Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Albums with multiple disks (Read 5653 times) previous topic - next topic

Albums with multiple disks

Hi,

My Knowledge on ripping, formats, tags etc is limited so apologies in advance.

Yesterday i ripped a two disk album with EAC,  to FLAC. Once completed, i added the album to the library in Foobar then added it to playlist. However once added its showing up like this:

As you can see, both disks are showing as separate albums. I like both disks to be under the same title, then separated by disk number. Could it be something to do with my tagging? See below

-8 -V -T "ARTIST=%artist%" -T "TITLE=%title%" -T "ALBUM=%albumtitle%" -T "DATE=%year%" -T "TRACKNUMBER=%tracknr%" -T "GENRE=%genre%" -T "COMMENT=%comment%" -T "BAND=%albuminterpret%" -T "COMPOSER=%composer%" %haslyrics%--tag-from-file=LYRICS="%lyricsfile%"%haslyrics% -T "TOTALDISCS=%totalcds%" -T "TOTALTRACKS=%numtracks%" %hascover%--picture="%coverfile%"%hascover% %source% -o %dest%

Any help to fix this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Reply #1
The album name found in the database by EAC happened to include the disc number, which is common because each disc needs to be uniquely identified in the database.

You can edit the album name in EAC before starting the rip.  You can also edit the song names, artist, genre, year, etc.  Those changes will end-up your tags.    Or, if the album is not found in the database, you can enter the information manually, and the files will be tagged appropriately.

For tag editing, I use MP3Tag, or the tag editor built into Winamp. (Mp3Tag will work with FLAC.)

There should be a tag for disc number, if you want to use that.  (I normally rip to MP3, and there is an ID3 tag for the disc number.)

I treat it as one album.  Here's what I do -
- I rip the discs to separate folders and usually they have different album names.
- Then, I re-number the tracks in the 2nd disc (in your case, starting with 16).
- Re-name the albums to match.
- Put them all in the same folder.

I pretty-much ingnore the disc number tag, but EAC usually finds it in the database so it's usually correct.    (It's all one album, but it didn't happen fit onto one CD.)

Reply #2
Hi

Thanks for the advice. I knew about editing album name, song name etc. Ive edited both the album names to match, however they are still showing as separate albums (see screenshot below) Ive even added a disk number tag in Foobar. Just seems strange.

Reply #3
Can you post a screenshot of your SimPlaylist Groups preferences page?

EDIT:

If yes, be sure to select the preset on that page that you are currently using.

Reply #4
There is a space at the end of the album tag of disc two.