Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: VLC - always on top? (Read 73799 times) previous topic - next topic

VLC - always on top?

How to make VLC 'always on top'?? (temporarily)

Thanks.

VLC - always on top?

Reply #1
Click Video -> Always on top?

VLC - always on top?

Reply #2
Doh. Thx.

VLC - always on top?

Reply #3
What is annoying about this is that you have to be in video mode in order to make the player on top.  You can't do this while playing audio.  I actually downloaded a free WMV file off the Internet just so I could play the file and then mark it as "always on top."  Then I switched to audio.

I wish that the VLC team would fix this so that those of us who mainly use VLC for music could mark the player as "always on top" without this workaround.

VLC - always on top?

Reply #5
What is annoying about this is that you have to be in video mode in order to make the player on top.  You can't do this while playing audio.  I actually downloaded a free WMV file off the Internet just so I could play the file and then mark it as "always on top."  Then I switched to audio.

I wish that the VLC team would fix this so that those of us who mainly use VLC for music could mark the player as "always on top" without this workaround.

you could start the player with --video-on-top switch (did not actually test this).
PANIC: CPU 1: Cache Error (unrecoverable - dcache data) Eframe = 0x90000000208cf3b8
NOTICE - cpu 0 didn't dump TLB, may be hung

VLC - always on top?

Reply #6
you could start the player with --video-on-top switch (did not actually test this).

Perfect.
I don't know about anyone else, but this is exactly what i needed.

(vlc 2.0.9, tested, works)