions (Yahoo! Toolbar and your "title" change)? Thanks.

Nero 7.5 released

Reply #23

I do think we still require arguments and reasons, particularly before making such a generalizing statement.

His reasoning may be bare but I agree with him.

Nero obviously has moved far away from being a burner. For that purpose it *was* the best around, years ago. Now it's just another part of a fat bloated 'shovelware' suite full of stuff that i'm sure most people never make much use of.

I see what Ahead are trying to do. Unfortunately this puts them in the same market as Microsoft and many others who want to own the whole media 'experience' on a users electronics. Like Microsoft you figure that the effect on installing this shovelware on a PC is marginal. Unfortunately your suite doesn't run in isolation. It'll be installed on plenty of PCs with WMP, Realplayer, Quicktime etc. All with their own file association stealing apps and added advertorial crap. Maybe most users don't care but I do. It annoys me when I see someones PC that i'm fixing is slower than mine even though the nominal spec is double that of my own, purely due to all the startup crap installed and 'software updaters'.

And when you do everything, you don't do it properly. Recode is horrible. Burning Rom is now horrible. I use cdburner XP pro nopwadays, which is free, because it does as much as I want. Smartstart is just taking the piss out of the user. I don't know anyone who uses the cd cover generator tool more than once or twice before giving up.

Ahead, please, stop trying to own the media market (you won't), hows about giving us a break and using your undoubted technical skills to create lightweight apps with industry standard GUIs that don't need a gig of space to install? I'd probably buy another license if you did. Thereis a reason that people do remixed lite and portable versions of Nero...

Nero 7.5 released

Reply #24
seanyseansean's right, Nero 7 has unfortunately gone the Roxio way, I'm keeping Nero 6.6.1.4 as my main CD/DVD app (burning with ImgBurn tho) but don't mind testing new releases anyway.