Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Foo_msn (Read 235906 times) previous topic - next topic

Foo_msn

Edit: See http://www.myplugins.info for updated version. 2.2

Now supports Messenger 7.0.0632 & 7.0.0777

Updated version now has support for configuration.

Foo_msn

Reply #2
Ok, I fixed up the pause/resume problem.

I think it would be nice if someone made a nice GUI, or otherwise made it configurable for the formatting, like I have for Toaster.

Hopefully this .zip wont be corrupt.

Foo_msn

Reply #3
Thank you shaneh, so fassst! 
Plugin works 100%.
I experienced zip archive corruption again, but maybe guilt of win xp internal zip manager. WinRAR opens successfully.

Foo_msn

Reply #5
WinRAR wouldn't open it for me but using Tools > Repair archive proved successful. 

Foo_msn

Reply #6
No problems for me extracting the file with PowerArchiver .

Foo_msn

Reply #7
BTW, somehow I forgot to say... thanks for this class plugin!

Just applied the Mess Patch from mess.be to switch it to Artist - Track and now I'm set to go!

Thanks again for a great plugin! 

Foo_msn

Reply #8
Hello again. I think I'm missing something , I extracted the file in the zip to the Components folder and I turned on the "What I'm listening to" feature in MSN Messenger but I only get <Unknown Title> - <Unknown Artist> .

All my mp3 are correctly tagged. I need to configure something? .

Cheers and thank you in advance.

EDIT: I'm using Windows Me. Maybe this feature is only available for Windows XP/2000?

Foo_msn

Reply #9
For anyone experiencing zip corruption

Foo_msn

Reply #10
New problem, i have saw that the plug-in doesn't work with stream tag...

The plug-in shows the name of the radio ( like : "? - Frequence 3")

When i'm deleting the name of the radio, it shows "? - ?"

PS: I'm french, sorry for my english...

Foo_msn

Reply #11
Thats because it just uses %title% and %artist% for the track. What is needed is a configuration where you can specify the tag particulars that you want. I do this with toaster with (basically):

$if(ishttp, %httptitle%, %tracktitle%)

You would need to modify the source to either make this configurable, or put in the appropriate tags required for foobar to pick up the correct info.

Foo_msn

Reply #12
thank you for the plugin !
I had to repaired the archive with winrar, attachment is the repaired version

Foo_msn

Reply #13
Note that the Toaster plugin Ive posted in this forum has the ability to update MSN titles too. It will also let you format the titles to be updated.

Its possible to configure toaster to not show the popups but still update the msn titles if thats what you want.

Foo_msn

Reply #14
Hi Shaneh,
I'm using MSN Messenger 7.0.0632 and foobar with your latest foo_msn plugin (got from http://www.myplugins.info/).
It's good it now displays artist name first.

When I click on the title in Messenger window, MSN Music window appears as in the screenshot. The album name is right, but the artist seems to be got from the track title... 
I tried foo_toaster 0.1.6 and it works correctly instead.

Greetings and thanks for your work.

Foo_msn

Reply #15
hmmm, i mustve put it the wrong way 'round. If I fix it, the artist name and title will be reversed again, the same as in WMP.

This is customizable, but foo_msn doesnt have this, use foo_toaster for customisation. You should not use foo_msn with foo_toaster together. I dont see why anyone would want to click on it anyway.. ?

Foo_msn

Reply #16
If I fix it, the artist name and title will be reversed again, the same as in WMP.

Yes I noticed, they are reversed with WMP and iTunes.
With both foo_toaster (by customization) and foo_msn I have the good order (artist - title) displayed, but: foo_toaster sends the artist name in the correct way (see following screenshot); foo_msn does not (see screenshot in my previous post).
If possible, I would like to keep using foo_msn because I don't need the (nice!!) features of foo_toaster for now.

I dont see why anyone would want to click on it anyway.. ?

I agree it's useless you click on your own songs, but sometimes I want to click on the ones of my contacts to get some info.
All things considered it's not a serious issue - album title is obtained correctly so I can get info in other ways.
Thanks again!

Foo_msn

Reply #17
I have now updated the plugin to support some basic configuration, as well as made the source code public again.

Its available at http://www.myplugins.info

Some further improvements may be to add some better support for http streams etc. Feel free to make updates and send them to me

Foo_msn

Reply #18
Great update!! Thanks shaneh!

Foo_msn

Reply #20
Wm/ID is just windows media content id garbage. You can put whatever you want in there, and use it as an extra field if you like, through the {3} selector.

Be advsied this will be sent to all your contacts even if you arent showing it. When you click on a contacts currently playing song, it uses the fields to try locate the song. If WM/ID is present, it may use that field to try locate the song. So I suppose you could be clever and set it to the wmid of some britney speares song to give people clicking on your song a cute surprise. I assume if the WMID isn't valid, it then uses the album/artist/title to try locate the song.

I havent really experimented with it that much, but the WMP seems to use that field for that purpose, so its labeled as such.

Foo_msn

Reply #22
omg i leave for a week and everything i was gonna post about magicly shows up omg ur guys r alsome thanx for all the hard work i wubz j00 yallz

btw works alsome im in love no more wmp to soo friends and family what im jammin 2 thanx sooooooooooooooooooooooo much wmp is a resource hog

Foo_msn

Reply #23
omg i leave for a week and everything i was gonna post about magicly shows up omg ur guys r alsome thanx for all the hard work i wubz j00 yallz

btw works alsome im in love no more wmp to soo friends and family what im jammin 2 thanx sooooooooooooooooooooooo much wmp is a resource hog
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=298110"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Ever read TOS #10?

Foo_msn

Reply #24
Can anyone help? The plug-in was working fine 12 hours ago, and now it doesn't seem to work.