Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Can’t get same CRC when I burn/re-rip it. Due to absence of cue-sheet? (Read 9626 times) previous topic - next topic

Can’t get same CRC when I burn/re-rip it. Due to absence of cue-sheet?

Reply #26
...I want to see the correct CRC when I rerip and I will be done testing. I want to see it at least once...

OK, do this:

1) Set your read offset in EAC (in my case +102).
2) RIP some retail CD - the whole thing - all tracks!
3) Burn the whole thing - all tracks! - to CD-R(W) with write offset set to 0!
4) RIP the CD-R(W) you have just created.
5) Compare one of the tracks from the folder of the retail RIP with the same numbered track from the CD-R(W) folder of the second RIP.
6) Set the write offset accordingly (missing samples from 5) mean -samples, repeated samples from 5) mean +samples) (in my case +30).
7) Write the files from RETAIL RIP folder again on CD-R(W).
8) RIP the 2nd recorded CD-R(W).
9) CRCs between RETAIL RIP and the last CD-R(W) RIP must match!

I've done it one more time, just to be sure that I give you exact instructions... it just works, but you must follow instructions.
My drive: HL-DT-STDVDRRW GSA-H30L S856
lame -V 0

Reply #27
...or you can burn an offset test CD with the write samples offset set to 0.

You then run EAC's "Detect read sample offset correction test" (uncheck the "Use AccurateRip with this drive" setting)

The number returned is the combined read/write sample offset correction.

Calculate the write samples offset:

Write samples offset = (combined read/write sample offset correction) - (read sample offset correction)

The read sample offset correction is the offset correction for the drive performing the detect read sample offset correction test.  Use the value that was determined by AccurateRip.

Reply #28
Again, I need answers here:

1) Does the writing speed influence the quality of the writing? I've read it does but how do I test all the speeds without throwing away 2000 CD-Rs? Are CD-RW good for tests and quality burning?

2) Once I set the write offset do I have to burn the full disc or just one song to rerip and test?

3) If one song is not enough (on question 2), does the CUE file make a difference when I burn the full album for the rerip's CRC?

Thanks.

Here you go:

1) If the burn is successful, it shouldn't matter what writing speed you use. CD-RWs are perfectly OK for the test - I just used a CD-RW (didn't want to waste CD-Rs) for my previous post with instructions.

2) I don't want to think so much at the moment, so I'd suggest for the first time you do this, burn the full disc, just to be sure...

3) No, CUE file doesn't make any difference, I've just tried... however, be sure that if you burn without CUE file, you uncheck the option "Add 2 Second Gap On Append" under "Layout" and add your files with the first of the funcions under "Layout".

I hope you'll get the satisfaction of getting the same CRC from retail and CD-R(W) rip soon... you're so close, just do as we tell you and you should make it!
I nothing else... I could volunteer to connect to your computer via TeamViewer and do it for you...
lame -V 0