Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: ReplayGain section (Read 2764 times) previous topic - next topic

ReplayGain section

Would it be possible to add a new ReplayGain or loudness normalization forum section to the site?

I am wrapping up my current work on the specification. I would like to put a contact pointer in the specification for those seeking clarification or with further contribution.

It could also be a place to work out ongoing RG development. We have, for instance, an open proposal to recommend BS.1770/R128 in place of the current loudness measurement scheme.

ReplayGain section

Reply #1
I'm not convinced that would be high traffic enough to make it a separate forum.

Could be made a sticky in General Audio if that makes sense.

ReplayGain section

Reply #2
I'm happy to continue to use General Audio and include ReplayGain in the subject.

I was considering adding some support/contact information to the RG specification. David's e-mail address is in the original proposal but I assume that he doesn't want to further that. I'm not inclined (nor do I think it is appropriate) to avail my own e-mail address. I don't think we should leave readers to figure out for themselves who and how to contact with questions or suggestions.

So, I thought a specific forum would make sense for this purpose but I could also just put instructions to post in General Audio.