Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Is there any radio listing plugin (Read 3376 times) previous topic - next topic

Is there any radio listing plugin

I know I can add radio stream from File->Add location, but I was wondering if there's some plugin that provides the ability to browse all radio stations

Reply #1
please define 'all radio stations' and where to obtain that list

Reply #3
Download and install Zoom player - it comes with huge genre sorted radio station database (14 000 stations I guess). Move stations (.pls text files) to preferred location and uninstall Zoom player. Browse stations with foo_navigator. Enjoy.

Reply #4
but won't that list get outdated as radios change their location?

Reply #5
I found out that shoutcast has some sort of API that let's you get their radio lists: http://wiki.winamp.com/wiki/SHOUTcast_Radio_Directory_API
I know PHP pretty good and I think I could make a webpage that pulls out that info with the curl and simplexml libraries, but how do I integrate it with the foobar playlist?

Reply #6
but won't that list get outdated as radios change their location?
The same applies to any list, which is as much as you’re going to get in lieu of the mystical “browse all radio stations” plugin whose existence you supposed in your opening post.  Considering the scale of the internet and, as far as I’m aware, the lack of any centralised registry that all online streams are advised to join, I highly doubt such a thing is possible. Playlists collated by third parties and supplied as downloads, or integrated into applications such as iTunes, are probably the closest you’ll get. Probably there is a source for such lists other than the one bundled with Zoom. With luck, users with experience of online radio can advise you there.

Reply #7
I found out that shoutcast has some sort of API that let's you get their radio lists:

i think you'd be wasting your time with that.

XML Caching

Do not cache the XML for more than 1 day, as station ID's can and will change.

Reply #8
that's not a problem i guess..
but how do I get a developer ID ? :/
there's no sign up on their site