Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Foobar loses configuration .. (Read 3714 times) previous topic - next topic

Foobar loses configuration ..

.. now and then when powering down without closing Foobar (0.7 special) first. Upon reboot, foobar asks for which interface to start with. The configuration is lost, inlcuding format strings and database. This happens infrequently - no chance to predict.

regards,

Sven

Reply #1
Not here. What OS are you running?

Reply #2
doesn't happen here too - the only thing i noticed is that fb2k only saves its configuration when you close the programm. Which means that when fb2k doesn't close properly, it does not save its configuration - it does not SAVE its configuration, but it doesn't DELETE its configuration here.

- Lyx
I am arrogant and I can afford it because I deliver.

Reply #3
i've noticed this in 2k and XP. only it happens after a major crash. the crashes have been in association with using netjuke to send URLs to fb2k.

Reply #4
Perhaps some sort of automatic database and configuration saving should be implemented to prevent dataloss?

Reply #5
My machine is running XP Pro. No crashes, no netjuke. It's just that Foobar is playing when I press the power-off button (I'm so lazy). I have not seen Foobar losing its config (or whatever you want to call it) when I properly shut it down and then power off the puter.

regards,

Sven

Reply #6
umm, if you're intentionally cutting an NT-Machine from power-supply....... *doesn't know what to say*

whatever..... fb2k saving its config from time to time would be a nice feature. I lost hours of string-programming because a crash happened and everything done in this session was lost, because i forgot to quit the session from time to time to do a config-backup.
I am arrogant and I can afford it because I deliver.

Reply #7
Perhaps you should ask someone who has basic clue how computers work about effects of turning the power off. If you continue doing this, you will probably soon have far worse problems than that, such as file system corruption.
Anyway, this topic is pointless, and there is no workaround for this "problem", closing.
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.