Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: gogo / Fb2k command line failure (Read 5723 times) previous topic - next topic

gogo / Fb2k command line failure

Wanted to check Gogo mp3 encoder (Need for speed ) Got the CLI from rarewares. I'm struggling with the Converter command line of fb2k. What do you think is wrong? Latest Fb2k on Vista.

FB2K Command line gogo.exe parameters are: -v 5 -m j stdin %d

An error occurred while writing to file (The encoder has terminated prematurely with code 1; please re-check parameters) : "M:\Musik\_Transfer\Auto\Delius\03. A Song Before Sunrise.mp3"
Additional information:
Encoder stream format: 44100Hz / 2ch / 24bps
Command line: "M:\Musik\foobar2000\encoders\gogo.exe" -v 5 -m j stdin "03. A Song Before Sunrise.mp3"
Working folder: M:\Musik\_Transfer\Auto\Delius\

Reply #1
I've never used Gogo, but you may change the lower case letter v into an upper case letter V.

Reply #2
try %s instead of stdin.
FB2K,APE&LAME

Reply #3

Change "Highest BPS mode supported" to 16.

Reply #4

Piping appears to work, but I don't think gogo supports 24-bit pcm input. You could try if changing the "Highest BPS mode supported" setting to 16 fixes the problem.

You could also try ABR instead of VBR. The old -V settings were not as matured as the tuned VBR settings in LAME are now. In my personal test -a -b 137 produced quite acceptable quality: http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....st&p=585368

EDIT

As lvqcl said. He posted while I was searching the test link.

EDIT2

Here is a link to a more comprehensive test presentation: http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....st&p=574990.  There is also an encoding speed comparison.

Reply #5
[Edited my complete article. I was confused]

It was the BPS mode, thanks for your replies!

Unfortunately Gogo is not as fast as I hoped. Vorbis Lancer is at 33x here, whereas Gogo runs at 22x.
EDIT: This isn't quite correct. For whatever reason, from the same hard disk, fb2k+gogo encoding goes at >40x from a "tak level 5" source, but from a "tak level 2" only at 25x. (For the non tak users: tak 5 is highest compression).

Reply #6
have you tried the Helix encoder?  I found that to be pretty fast back when I'd use it - IIRC it's based on gogo and it's more recent, though I don't know if it's supposed to be faster...

Reply #7
Squeller, have you tried Helix if encoding speed is so important?

Reply #8
fb2k+gogo encoding goes at >40x from a "tak level 5" source, but from a "tak level 2" only at 25x.

It can be caused by different fragmentation of these files. And you can download contig.exe from Sysinternals (http://technet.microsoft.com/sysinternals or just from http://live.sysinternals.com/ ) and defragment .tak files before your tests.

Reply #9
Yes I tried Helix. I thought Gogo was faster but this is not true. Helix is faster in any case here. I'll use Helix then.

I don't care too much about the codec. I encode from a lessless source to whatever my target devices support. I really like Nero AAC (supported by my wifes and my car radio device) but I tend to encode with a worse codec like Helix and add an extra "no artifacts" security margin. Encodes at 200 kbps are not a problem. Hey, we have 8 GB usb sticks and I don't need the whole collection on that one...

Helix mp3 at 60x is a massive difference to neroaacenc.exe at 15x.

Reply #10
when size doesn't matter, try gogo at 320 kbps CBR. The CBR mode is faster than VBR in encoding process. On my Core2 Duo Gogo encodes slightly faster than Helix.
FB2K,APE&LAME

Reply #11
I've had the same troubles. Then I tried version  3.12 of gogo and everything WORKS FINE!
So try it ;-)

Reply #12
Can anyone tell me the commandline/bps-mode for Helix and fb2k?
Thx