Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: New nero 5.5.10.15 and aac (Read 5347 times) previous topic - next topic

New nero 5.5.10.15 and aac

Reply #1
It should - check out the aac.dll and aacenc.dll files in your plug-in directory of NERO - they should be 2.4.0.x

Reply #2
Thanks, Ivan, for your answer, you really are fast as a lightining. Yes, I have the updated plugin know, thank you very much.. I really love this "little" piece of software!!

How about resampling quality, upgrading to 5.5.10.15 reset Sinc-Quality back to default 50. Maybe fixed in next version or least in nero6??

For those who don't remember the resampling "issue", a little quote from Ivan Dimkovic:

full

Resampling on HA
part of the thread above:
2. Set resampling quality to highest -

... File / ... Preferences / ... Plug-in Lookup

Then, select "Ahead RAW Audio Converter"

Then, switch from "Playback" to "Other Purposes" (combo box)

Set resampling quality to "Sinc" - Quality 100

Reply #3
WTF is with the mp4 encoder in Nero? I still can't encode a multichannel wav file. Everytime I try to input the .wav file, I get a error, the same error that I got right back with the very first version of the .mp4/.aac plugin. I thought the bug was fix Ivan? Getting lazy now???

Reply #4
Ivan told me that the problem is the Nero Pluginmanager not handling multichannel audio correctly yet. The encoder and decoder would be otherwise capable for it already. They are working on it.
Juha Laaksonheimo

Reply #5
WTF is with the mp4 encoder in Nero? I still can't encode a multichannel wav file. Everytime I try to input the .wav file, I get a error, the same error that I got right back with the very first version of the .mp4/.aac plugin. I thought the bug was fix Ivan? Getting lazy now???

Seriously, handling multichannel files has nothing to do with my area of work    I told responsible people to add multichannel audio support into the Nero AudioPluginManager, and I will tell them again...

Reply #6
It should - check out the aac.dll and aacenc.dll files in your plug-in directory of NERO - they should be 2.4.0.x

WTH?

I just checked my aac.dll and it's showing 2.0.0 and I bought Nero and the MP4 plugin last night since my demo encodes ran out.

Anyway, do I need to run the 5.5.10.15 install again to get the correct aac.dll version? I can't seem to get a version number on aacenc32.dll, so I have no clue if that's the newest. Strange that I uninstalled my demo version of 5.5.10.0 I beleive it was, then installed 5.5.10.15a, and finally installed the mpeg4aac.exe. Is the .dll in the mpeg4aac.exe older and over-writing the 5.5.10.15 version? I would think that there is a version check before the new .dll is copied, but maybe not. I'll go install 5.5.10.15 again and see what happens.

OK just answered my own question. The mpeg4aac.exe DOES overwrite the existing .dll's. So to get the latest versions of the .dll's, make sure you run the latest Nero setup again and select update.