Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Can't rip Queens of the Stone Age (Read 4788 times) previous topic - next topic

Can't rip Queens of the Stone Age

I am using EAC to rip Songs for the Deaf to lame mp3 and the last 3 or 4 tracks will not rip.  EAC slows to a crawl and error correction kicks in and just stops.  Is there a way around this?  I turned off autorun in the registry and tried holding down shift when inserting the cd.

Reply #1
I am using EAC to rip Songs for the Deaf to lame mp3 and the last 3 or 4 tracks will not rip.  EAC slows to a crawl and error correction kicks in and just stops.  Is there a way around this?  I turned off autorun in the registry and tried holding down shift when inserting the cd.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=326506"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hmm, must be your disc....mine copied fine using EAC and the profiles from bestmp3

Reply #2
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=326506"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hmm, must be your disc....mine copied fine using EAC and the profiles from bestmp3
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=326508"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

It may be his drive also.. some drives have more problems with copy protection than others.

So, you could try to rip it using another CD drive, if available.

Reply #3

Yes, but first you could try to rip it using another ripping program
Try Nero=> Save Tracks... to wavs and then do whatever you want with them.

Reply #4
I had problems with Songs for the Deaf as it has a hidden track at INDEX 0 on TRACK 01.  See this post for more info.

Can't see why that would affect the last 3-4 tracks though.
I'm on a horse.

Reply #5
[span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%']@dorkus_malorkus[/span]

Try ripping using Burst Mode in EAC.
I ripped my Coldplay X&Y that way; no pops and clicks produced.
If it's also the case w/ you then all is good. =)

[span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'][edit][/span]
Oh, and try ripping using a CD writer.
The last 2 tracks of my copy of SMOMA couldn't be ripped using standard CD-ROM drive.
I used a CD writer drive and everything went fine.
[span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'][/edit][/span]

Reply #6
Try ripping using Burst Mode in EAC.
I ripped my Coldplay X&Y that way; no pops and clicks produced.
If it's also the case w/ you then all is good. =)
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=326540"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I tried burst mode and EAC says there is a timing problem while ripping the wav.  Also, I have ripped X&Y as well with no problems if that helps.  Are they similar as far as exctraction goes?

Reply #7

Yes, but first you could try to rip it using another ripping program
Try Nero=> Save Tracks... to wavs and then do whatever you want with them.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=326513"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I tried CDex on this computer (dvdrw drive) and I have another computer with a dvdrom and a cdrw.  I tried EAC and Nero Express the second comp. but none would read.  Looks like it might be the cd itself as far as I can tell

Edit:The last three tracks won't even play in iTunes or WMP but they will play fine on a regular cd player.  And this is a 13 year old cd player.

Reply #8
As a last resort, you might consider feeding your CD player output into your sound card.  Then just recording the analogue feed.

Reply #9
Had to resort to slightly less legal means.

Reply #10
I tried burst mode and EAC says there is a timing problem while ripping the wav.  Also, I have ripped X&Y as well with no problems if that helps.  Are they similar as far as exctraction goes?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=326626"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I don't really understand what did u mean by 'similar' (as in similar to what), but I'll try to.

Anyway, try ripping one of the problematic track using Burst Mode (on every optical drive that you have if you wish; I'd do it if I were you).
Ignore the timing problem(s); just listen to the resulting rip.
If it's fine then it's fine; unless you have that much of a curiosity.

Anyway, try ripping in Secure Mode w/ C2 reporting on and off.
After that, try the Fast Mode, and then Burst Mode; anything.
If there's any setting that 'suits' the CD, then that's it.
I have several CCCD-ed Audio CDs, and most of them behave differently when ripped on the same drive.

So, I don't think there's a general solution for copy protected CDs, but I'm very willing to digress.