Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: V. 1.2.3 - Pops and clicks liestening some MP3 files (Read 2270 times) previous topic - next topic

V. 1.2.3 - Pops and clicks liestening some MP3 files

Hi all,

I updated my FB200 at latest stable vrsion (V. 1.2.3) and use it in WASAPI (updated to the latest version) mode in a W/ 64bit PC.
My "adudio card" is an external USB 3.0 Musiland Monitor 03US; it works correctly, tested with DPC Checker.
With some (not all) MP3 files, I can sometimes hear posp and clicks; I didn't have this issue in the previous versions.
Now I'm listening some MP3 songs of Philip Glass (from "Mishima" album) and this issue is very annoying.
Have you noticed something else about this issue?
What can I do to fix this?

Thanks a lot in advance,
Egidio

P.S.: If I listen these files with another player I don't have these pops and clicks ...

Reply #1
I would be helpful if you could upload one of the tracks making extra noises. You should be able to upload a sample here.

Reply #2
I would be helpful if you could upload one of the tracks making extra noises. You should be able to upload a sample here.

Thanks a lot!
I'll try this evening at home.

Reply #4
The track you uploaded suffers from audible clipping. There are several ways to solve this simple problem. You could turn on ReplayGain and amplitude would be lowered enough to fix it. You could also turn down the player volume. You could switch to DirectSound output and Windows would handle the clipping parts by lowering volume momentarily fixing the nasty pops. Or you can enable Advanced limited DSP to do pretty much the same with your current output mode.

I noticed that Windows Media Player is especially bad with your sample file. It clips the signal while decoding and no matter how low the volume is the output sounds clipped.

Reply #5
The track you uploaded suffers from audible clipping. There are several ways to solve this simple problem. You could turn on ReplayGain and amplitude would be lowered enough to fix it. You could also turn down the player volume. You could switch to DirectSound output and Windows would handle the clipping parts by lowering volume momentarily fixing the nasty pops. Or you can enable Advanced limited DSP to do pretty much the same with your current output mode.

I noticed that Windows Media Player is especially bad with your sample file. It clips the signal while decoding and no matter how low the volume is the output sounds clipped.

Thank you very much Case,

I turned on ReplayGain and the situation is much improved.  I'll find the same traks in better conditions 

Ciao,
Egidio