Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Plextools Pro + Premium undetected errors (Read 9143 times) previous topic - next topic

Plextools Pro + Premium undetected errors

Reply #25
So in summary
If Plextools has no errors the rip is probably OK, it was in all my attempts.
If Plextools reports an unrecovered error, there are probably recovered errors nearby some of which may not have correct data.
If Plextools only reports recovered errors, the data may or may not be correct.

Not what I had wanted to see 

Bobwood, did you try different correction modes? (3, 4, 5)

By the way, what's the unit of measurement of the BER figures you quote ?
BER indicates a fraction, so there is no unit of measurement.

Reply #26
Quote from: liekloo,Jul 26 2005, 06:06 AM

Quote from: bobwood,Apr 26 2005, 08:19 AM
So in summary
If Plextools has no errors the rip is probably OK, it was in all my attempts.
If Plextools reports an unrecovered error, there are probably recovered errors nearby some of which may not have correct data.
If Plextools only reports recovered errors, the data may or may not be correct.

Not what I had wanted to see 

Bobwood, did you try different correction modes? (3, 4, 5)

As best as I an remember I used mode 5.
I did however have the allow slowdown box unchecked.  When the I allowed slowdown or just set the speed to 8X there were fewer if any read errors.

Reply #27
Thanks for your reply.
I asked because your results made me wonder whether Plextools actually tested whether its corrected data is actually correct. Since the different modes (3,4,5) are slightly different recovery methods, the results could vary as well.

Maybe I'll try to re-do your test myself - I have Plextools too. But not one of these days or even weeks - no time, I can't afford it