Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: I used EAC+PlexTools but PT doesn’t support my new offset—other progs? (Read 2408 times) previous topic - next topic

I used EAC+PlexTools but PT doesn’t support my new offset—other progs?

Hello!

I recently purchase a Plextor PX-L890SA, my old 504 comes to an end! My problem is that I use for ripping, EAC and PlexTools 3.13, simultaneously with a Plextor  161040, which still works perfectly, giving me four extractions to compare each other; yes, I'm a perfectionnist! The problem? The offset of the 890 is +6, I must thus wait for an overread of 24 bytes in my extractions, and that's OK with EAC. With Plextools 3.13 (and also 3.16 I tried!), no overread, but a displacing of all the file with 24 bytes! I explain: if the hexadecimal adress of the first no null byte is X with EAC, it's X-18 (24 hexadecimal) with PlexTools, and in all tracks of a CD! I know PlexToolds is very old, but is it an other reliable software (excluding, of course, EAC, that I already use) that I can use to replace it? PlexTools don't give any offset information with this drive!

Thanks!

Deuterium

I used EAC+PlexTools but PT doesn’t support my new offset—other progs?

Reply #2
Great! I've already heard about Foobar 2000, I will try it... in november, because of holidays!

Thanks for your feedback!

Deuterium